User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 112

Thread: Front Lines Monthly Mag Vol. 4

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; March 6th, 2007 at 03:23 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    136-1

Re: Front Lines Monthly Mag Vol. 4

Introduction
    New shit...new people

Welcome to the 4th edition of the Front Lines Magazine and the Introduction to this phenomena. With the comings and goings of the more prominent heads in the Front Lines here recently..those being the Front Lines topical beast Baron P. Mortuus and former Text title holders Cry, Philly, and Wyte. Front Lines has opened up a bit more to the crowd of people who don't battle as muchand gives everyone a fair and relatively easy shot to climb the rankings quickly for the title. With the new addition of the topical rule as well insuring the topical battles will be more productive and there will be more contenders for the title in upcoming events. So here recently Tim has rampaged the Front Lines in topical battling and held the title for quite awhile becoming almost as great a topical champion as Baron P. Mortuus was in the Front Lines...with that said Wyte also held the title for quite awhile but gave it up due to time conflicts here as of Week 17 B. Nesse is the current title holder and is expected to have a decent run. Once again I stress the point limit in front lines right now is 150 pts...once you hit that mark you cannot get higher until it seems approriate to raise the limit due to more contenders. Everything is looking great thusfar..most of the title matches have been well up to par with how they should be and I can only expect to see even better things in the future. Keep battling and keep shooting for that title because you will get your shot with work and dedication. We even contributed a first ever in Rapbattles history innovation with an audio interview that was conducted in two ways due to this being a first time occasion. SmokaJoka interviews Kaybori...then later...Kaybori interviews SmokaJoka. Both interviews are approx. twenty minutes long...and if you don't have the advanced technology of audio then get speakers. This is here to stay..very interesting stuff.

Battle Record
    136-1

Text Championship Battle Reviews

Week 13: Wyte vs. Method.

After Philly decided to be placed on the backburner of the Front Lines. Wyte and Method. finally get their shots at the title in their first one on one matchup. However, Method. due to his recent new found love of topicals and poetry decided to not show for this battle. Wyte dropped a decent verse for the most part and grabbed hold of the Front Lines Text title for the first time in his career which would gaurantee a long run for him in the end.
    Winner - Wyte
    Battle Rating: 3/10

Week 14: Wyte vs. Cry

Last time these two faced off Cry was the title holder and he kept the title from Wyte's hands. However, this time would prove to be quite different. The new champ Wyte vs. the 2x Champ in Cry battled it out in a pretty good battle overall to read. Wyte came with a mostly consistent verse with few lines to dislike for the most part and the voters let that be known with their votes as well. He came with a few witty lines which is always good and Cry did the same. However in the eyes of the majority of voters Cry did not come as consistent as Wyte. And Wyte ended up keeping the title from Cry's hands this time. Cry would then asked to be placed on the backburner where his long waited return will be looked forward to by many. Wyte keeps the title and successfully defends it for one week.
    Winner - Wyte
    Battle Rating: 7.5/10

Week 15: Wyte vs. dj...

Wyte comes in after the successful defense against Cry with high spirits of taking out dj... might I add the first ever I.J.L.er to be involved in a championship match in the Front Lines since Week 3. Dj... is reknowned in Front Lines as being a versatile head and has a few shots at the title but still hasnt gained the opportunity to actually hold the coveted belt, and this time would be no different. Wyte came a bit weaker than he did against Cry but still came with an overall solid verse for the most part as some of the votes in the battle would recognize the lines he dropped that were good and the lines he dropped that were crap. Dj..., however, was so used to his newfound glory in topical writing he lost some of his touch in text battling and sadly some of the voters noticed this as well. Wyte successfully defends his title for 2 weeks in a row now and continues on to week 16 for another title defense.
    Winner - Wyte
    Battle Rating: 7/10

Week 16: Wyte vs. B.Nesse

Wyte once again placed up against yet another I.J.L. head but this time a very seemingly different one. Wyte didn't fair to well in the end either way because he just could not find time to drop and asked to be placed on the backburner. However, judging by critique on Nesse's verse she overall came decent but still needed more wit within her verse for future battles. B.Nesse becomes the first ever chick to hold the Front Lines title and it may be a decent reign so long as she keeps up with what she does.
    Winner - B.Nesse
    Battle Rating: 2/10

Battle Record
    136-1

Topical Championship Battle Reviews

Week 13: Tim vs. CrosT Over

After Baron's departure in Week 12 at the time little did I know that Tim would hold the topical front lines championship for 4 straight weeks thusfar quickly becoming one of the most dominate title holding in Front Lines history. Tim has held the title on one other occasion and defended it for 3 weeks before losing it only due to him going on vacation. However, this battle was his 2nd shot at gaining the belt and he made the most of it he could. Crost also gained his first title shot in Front Lines and tried to make the most of it as well. However, Crost was not able to pull out a victory. Both DID drop one of the most overlooked and epic title matches in recent front lines championship memory even judging by votes. Crost came very well with his approach but started to fall off storywise and bore some of the voters by the end of his project. Tim had a very interesting approach to his topic and it kept voters reading till the end...if you want to read the battle yourself the links above this paragraph. Tim regains the title for the 2nd time in his Front Lines career.
    Winner - Tim
    Battle Rating: 9/10

Week 14: Tim vs. Thomas

Whether these two know it or not this is the 3rd time they've faced off. However, the first time was in a triple thread and the 2nd time Tim was not able to show giving Thomas the win and the title. How would it fair this time? Tim being the newly founded champion by now for the 2nd time in his first defense of this 2nd run was set to battle it out this time around against Thomas. Sadly, however, Thomas had a bit of confusion with the time and date of when he was supposed to drop and the battle eneded up being forfeited in Tim's favor due to a no show verse and confusion. Tim successfully defends his title for the first week.
    Winner - Tim
    Battle Rating: 1/10

Week 15: Tim vs. Memento

Another great match to read and I personally liked this one for the most part. In Memento's first ever title shot for the Front Lines topical title he faired a bit well but in the end he could not pull out a win due to Tim's great drop as well. Tim dropped with great emotion, vocabulary, and a near excellent rhyme scheme and outshined most of Memento's drop by keeping reader's eyes glued to his story. From my own personal opinion Memento came very well with the topic but some of his verse seemed to not have a sincere bit of emotion I suppose would be the best way to put it. Tim wins the matchup and successfully defends his title for now TWO weeks...how will he fair in Week 16?
    Winner - Tim
    Battle Rating: 7.5/10

Week 16: Tim vs. GrimReapa

In Tim's 3rd straight week defending his title and GrimReapa's first shot at the title how would this week fair for our contender and champion? Well it's quite simple...Grim checked in said he'd drop...didn't...then said give it another day...and still didn't drop. Tim may have wasted a short little no show verse for the most part but no harm no foul in the end as he retained the title for 3 weeks in a row now and has now been the first ever Topical Front Lines champion to do so. Congratulations to Tim for breaking the Front Lines topical battle record which was shared by both Tim and Baron P. Mortuus at 2 weeks each. GrimReapa was sent back to 0 pts. until he can learn to show up.
    Winner - Tim
    Battle Rating: 2/10

Battle Record
    136-1

Front Lines Power Rankings: Text
    Who stayed and who left MY LIST...

Now this right here is a rather unique take on Front Lines from my point of view...these are the power rankings...much like in the N.F.L. I take the top 10 individuals from the Contendership rankings IN MY EYES...and rate them by my own rankings...soooooo...

Almost hit the list: Alphabetized

10. Quarter
    Making his debut on the Front Lines Power Rankings Quarter had been under the radar for quite some time until here recently he has had a surge of battling more and more and eventually moving a decent ways up the rankings so far but still has a way to go before he get to the contenders area in the rankings. Quarter is still one of the harder kats to battle in the Front Lines as he comes with originality most of the time which shows a great prospect of him being a heavy weight battler in LLL, Front Lines, and wherever else he may tread. Be on the lookout for him to go up higher in the rankings as time passes.

9. Ghost Face
    Ghost Face may have inched up just one spot in the rankings from last time, but I can say he's getting better and he's just about in the same boat as dj... was. Somehow, he's climbing up the rankings and no one can give a real explanation as to why. All Ghost needs a few more wins under his belt against heads that are well known to get his rep up and a little bit of work is still needed concept wise...other than that. Ghost is becoming one of the faces of the Front Lines here recently and I can see him becoming more than that with a dedication to writing.

8. Slut
    This slut's finally popped up on my top ten list...albiet I think it's Wyte. If not then cool...if so then...whatever. Slut comes for the most part with great concepts...and now he's halfway to getting a shot at the title....however..this guy still isn't quite there...as he needs some major work on wit...but once he gets all that down pat....he's got something good in his hands...till then...Slut may just be one of those guys that gets a title shot, but just can't quite win the title because of the problems that are holding him back....be sure to keep an eye on him...I'm confident he'll climb up the rankings more and more in the next few weeks, but that's really dependant on him and how far he'll go to better himself in the run for the championship.

7. Licorice
    Licorice is one of those people that could easily take out anyone before him on this list....so why is he #7??...it's quite simple...HE HASNT BATTLE ENOUGH....if Licorice had more battles under his belt...he'd shit all over the rankings and on this top ten list...and he'd be taking out whomever the champ is at the time on pretty much a weekly basis while holding the Front Lines title...till then...all anyone needs to know...is dodge this guy....he'll poop in your soup and make you eat every bit of it....he comes with wit, creativity, and nothing else to really bitch about except he just needs more wins under his belt...that simple.

6. .kid sick
    Kid sick has spurred into the rankings once again due to his recent activity in the Front Lines battle area...and he doesnt hold many losses at all...and he has a decent amount of wins...as a matter of fact...I think the guy just doesnt report some of his battles that close...therefore...he's alot lower in the rankings than he should be...either way...kid sick comes with wit, wordplay...he just need much much more work on consistency...matter of fact...if he were most consistent...he'd do quite well in the Front Lines...until then...he'll sit here with a fat number 6 beside his name to date.

5. Axeshun
    If Axe battled more in the FL he'd have title shots coming at him week after week...however the only reason he isn't higher in the rankings is because he is doing well he just doesn't battle too much in FL...most likely because he concentrates on LLL...and with that said...why not let him do what he wants right? WRONG...this guy could have so many titles and bragging rights thrown his way he'd shit himself a brick house to live in...or he could just use all the gold from the belts he could get if he were more determined to just make a gold house.

4. Quest.
    Quest may have dropped only one spot in the overall rankings but he continues to do his thing for the most part. After week 17 championship battles Quest is next in line to get his shot at the title and even though he hasn't gained a shot when he does I'm sure he'll be quite able to rip the title from his opponents hands whomever that person may be. Quest for the most part hits with hard punches and actually has a few laugh out loud punches in his verses in some cases. If he keeps brushing up on his skills and traits Quest will definately be a heavy weight contender in not only text battling in FL but all across RB.

3. take.O.ver
    Where did this guy come from? He shot up the rankings in less than a week and he is definately a great contender for title all he needs is a few more wins under his belt and he will be up high enough in the rankings to get the belt. Even though I've seen a slacking recently in his amount of battles I'm sure it won't and wouldn't take much for him to get motivated enough to get up in the rankings higher. Take.o.ver is a force to be reckoned with as he comes with wit for the most part definately a favorite amongst the old school cats from RB.

2. dj...
    Somehow some way dj... has always managed to be in the mix for the Front Lines text title. How? Consistent battling...that simple. Dj... scratched and clawed his way to get better by battling more and more and more. Eventually becoming one of the elite in the 75+ wins or more category. Dj... only needs a few tweaks before he grabs hold of the Front Lines title and completes his quest for the title itself. Even though he has been given a few shots dj... has never acquired the gold and I'm damn sure he'll keep striving for it until he recieves the belt.

1. B.Nesse
    How could I not put the first ever chick champ of the Front Lines at #1? This chick has been clawing and climbing her way throughout the rankings on a weekly basis...and she has finally got the shot at the title she deserved and won it, albeit a no show but still I can see her keeping it for a while. She comes with wit, personals, and anything else that's needed for a great battler...she's got it. One of the more dominating battlers in the Front Lines in recent memory there is no slowing her down....let's keep an eye on this chick to see if her dominance brings her closer to the title.
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; March 6th, 2007 at 03:21 PM

Battle Record
    136-1

Front Lines Power Rankings: Topical
    The New Addition of the F.L. Mag...

Now this right here is a rather unique take on Front Lines from my point of view...

Almost hit the list: CrosT Over

5. Thomas
    Thomas had been climbing throughout the rankings slowly but steadily...earning title shots left and right and is actually a former title holder, but he dropped in the rankings because of his recent no show in the championship battle and he fell in the rankings due to that no show. However, I've seen he's battling again...and I can picture Thomas getting quite a few title shots in the next month if he keeps it up...he's gotten better imagery and most tells good stories but still nees work in a few areas if he wishes to become notorious for topical battling on RB...still...be careful when you battle him topical...he'll shit on your kitten.

4. Laureate
    One of the few people that could literally put up one of the greatest title matches against Tim. Laureate finally hit the rankings recently and rightfully so he deserves to be on the top 5 topical battlers power rankings. Laureate is a very well established Poet and can shit solid or liquid on whomever his oppenent is. Either way...Laureate comes with emotion in most verses, and most definately hits topics well with great vocabulary and imagery. Keep an eyes on this guy because if he keeps up battling he'll be sitting at #1 or #2 in the power rankings by the next magazine all he needs to do is battle more.

3. Constance
    Constance finally got a shot for the topical title in Week 16...but no showed...still I see him battling all around RB and the Front Lines so I know he wants to land another shot when he gets that chance and I really hope whoever battles em knows they have their hands quite full...matter of fact...Constance drops without many flaws in what you read from em. Matter of fact...if Constance battled more bigger names and got his name out then I'm quite sure everyone on RB would know the name Constance as being one of the most dominant topical battlers in Front Lines history..till then...#3 is where he sits.

2. Belligerant
    Although he is just now getting to the contender area for the title. This guy has earned my #2 spot just for simply keeping topical battling alive with fresh drops on a consistent basis. Belligerant drops with emotion, but needs better work with rhymescheme and a bit more of a lock on the topics he writes about if he wishes to contend with the heavyweights of the topical arena...still....he could beat most of the Front Lines topical battlers without much of a problem...and if he actually pressed himself to try more...he'd take the 1 spot easy.

1. Tim
    Tim has now become the most dominant Front Lines champ for the topical title to exist. A 2x champion and he now holds the record for most weeks successfully defending the topical title Tim is going to be one hard kat for the topicalheads in the front lines to overcome. Let's see how long it takes before Tim is crossed by a formidable opponent and even when he does come across one...they will still catch a hard time overcoming Tim.

Battle Record
    136-1

Special FIRST EVER AUDIO Interviews:

Sexy ass chick and topical writer Kaybori is interviewed by SmokaJoka
    Sexy ass spic and text battler SmokaJoka is interviewed by Kaybori

Click Here for Link to Soundclick that holds these first ever and exclusive interviews!!

Battle Record
    136-1

Final Thoughts

Wow at the recent events of Front Lines...I mean in all honesty this past month has been an up month in retrospective. Tim becomes the most dominant champ in front lines history for topical battling. First ever audio interview is up...and not only that I might have had to do a few tweaks to the contender rankings when it comes to certain aspects such ass the point limit, backburner, and early closing of slept on topical battles. But no plan is perfect and I may have rushed a few things when I first started the Front Lines rankings, but it all looks like it's coming to a pretty good balance of everything and I expect this next month to be even better. By the way...this is a message to the crews of Lost Souls, Meta Convicts, and Nefarious Assassins. I made a thread in the mod lounge to get you guys a forum and it should be done soon for you all as you all deserve a forum and not a damn thread. Sad thing is Kris Cain cannot access his admin control panel so do not look at the fault as his for not getting anything done recently. If you want to harass someone to get it done as I'am doing in the mod lounge PM Feeble Minded and Emerge because they are the only admins I know of that get on...on a consistent basis that is. Which brings me to this next point...Crews are a very important aspect of any rapsite...anyone that's been to any other major rapsite knows that they have those crews that everyone wants to be in. RB has neglectfully disregarded crews and I'am on a mission here recently to revive the compassion of crews. Hence Forward is rebuiling their crew so that's great news. A.I. is just one of those crews that I've never honestly looked at....as a real crew. Sure they have the best battlers and whatnot...but what do they do as a crew? Nothing....I like to see a group of people that are organized and loyal to what they are doing. The Next Level is definately one of the better crews on RB as they cover all aspects that can be done in audio, text, and topical and they exceed in all areas as well. I won't mention IJL all I say is they are the oldest crew on RB to exist and the oldest rapbattle crew possibly on the internet to exist keeping in mind the fact that IJL existed before they came to RB and has NEVER died. RB may have seen a recent decline in talent but it will all come back together with time and that's how it's always been with any transition from the old to the new. Keep an eye on the up and coming heads of RB...but don't forget about the dope freshness the older heads have given and still give RB on a daily basis....keep up the good work everyone and keep your heads up.

Banned
    Battle Record
    24-0

Rotfl at "sucky thing to write about". Kaybori I see doesnt talk that much LOL..

NICE mag man, have more to read though, and wooot at being in top 10.

Banned
    Battle Record
    24-0

TIJOILHG%$LKJGKLH%$K "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!"

Oh my god! LMAOROTFL

Battle Record
    136-1

lol...my fucking cat in the background wouldn't shut the fuck up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Nice Mag man and word again i apologize for the confusion with the time and date. Holla.

-Thomas.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

will listen to the interview once i hooked my speakers up again but the mag was dope...Time deserves a record...for the while lol..Na all in all, this was a great read man. Stay up^.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    93-39
    Awards 75+ Wins

Dope mag. Rofl @ my mood is....shit i dont think i have one. Nice, i look forward to next weeks mag.

Empire

Banned
    Battle Record
    4-3

Me>everyone text wise na mean?Just getting my points high is gunna be a while.