User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: My new project

Battle Record
    5-3

My new project

to build one of these from scratch for the studio...

http://www.silentsource.com/diffusors-art.html

im planning dimensions and designs right now... shits gonna be sick to have such a high end diffusor in my lab.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    2-0
    What exactly is it, Kris?
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    5-4
    Seems like huge waste of money, even if you're buying the wood etc... to make one yourself. Those things can't be friendly to mount on a wall.
    Chez Scheme - Can you INTERPRET *this?
    You're rhyming with a "lisp" how I "interpret" is a wonder
    You all know my "scheme" (set! wackRappers sixFeetUnder)

Listen to the Wackness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty T. YT
    Seems like huge waste of money, even if you're buying the wood etc... to make one yourself. Those things can't be friendly to mount on a wall.
    be serious.

a 2' x 2' square of this diffusor type (POP Art diffusors) costs $400 bucks man. I can get the equivalent amount of wood from Lowes or Home Depot for less than $75 dollars.

and they are easy to hang on the wall, you have to mount them to a stud of course. you just cant screw them on a slab of open sheetrock, or sticky them on a wall like regular foam diffusors.

and I Am... diffusors are a type of acoustic treatment used to break up standing sound waves, and "diffuse" them across the room, to make them easier to absorb. They are used in every pro studio out there in some form or another. If you apply foam to an entire room, it can actually make the room "dead" and a dead room isnt good for listening or even recording in.

These diffusors are really high end obviously, and for a reason. They get the job done above and beyond the call of duty. Hence why they're so expensive.

They also have treatment called absopfusors(sp) that diffuse and absorb simoultaneously.
    Welcome to reality.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    5-4
    I am being serious. Even if you get the wood the time it takes to build that shit isn't worth it... Do you even have the tools to build one properly? It adds up. And yeah those can be a bitch to hang on your wall depending on if you have 12" or 16" studs.
    Chez Scheme - Can you INTERPRET *this?
    You're rhyming with a "lisp" how I "interpret" is a wonder
    You all know my "scheme" (set! wackRappers sixFeetUnder)

Listen to the Wackness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    ^true... but fuck that project... where's my beat sampler..!?
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty T. YT
    I am being serious. Even if you get the wood the time it takes to build that shit isn't worth it... Do you even have the tools to build one properly? It adds up. And yeah those can be a bitch to hang on your wall depending on if you have 12" or 16" studs.
    i renovate houses as a hobby with my best friend. This thing can be built easily within half a day, and only reason it'll take THAT long is because its TEDIOUS placing the wood strips. And it is worth it when your only paying 75 dollars for wood, and you KNOW how to do it yourself. As opposed to paying over 1000 dollars for a pre made equivalent.

and a 2 foot by 2 foot sheet of wood is no task for a wall stud man.
    and please dont argue with me on that fact. Because even on the site for the ART diffusors it has instructions on placeing the drywall scree through the double plywood backing, and drilling into the stud in the wall for the "type w" diffusors.

lol@it's not worth it.

I wouldnt even attempt such a thing if i didnt have the resources to get the shit done right. and in a timely manner.
    Welcome to reality.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19
    cotdamn they look like wooden puzzles or some shit.

the studio i'm hanging out in uses egg cartons lmao like they covered the entire jamming booth with the stuff.

(new track daily)

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed Peace
    cotdamn they look like wooden puzzles or some shit.

the studio i'm hanging out in uses egg cartons lmao like they covered the entire jamming booth with the stuff.
    yea egg cartons are effective for diffusion, and some absorption too. But they have alot of things that are not good.

like huge dips in the frequency handling, not being able to do anything to low end waves, and of course... flammability. LOL.

But hey, they work for what they're worth. I'll recommend bed foam, blankets, and egg cartons to anyone in a second if they have little to no budget and want acoustic treatment. Hell i still got bed foam on the walls in parts of the control room i work in.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    fyi... you dont have to worry about studs. you use ez anchors and #8 screws. or you can put up plywood and mount them with toggle bolts.

Battle Record
    5-3
    forgot about ez anchors opey... thnks for reminding me.

i think i still got a box of em from when i was making shelves up there in the studio.
    Welcome to reality.

damn dude, you just do it all eh?

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    if you want something done right you have to do it yourself

I am me
    What about staining it? You using pine? That'll take a little longer than half a day to put it all together as a finished product. How many sqft are you covering?

Battle Record
    5-3
    i already have a few cans of stain here, and poly, and gloss, and we'd be using harder pine.

and no it wouldnt take more than half a day... im not making it by myself man... lol, we already got blueprints of how its going to be cut

and were only making like 8sqft of the panels for right now, and making some more for when we open our commercial property later.

we just stripped and refinished the hardwood here at the house last week...
    Welcome to reality.