User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Cassidy Re-Charged With First Degree Murder, Defense Says Rapper Is Innocent

doesnotexist

Cassidy Re-Charged With First Degree Murder, Defense Says Rapper Is Innocent

Date: 9/13/2005 12:00 pm

A first degree murder charge has been reinstated against Philadelphia, Pennsylvania rapper Cassidy.

A judge overturned an earlier, lower court’s decision that Cassidy could only be tried for no more than third-degree murder.

Prosecutors accuse the rapper of masterminding a shooting behind his row home in the Cedarbrook section of Philadelphia.

Cassidy and Desmond Hawkins, 22, were involved in a dispute at a Rite Aid drug store earlier in the day on April 15, 2005.

When the men showed up at Cassidy’s house to “make peace,” prosecutors claim Cassidy directed them to the back, where the men where ambushed.

Hawkins was fatally wounded, while Daniel Irvin, 22, and Bobby Hoyle, 21, suffered serious injuries, but have since recovered.

The rapper surrendered the authorities in the middle of June, almost a week before the June 28 release of his sophomore effort, I'm a Hustla.

Hoyle has testified that he lied to detectives when he claimed to have seen Cassidy firing a weapon. He also testified detectives coached him through his statement.

Hoyle told authorities he and the other two men were unarmed at the time of the shooting, but recently revealed ballistics evidence revealed that at least 12 shots came from inside of the van.

The evidence also revealed four guns were fired into the van from four other points, but Cassidy is the only person charged in the case so far.

The judge that delivered the ruling stated that a trial judge or a jury must rule what the appropriate degree of murder would be in the case.

Cassidy’s defense is looking to capitalize on the weakness of the evidence and stated he was ready to go to trial immediately.

"Everyone should be afforded a fair opportunity for a speedy trial, especially when there's overwhelming evidence of innocence, as there is in this case," Cassidy’s Lawyer Fortunato Perri said.

Cassidy faces the death penalty in the most extreme scenario and could be sentenced to at least 20 years in prison.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4822

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

Thanx to drifter for reminding me
    Last edited by doesnotexist; September 13th, 2005 at 04:38 PM

Call Me Pullover...
    Battle Record
    21-6
    ..word..innocence bitches...
    ..I'm So Fuckin' Hoody..!

Banned
    Battle Record
    7-5
    Cassidy=bed time snack for lifer

now they got someone to sing them to sleep

Banned
    Battle Record
    54-7
    Death penalty?.....I've seen other murder cases and they never came them the death sentence for thrid degree murder.I thought he turned himself in becuz he thought he murdered that guy?.........

Battle Record
    5-3
    wtf@death penalty...

you dont get death penalty for 3rd degree murder charges.

Battle Record
    7-1
    vote = shoot his fucking lawyer and deserve the charges

WOW@ poor dude

fuck that

Drifter V.35
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Mastery
    wtf@death penalty...

you dont get death penalty for 3rd degree murder charges.
    He's on 1st degree.

If he did it.. then he deserves to go down.

He's just living up to the stereotype that brings hip hop down. That artists are criminals who still do stupid shit while making mad money.

doesnotexist
    Yea this makes hip-hop look bad to "white america" and old ladies even more lol

but the truth is him having to do anything with this or any other crime has nothing to do with hip-hop....thats him as a person doing whatever he did. Hip-Hop isnt respoinsible, Cassidy is.

Drifter V.35
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanja
    Yea this makes hip-hop look bad to "white america" and old ladies even more lol

but the truth is him having to do anything with this or any other crime has nothing to do with hip-hop....thats him as a person doing whatever he did. Hip-Hop isnt respoinsible, Cassidy is.
    Obviously.

But when you look at the amount of hip hop artists that are in trouble with the law.. the stereotype arises.

It makes hip hop look bad to anyone IMO.

In the sense that people won't think 'wow.. hip hop is going downhill' etc.. but they will think 'wow.. another hip hop artist going down for something stupid.' if you get me.

N'Hale MCs X'Hale Smoke PuffNGive's Avatar
    Battle Record
    6-6
    it is the price of the lifestyle he was livin... if you are really doin it you goona get cought sooner or later... but he got cought on a murder...

Guess dude shouldna smudged his poomas in the store...
    99% OF ALL I SAY IS SARCASIM
    DONT TAKE IT SERIOUS
    IT'S THE INTERNET FOR GOD SAKES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Isn't that called "Double Jeopardy" when they get charged wit the same crime twice? Or is it only if the jury says he's innocent instead of the judge dismissing the case?

dam death penalty fucked up

i seriously doubt he did this shit, and if he did hes an idiot. but damn, dude was just about to blow up.
    Olama 09

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2
    I'm almost certain he didn't do it but doesn't want to snitch on who did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    9-5
    yea I'm not really buyin' cassidy as poppin' shit, to be honest...

but either way, who even gives a fuck about cassidy? Am I the only one that thinks the only real accomplishment was blowing out freeway? That shit needed to happen for a grip, with Jay Z all on his dick for forever and shit.

<br>
    one.<br>

Originally Posted by Ha Style
    Then at night, I had a dream where she was King Kong and she climbed the school with me screaming in her hand.