User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: U.S. House

thanx for the feed, i thought this was aright and id have to agree with G-man that i like when people write on a Political level. keep write'n

Will Merk You
    Battle Record
    21-6
    this was kool... had some funny lines, the boner one.. had some simple ones, the osama thing.. but overall its was a nice piece with some relevant points about bush, a decent flow some nie lines, stick wit it.... u got potential make more pieces like this.. hit this up man

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170305
    Good Luck. You're Gonna Need It.

Battle Record
    15-10
    i mnot much for political aspects, seein as i dont have much of a postiton on political happenings but,this piece was ill,nice vocab,nice wordplay,tight imagery,all in all nice piece.~1~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-1
    i liked it dawg....it was tight...aight, but, i think u should maybe consider usin more colorful words...i mean, if u cant handle 'em cuz ur one of the weak and squimmish .... thas aight...but yeah, its good vocab and flow and shit....keep elevatin...

I really liked the flow of this the first few lines were great!

nice subject matter even though it is kind of playyed out.i think you could of had better vocab but overall ok peace

chill
    Battle Record
    41-18
    Awards 25+ Wins
    some parts the flow switched up..the lines were kinda short,but you said what you needed to say... nothing great but it was GOOD

overall 6/10
    She said I could sleep on the couch
    By 2 am, I was diggin her out

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-3
    yo this was a nice drop
    good vocab .... flow sumtimez a lil off point but its iight
    ..... & structure nice
    sum linez were funny dawg
    gd piece ... keep droppin'

ya do real shit , ya get real results
    ya do fake shit , ya get fake results

this dude got sum gd songs on his soundclick ...
    Name : dimense
    thread...

Battle Record
    7-9
    this was an ok drop, a little simple at times, and i think although you did have some good ways of putting it, the metaphoar could have been a bit beter done, i can see a place for you on rb but you need to elevate a little and workl on the flow, nonetheless, a dope drop

Tha DraGoN

yo i can relate to ya man dat was hot yo but the metaphorical stuff could hav been developed to be out there to show the hard facts bout how u feel bout bush and tha rest of ur topic u dropped it hot tho
    Last edited by Tha DraGoN; February 12th, 2005 at 10:50 PM

Nation
    yeah its mad hot, i like how u mixed it up a bit with the politics, overall pretty good, u kept on topic to, didnt stray off

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    good piece....i like how u made a rap bout U.S House....Great Job

Given Light.
    Battle Record
    3-12
    A political topic none the less, but you seemed to develop your concept and idea well. It was short, but it was good and I liked the read, you didnt' seem to use too much vocab in there, so that would be my advice to you, is to upp the vocab a bit.

Good drop.

Dodge
    sup fool,this one of the best political rhymes i seen on here so far,i liked the wording and rhyme and overall u nailed this one to the table pretty well.dodge.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Black Hornet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    47-16
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: U.S. House

worst line......
    Bush should be the house's owner
    instead he thinks of war and gets a boner
    this kind of jokey filler not really suited for a pollitical piece unless your whole verse is intended to be funny or provoke a laugh, i DID laugh when i read this but only because of how simple it was and the fact it didnt really have any impact. This statement was possibly the best flowing line of ur verse but i felt it didnt really work because it stands out compared to everything else. YOu started a second verse with a big impression but the rest of the structure was kind of weak in my opinion.

best line.......
    so how did he become person of the year
    when so many mothers shed a tear
    I felt this line was the most appropriate and was hoping your lines that followed would be as great. It is an honest interpretation of society and summarizes the problematic schemes that the media uses to bend the truth or reality of serious issues. I felt this line related well to the overall theme of your piece.

line i disliked the most

for the loss of their sons
    because of low oil funds
    I think this is a weak follow up to a great line, it literally is opinion and i feel that it took away from the previous line which had so much impact on me. I almost didnt even finish reading your verse because the entire first verse was pretty weak. Structurally, the set up failed to connect the meaning and took away from the impact of your verse. I understand this is an old post(2005) so i was a little more lenient due to the fact that text verses were a lot different back then, however i felt it was too elementary and didnt have a strong enough message. The title was what drew me to read the verse, however i can say truthfully it was wayyyy to basic for a political piece. I suggest writing an outline and rethink your structure to make sure every line blends well and flows into the other to make a stronger message be felt. overall id say it was 4.5/10, but i have high standards.

Tips: plan out a general message and try to stick with it, dont pick random events and make statements that dont really relate. Keep it up though if you still around!!?!??!?