ok I thought some people who like to sample might like this... being that gutars seem to be one of the harder instraments to sample well into new melodys due to the Unatrual sound that it makes.

Ok I have found a great way to do it using Reason and Rcycle

Ok take a Gutar Loop you like open it in Rcycle and move the sensititivy bar up till you have all the notes in loop sections. then figure about how fast you want the tempo for this to be and set your bar and beat loop acordingly. Then save as... name it I often put the tempo that it tells you in the name for easy refrance. that way you can save the same loop at diffrent tempos...

Open up reason. goto your D Rex. open the loop in there and set the tempo of the track to the loop tempo. then set your track loop to about 3 times the sampled bar langth. well 3 -4. then on the Dr Rex press the To Track button. the track will show up on the squncer track (Paino Roll). Now here is the fun part. right click the 1st loop and select Change Events. Now Zoom in on the Notes with theSwitch to edit mode button in the top left hand conner of the Squncer. Now you see thous Notes Hilighted. back in the Change Events window, change the Alter Notes to 25% or 50% or 75% and click aply.

Now lissin to what you have done. Keep clicking aply untill you have somthing close to what you like, somtimes it might only be 1 or 2 bars that you like out of a 4 or 6 bar loop. copy and past thous "good bars " now you can start to fine tune them manualy. to get that nice natural sound. If you have some chop in the sound somtimes but uping the tempo a few BPM can help and langhin the problem notes a touch.

This will work with just about anything drums, panio ... anything you sample even vocals if you spend more time with it. its a bit more tricky but you can do that too for Remixes and what not.

Ive used 5 or 6 Dr Rex's with diffrent Vesions of the same loop with diffrent parts of the music and Vocals to cut things in and out. and Since Dr Rex can be play'd the the midi keyboard just like everything else you can test out the combiantions of diffrent patterns in the vocals or instrament...

Hope this helps somone other wise I just typed a book for nothing

Good Luck and Have some fun