User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Graphics.....

Battle Record
    2-0

Graphics.....

I really miss the graphics forum in the lounge.....

The site they have there now is inactive compared to how it was on RB. Not putting down the site owners or admins and stuff, but that site isn't a good one at all. Just my opinion but I liked it 10x better on RB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black Dot Biography!
    Battle Record
    1-2

Re: Graphics.....

Yeah it doesn't need it's own site. A forum and sub forum will do, we have at least that for poetry, and poetry/short stories is possibly the most overlooked forum on the site, bar turntablism.

I support bringing it back to RB, but put a heavily responsible mod in charge, with fresh ideas and no devoted support needed. It worked best that way, there were no problems, apart from lazyness on the authority side.
    PE|WV

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

It was better for laymens and beginners or just browsers and requesters...

Having helped set that forum up, I realized not that many people on RB were real artists.

I'd probably do some graphics if it was on RB. I took a look at the other site, but I couldn't get the jist of it... though I didn't try too hard.

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

word, the gfx forum was a lot better how it used to be...I miss it

It made requesting a sig so much easier and it was a lot easier to see all of that persons sig work, etc.

I wish we could have it back
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

According to some of the staff, they didn't care about people requesting stuff or looking at other people's artwork... It was just for artists to share feedback on their art. They didn't want that section wasting all the bandwidth of the site with all these silly sig and random people going in there to take peaks.

So Emerge created a new server and asked me to help him design a whole new site so we can do so much more... But then it turns out not that many people who actual drop good art. And most of past graphics traffic was just randomness like Member's Pic...

So basically we're just gaining members slowly by recruiting artists from other places who are actually appreciative of the site dedicated for artists.

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Ha
    According to some of the staff, they didn't care about people requesting stuff or looking at other people's artwork... It was just for artists to share feedback on their art. They didn't want that section wasting all the bandwidth of the site with all these silly sig and random people going in there to take peaks.

So Emerge created a new server and asked me to help him design a whole new site so we can do so much more... But then it turns out not that many people who actual drop good art. And most of past graphics traffic was just randomness like Member's Pic...

So basically we're just gaining members slowly by recruiting artists from other places who are actually appreciative of the site dedicated for artists.

If thats the case. Why dont we have a forum section where its locked or something, and you can only go in it if you have like 700+ posts or something like that. Cause i was gunna say have a password, but then i thought about all the ppl that would tell others the ps
    RB OG Triple OG

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by WestBank504
    If thats the case. Why dont we have a forum section where its locked or something, and you can only go in it if you have like 700+ posts or something like that. Cause i was gunna say have a password, but then i thought about all the ppl that would tell others the ps
    lol @ you just answering your own question... And they don't care enough to do something like that.

Black Dot Biography!
    Battle Record
    1-2

Then bring the forum back, but keep it for artists only. Sig makers have to earn the right to make sig threads, as they actually need to be considered artistic in the work they make.
    Common game renders and pixel fonts, with a global light source on top of insane brushes - are NOT a good example of artistic work. Requirements will be hardcore and fussy.

I'd suggest the graphics section being a reputable area. Unless you have the respect of (x) people, including earning the mods respect for your work, you cannot make sig threads. There could be a sticky, like in the Crews forum, where you make your request to be granted a 'thread license', where you apply to the mod with a portfolio and provide numerous testimonials from other users. And once you are given the thumbs up, you can have one thread to showcase your graphics and handle requests.
    A responsible mod will handle PM'd requests to have the sig makers thread cleaned and tidied, thus to ensure the thread belongs to the artist's work, and not to freeposters.

On another note - deleting posts would be a general thing, rather than closing threads and leaving pointless posts unpruned. Freeposting would be pointless, and there would ultimately be no need to post unconcstructive comments and threads, because they will be deleted the second they are seen by the mod.

I have hundreds of ideas like this, and i've also modded the graphics with those techniques on other sites over the years. It all worked pretty damn well, except the minimum site activity just ended up in there being no need to be on the site regularly anyway.
    So, if you're wondering where there's a mod that would handle all that - it's me. I got nothing better to do on this god forsaken train to life-failure called a website.
    PE|WV

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Dat
    Then bring the forum back, but keep it for artists only. Sig makers have to earn the right to make sig threads, as they actually need to be considered artistic in the work they make.
    Common game renders and pixel fonts, with a global light source on top of insane brushes - are NOT a good example of artistic work. Requirements will be hardcore and fussy.

I'd suggest the graphics section being a reputable area. Unless you have the respect of (x) people, including earning the mods respect for your work, you cannot make sig threads. There could be a sticky, like in the Crews forum, where you make your request to be granted a 'thread license', where you apply to the mod with a portfolio and provide numerous testimonials from other users. And once you are given the thumbs up, you can have one thread to showcase your graphics and handle requests.
    A responsible mod will handle PM'd requests to have the sig makers thread cleaned and tidied, thus to ensure the thread belongs to the artist's work, and not to freeposters.

On another note - deleting posts would be a general thing, rather than closing threads and leaving pointless posts unpruned. Freeposting would be pointless, and there would ultimately be no need to post unconcstructive comments and threads, because they will be deleted the second they are seen by the mod.

I have hundreds of ideas like this, and i've also modded the graphics with those techniques on other sites over the years. It all worked pretty damn well, except the minimum site activity just ended up in there being no need to be on the site regularly anyway.
    So, if you're wondering where there's a mod that would handle all that - it's me. I got nothing better to do on this god forsaken train to life-failure called a website.
    The site we have right now works fine for real artists, thanks. Again, I don't think RB staff gives enough fuck to make a graphics forum and go through any trouble.

Battle Record
    5-1

^yeh i agree wit Dat, this site would have been alot better wit the graphics thread still here, its so inactive, i miss being asked to make sigs in the gfx section now i just get these stupid pm's, i would love to mod it if that was koo or co mod it wit sum one

But yeh, wat Dat said would be a good idea....you could also like do wat u have goin on in the other gfx forum, have leagues and ish but now wit ppl that dont have to worry about registering to a new site(becuz sum ppl get mad about having to regain post) and like for ppl to post work ud have to do like in open mic, give decent feed and have the links in your new thread, and to post request u have to like give feed and have a certain amount of post, but yeh i got amillion ideas for this if the gfx section comes back....

Black Dot Biography!
    Battle Record
    1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Ha
    The site we have right now works fine for real artists, thanks. Again, I don't think RB staff gives enough fuck to make a graphics forum and go through any trouble.
    They gave a fuck enough to set up another server, another entire site.

But they don't give a fuck enough to set up a single forum - that wasn't exactly working negatively in the first place, when it was originally here.

In my opinion, it's caused more hassle trying to set HHG up, than it would have caused just to find a reliable mod for the forum.

Fair enough the site's good for artists, but you're slowly but surely forcing the sig-makers and the lesser artists into some sort of 'rebellion', by forcing all your art on them. I'm an artist, i moved on from sigs a few years ago to be honest, but i know that most of these guys make a Cassidy sig for popularity. For easy access to a roster. For easy recognition. Because it's a cult thing, etc etc etc. HHG is a good site, but you spend too much time enforcing all this 'Graphic Art' science that ordinary sig-makers just don't want to hear, down to their own uninvolvement. If you showed some courtesy and appreciation to the guys with the 100x450's, then maybe you would decrease the whole 'we want the forum back' thing.

I swear - test this theory out: Start treating all the sig makers like sig makers. Encourage them to use 'abstract grunge' for every background, and when they ask you about colours - tell them to mess around with the hue/saturation. Images? Gamerenders.
    And poof. This whole forum thing will dissappear.
    Only reason most of them want the forum back is because it wasn't plastered in all this 'influence' and 'art' science, that alot of them don't have time for. They just want a simple 'make thread --> post sigs --> engage in freeposting' environment, because it's all they do it for.

[/didn'tmeantowriteastory]
    PE|WV

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

They gave a fuck enough to set up another server, another entire site.

But they don't give a fuck enough to set up a single forum - that wasn't exactly working negatively in the first place, when it was originally here.

In my opinion, it's caused more hassle trying to set HHG up, than it would have caused just to find a reliable mod for the forum.

Fair enough the site's good for artists, but you're slowly but surely forcing the sig-makers and the lesser artists into some sort of 'rebellion', by forcing all your art on them. I'm an artist, i moved on from sigs a few years ago to be honest, but i know that most of these guys make a Cassidy sig for popularity. For easy access to a roster. For easy recognition. Because it's a cult thing, etc etc etc. HHG is a good site, but you spend too much time enforcing all this 'Graphic Art' science that ordinary sig-makers just don't want to hear, down to their own uninvolvement. If you showed some courtesy and appreciation to the guys with the 100x450's, then maybe you would decrease the whole 'we want the forum back' thing.

I swear - test this theory out: Start treating all the sig makers like sig makers. Encourage them to use 'abstract grunge' for every background, and when they ask you about colours - tell them to mess around with the hue/saturation. Images? Gamerenders.
    And poof. This whole forum thing will dissappear.
    Only reason most of them want the forum back is because it wasn't plastered in all this 'influence' and 'art' science, that alot of them don't have time for. They just want a simple 'make thread --> post sigs --> engage in freeposting' environment, because it's all they do it for.

[/didn'tmeantowriteastory]
    I'm not really reading any or your suggestions since I'm not a staff here anyway so it doesn't matter, but I think HHG is like a separate project Merge is doing. I don't think all RB high ranked staff was in on it. Many staff wanted to get rid of the graphics forum way before the HHG thing was created which is by separate people from who you're trying to convince.

Black Dot Biography!
    Battle Record
    1-2

Lol mate i'm not trying to convince anybody, my artwork is shown in galleries and exhibitions all around my local area, so i could care less about any site/forum for it.
    I just support the idea of giving the sig makers a home, and offered to mod it should there be nobody who has better plans than me. Provided they even get a forum in the first place.
    PE|WV

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Lol mate i'm not trying to convince anybody, my artwork is shown in galleries and exhibitions all around my local area, so i could care less about any site/forum for it.
    I just support the idea of giving the sig makers a home, and offered to mod it should there be nobody who has better plans than me. Provided they even get a forum in the first place.
    Drop a link to your portfolio, nah mean?