User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 108

Thread: My gripes with Rb.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3

My gripes with Rb.

Ok, it's time that I express my gripes with the state of Rapbattles. I am sick and tired of all these peeps on Rb being very biased towards underground rappers. First of all, I LOVE the underground scene, and agree that lyrically, they are most of the time better than the mainstream. But once somebody mentions any sort of mainstream artist like Nelly or Ja Rule, first thing that comes out of their mouth is "wack". Without even listening to what they are saying or anything. They just associate any mainstream artist with the word "wack". Now for the most part this may be true, but to be totally close-minded towards the mainstream is just absurd. You can't really claim you are a "true hip-hop head" if you are close-minded. The second thing is to say that you are better then them, that is ridiculous. I have seen a lot of hate on this site aimed towards people like 50 Cent, Ja Rule, The Game, etc. There are very few people on this site that are even good. It is stupid to claim you are better than somebody who has a record deal, and even more stupid when the same people that say this are just dumb textcees. But seriously, these cats have to take a look in the mirror before they judge an artists and ask themselves, "who has a record deal. who is actually making money off of this rap game." Now I know some people on this site are actually making moves, but most people on here, aren't. Now before you sit there and bash any mainstream artist, remember that they are actually doing something while all you can do is sit back and hate on them. But don't get me wrong, I love the underground, but I also like to listen to the mainstream shit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    Not everyone that writes rhymes are doing it becasue they want to land a record deal, or they want the money. And Nelly and Ja Rule are both wack, lol. But seriously, so many rap artist now-a-days are just signed because labels are looking for images...it has nothing to do with talent. Perfect example. Lil John. If anyone says this dude has talent youre a blind bastard. They like his voice, and the image he brings to the game, therefore he is signed, and people buy his record. In my personal opinion, the mainstream rap industry is quite wack...and they are making shitty moves for the future. We need to bring it back to shit like Run DMC or The Trech. Three. Real emcees...fucka image.
    You really think ur tough... come 'n try me man
    I’ll get a hiccup that isn’t spasms of the diaphragm

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15
    6th.. I agree with what your saying. Tis very true... People on Rb need to hop off their own dicks because those who worship Super Duper Lyrical Underground Emcee claiming they are better than Mainstream Emcee are usually sitting on their computer chair hours on end and just bitch and whine and never do shit.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    1-1
    I'm one of those who doesn't like the mainstream but loves the underground and knows that he isn't better than any mainstream artist...where do I fit in? But I mean fuuuuck, 1000's of people may like what I write or record or whatever...i'm just too lazy to find out

Who really cares to be honest with all this whining...it's not like you come into Aesop Rock threads and say he's wack, when I'm sure he's better than you...is it?! Online forums were built for people to bitch and complain about complete irrelevance...if you really want to live in complete harmony we should have a mainstream lounge and an underground lounge.....but I guess it would get boring without people complaining LOL

Battle Record
    16-3
    Amen 6th Sense

You = +10 cool points for saying what I've been trying to say for ages

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by JayembeE
    Perfect example. Lil John. If anyone says this dude has talent youre a blind bastard. They like his voice, and the image he brings to the game, therefore he is signed, and people buy his record.
    LOL UR SO STUPID, His beats are fucking ill.
    His voice? he doesnt rap, its just a trade mark, "WHAT/ YEAH!!"
    is a trademark, its not like they like his voice cuz he raps, his ebats are fucking ill... that is why he signed.
    Lmfao at a image, what image does he bring, i'd slap the fuck out of him if we fought, but I mos def know I cant make beats like that..

That is why he is signed.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lechz Heacon
    it's not like you come into Aesop Rock threads and say he's wack, when I'm sure he's better than you...is it?!
    You know what, you are right. I am guilty of doing that.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Damn, I feel like fuckin Martin Luther King in this bitch. Preaching to the choir and shit.

Battle Record
    7-1
    Quote Originally Posted by JayembeE
    Perfect example. Lil John. If anyone says this dude has talent youre a blind bastard. They like his voice, and the image he brings to the game, therefore he is signed, and people buy his record.
    You are stupid times 2 because Lil Jon is not signed to some major label, you know shit about him, he's been doin underground work for at least 8 years before he got nationwide attention, and he fucking runs his own independent label, smartass. Lil Jon is BME not jus a part of it, god damn.

and fuck it while I'm typing, Nelly and Ja were both underground before they blew up, fuck if you know anything about their history. I swear if I get this deal this summer I will dis the like out of people like you.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    8-7
    The only rap I like is EYEKONZ

Better than YOU.

Battle Record
    16-3
    There is a difference between saying "Aesop is wack" and "mainstream is wack"

Aesop rock has his own style of emceeing, if you don't feel or if you feel it, there's no problem with that. But hating rappers for their financial status/popularity is just gay. Money doesn't mean you suck.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by wogzta
    But hating rappers for their financial status/popularity is just gay. Money doesn't mean you suck.
    Knowledge = Dropped

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce
    You are stupid times 2 because Lil Jon is not signed to some major label, you know shit about him, he's been doin underground work for at least 8 years before he got nationwide attention, and he fucking runs his own independent label, smartass. Lil Jon is BME not jus a part of it, god damn.

and fuck it while I'm typing, Nelly and Ja were both underground before they blew up, fuck if you know anything about their history. I swear if I get this deal this summer I will dis the like out of people like you.

Diss me?

What?

I hope you arent talking about me...

And all I have to say about Lil Johns trash is, his sucsess is completely due to Dave Chapelle making fun of him. There music sucks...but they do have dope beats.

Battle Record
    22-7
    Word at 6th sense, I hate that shit, I happen to like both, I like to get into the deep stuff, and dope lyricism, and on the flip side i like dance music, and the other topics in mainstream. Its absurd that people pass judgement on mainstream, and then turn around and think they know what REAL hiphop is. Hiphop has so many different faces, theres no form more hiphop then any other. Its ok to like a song that doesnt have the greatest lyrics, but is catchy and makes u dance. Unless of course u actually sit here online all day, and sometimes the underground music that everyone on the site dickrydes is really a pain in the ass to listen too.
    Artificial Intelligence

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    Let me ask this people...do you agree with me that alot of mainstream is turing into an image? with little talent, compared to the overall picture?