User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Topical Battles Monthly Mag Vol. 1

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; May 3rd, 2007 at 03:26 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    136-1

Re: Topical Battles Monthly Mag Vol. 1

Introduction
    Words in Motion and Topical Battles

WELCOME...to the FIRST edition of the Topical Battles Magazine. We had a few problems in the past few weeks which really hurt both Topical Battles and Front Lines, but these problems should be all fixed so the championship matches will be starting back up next week...and keep doing what your doing people. I wanted to give much much props to the contenders for the Topical Battles title for only giving up one no show in the past 7 weeks of title matches...damn fine job people. In recent news Tim lost his title to CrosT Over in Week 19...thus ending the longest title streak in FL or TB history. Everyone make sure you keep votes flowing in all the battles and if your tired of seeing that battle remember you can always PM me for it to be closed if it's been open for one entire week. Not only that, if your bored...or just feel like it....battle it out with someone. If you come into any problem feel free to PM me or ab0ve to handle any situation that needs to be done. Also everyone make sure you keep your eyes on the Words in Motion tournament as it has high potential to be one of the greatest topical tournaments in the history of Rapbattles.com period. Keep shit rolling..and enjoy the rest of the mag fools.

Battle Record
    136-1

Topical Championship Battle Reviews

Week 17: Tim vs. Belligerant

Tim is continuing his rampage in this week against Belligerant...will B be able to stop Tim?? No....however, both dropped quite well. Tim came with emotion, an abstract approach to his topic, great metaphors, and overall an interesting read with only a few parts slacking in rhymescheme. Belligerant, however, dropped possibly the best I've seen him do in awhile if ever. But voters disliked it because of lack of creativity and the overall flow of the piece he dropped. Tim won this battle by majority vote and continued the longest title reign in FL topical battle history.
    Winner - Tim
    Battle Rating: 8/10

Week 18: Tim vs. Laureate

Tim continues his title reign into week 18 up against quite possibly one of the toughest opponents he has bumped into on this long trip holding the title. However, the overall ending of the battle left most of the voters disappointed in both individuals verses. Tim dropped good for the most part and no one can deny his creativity with how he approaches his topics, but he seemed to have a rhymescheme that was rushed...or so it seemed from reading it. Laureate would've had a better shot at winning this if he would've put more thought into his writing and made it longer. He didn't come with nothing as great as he can drop, Tim won this battle by majority vote and still...retains his title.
    Winner - Tim
    Battle Rating: 7/10

Week 19: Tim vs. CrosT Over

Last time these two battled it out they both had quite a good read, but also keep in mind...the last time they battled it out is when Tim started this enormous streak of title defenses (6 weeks now)...how did he fair this time? Crost seemed to put a bit more effort into his writing and his approach to the topic he chose. Tim seemed to slack at the beginning but towards the end the read definately got more interesting and detailed. In most of the voters opinions Crost had a better approach for his topic and won the title for better creativity and a better read. Tim's reign ends, CrosT wins the Topical title for the first time.
    Winner - CrosT Over
    Battle Rating: 7.5/10

Week 20: CrosT Over vs. Theory.

CrosT Over won his first title the week before and now he's up for his first title defense...and he WINS. Crost dropped a mostly poetic style verse that was lacking a bit in vocabulary but overall was a decent read....and the reason it was decent...is because Theory. no showed...Crost successfullly defends his title for the first time.
    Winner - CrosT Over
    Battle Rating: 2/10

Battle Record
    136-1

Topical Battles Power Rankings: Top 5
    Whose dominating Topical Battles??

Now this right here is a rather unique take on Front Lines from my point of view...these are the power rankings...much like in the N.F.L. I take the top 5 individuals from the Contendership rankings IN MY EYES...and rate them by my own rankings...soooooo...

5. Thomas
    Even though he has slowed down alot in his battling, most likely due to the recent crap that happened with the battle hacks in Front Lines and Topical Battles...Thomas still holds the 5 spot on the topical power rankings due to the fact that when he's active and when he's battling he is definately one of the freshest heads on RB. Thomas usually has a very creative approach to his topics, the only thing that usually holds him back is his inconsistency. Still I don't think he's suffered a single loss in a poll battle...and if he has...then it isn't much...keep an eye on him...if he starts back up like he used to he'll be right back at the top of the rankings again.

4. Laureate
    One of the few people that could've literally put up one of the greatest title matches against Tim, but sadly dropped the ball. Laureate finally hit the rankings recently and rightfully so he deserves to be on the top 5 topical battlers power rankings. Laureate is a very well established Poet and can shit solid or liquid on whomever his oppenent is. Either way...Laureate comes with emotion in most verses, and most definately hits topics well with great vocabulary and imagery. Keep an eyes on this guy because if he keeps up battling he'll be sitting at #1 or #2 in the power rankings by the next magazine all he needs to do is battle more.

3. Bezerk.
    Although he is just now getting to the contender area for the title. This guy has earned my #3 spot just for simply keeping topical battling alive with fresh drops on a consistent basis. Bezerk drops with emotion, but needs better work with rhymescheme and a bit more of a lock on the topics he writes about if he wishes to contend with the heavyweights of the topical arena...still....he could beat most of the Front Lines topical battlers without much of a problem...and if he actually pressed himself to try more...he'd take the 1 spot easy.

2. Tim
    Who can deny it...Tim is definately successful inside and outside of the Topical Battles forum. He is pretty much gauranteed another title shot for Week 21. Where he hopes to gain the title back from the man that beat him. A 2x Topical Battles champion and 6 straight successful title defenses you can bet your ass anyone that battles Tim has a good reason to no show or be scared of even battling the guy in the first place.

1. CrosT Over
    CrosT finally got a shot for the topical title in Week 19...and ended Tim's title reign...still I see him battling all around RB and the Topical Battles forum so I know he wants to keep that title by practicing up and keeping himself as good as possible and I really hope whoever battles him knows they have their hands quite full...matter of fact...CrosT drops without many flaws in what you read from em. CrosT can easily become one of the most dominant topical battlers in Rapbattles history....being the champ...and what I just stated...is why he sits at #1.

Battle Record
    136-1

Special Audio Interview:
    Laureate is interviewed by PostmorteM

Click Here for Link to Soundclick that holds these exclusive interviews!!

Battle Record
    136-1

Special Text Interview:
    Mr.Write

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the text interview portion of the first ever Topical Battles Magazine...here with me is Mr. Write

Mr.Write says:
    WOOT WOOT!...yessir

SmokaJoka666 says:
    alright...let's start this off by having you state your name...first and last

Mr.Write says:
    My name be James Cortez

SmokaJoka666 says:
    what race is that?

Mr.Write says:
    well my race is chamoru filipino, chamorru and african american a quarter of each

SmokaJoka666 says:
    interesting....alright

SmokaJoka666 says:
    how long have you been on RB

Mr.Write says:
    i joined back in the late 03' as menace then i left RB and came back in mid 04' as ill-literature then i left againa nd came back as assasiin and have quite a few changes since then....

SmokaJoka666 says:
    any specific accomplishments you've achieved during your term here on RB

Mr.Write says:
    3x FL Champion. 1x OMHOF. 1x PSHOF. Became apart of two great established crews IJL and PO'ETHICS. 1x Intricate Emotions Champ. i went 5-1 in LLL jr when aines was running it

SmokaJoka666 says:
    pretty good list of accomplishments

SmokaJoka666 says:
    so you used to battle text

SmokaJoka666 says:
    what made you turn to topical

Mr.Write says:
    i turned topical for the art of writing. i loved writing!. the rhythma nd creativity you had to execute

Mr.Write says:
    it is a fantastic feeling when one of your pieces could inspire such others with emotion you have put in

SmokaJoka666 says:
    who would you say your top 3 favorite topical or poetry writers on Rapbattles would be

Mr.Write says:
    can i just seperate 3 topical and 3 poetry?

SmokaJoka666 says:
    absolutely

Mr.Write says:
    3 topical heads, Bounce, Atticus, Nahlidge

Mr.Write says:
    3 poetry heads Atticus, Mindless, Poeta

SmokaJoka666 says:
    good choice of people...now I'm going to ask you your personal opinion on some writers...don't be shy to say you like them or not

Mr.Write says:
    ok

SmokaJoka666 says:
    let's start of with

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Kevin Brown

Mr.Write says:
    i like his writing...and concepts and ideas...but sometimes i think his words get too fancy for the topic but none the less a great writer....one who will be always remembered

SmokaJoka666 says:
    True Prophet

Mr.Write says:
    A Great WRITER...love his style...his own concepts....i would have said his name but poeta and mindless and atticus is just kinda all relative writers witht here such great styles but dude is ill...i love his own wording man.. i prop him til i leave RB. and i thank him for his advice he has left with me

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Nique.

Mr.Write says:
    She is a great great writer...like she has is said..an innovator...she has done more and has dropped so many times legendary status...her own thoughts and creative plain cant be fucked with..she is a artist in her prime and with her thoughts non stop should be one to always leave a mark when she drops

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Laureate

Mr.Write says:
    i think he is a great writer himself aswell...my fellow asian sex god.....lmfao. i cant really say much that hasnt been said yet i mean dude dropped his best recent poetry that was just magnificent...him just droppin ghis best now...show that potential takes time and make it be a lesson to all writers....you will not be dope in like 5 drops so dont get over cocky....but dud eis legendary aswell

SmokaJoka666 says:
    and last but not least

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Born To Kill

Mr.Write says:
    wow....is all i have to say i loved his recent drop in SS....the vegas one...that shi twas sick and ill man...his own htought process speaks faster than you can say WOW..cus he is just pure talent man..i like to look at myself as BTK...someone who loves to write and fucks around with text...lol. i aint AS GOOD AND I AINT EVEN CLOSE TO HIM...nor is my style but my persona on things and shit

Mr.Write says:
    i keep him in mind...dude is a legend ot me

SmokaJoka666 says:
    so what is it about your style of writing...or your approach to your topics that you think attracts readers...and what is it that you think you still need work on

Mr.Write says:
    my emotion and approach... people seemed to get sunked into my writings from all the emotion i put in and how i make readers feel like there in the story... my approach on how i use my metaphors and multies...but what i need work on is flow of things stsill and wording still...i mean people say i have elevated ALOT but i still like some basics here and there but i am full front to elevate

Mr.Write says:
    so thats my shit!

SmokaJoka666 says:
    good critique on yourself...alright...we gotta wind this down before it goes on too long

SmokaJoka666 says:
    I'm going to say random shit...and you say the first thing that pops up in your head

Mr.Write says:
    ok

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Big hairy balls

Mr.Write says:
    MINE

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Small hairy cock

Mr.Write says:
    yours

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Po Ethics

Mr.Write says:
    CREATIVE TEAM

SmokaJoka666 says:
    B.Nesse

Mr.Write says:
    lover

SmokaJoka666 says:
    SmokerJoker

Mr.Write says:
    my husband

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Theory.

Mr.Write says:
    GAY since he gave his account to synonym

SmokaJoka666 says:
    Tim

Mr.Write says:
    real cool mellow and should make me mod

SmokaJoka666 says:
    dopefresh...that's it

Mr.Write says:
    word!

Mr.Write says:
    holla like loaded lux

SmokaJoka666 says:
    any last thing you want to say to anyone or anything before we go

Mr.Write says:
    i wanna say thanks to those who have been helping me elevate....especially to my family po'ethics mindless, sharp, esco, luke, fiasco, att, AI members poeta, philly, nahlidge all the OG's from 03 til now stay up all the writers...much love. IJL for starting me off in the majors!

Mr.Write says:
    laureate for teaching me ways and smoka for giving me opportunity's. um..the witness and DAT...my homie right there...much love and props tp ya!....

Mr.Write says:
    oh wait one more paragraph

Mr.Write says:
    wanna thank KB and TIM for keep SS good. FUCK HATERS ALONG WITH ZELPH AND GESTURES. and umm.....much love Pz and be safe RB. thanks for helping me elevate my writing!

Mr.Write says:
    if i didnt mention your name sorry

SmokaJoka666 says:
    peace out Topical Battles

Mr.Write says:
    Pz

Battle Record
    136-1

Final Thoughts

Well it's quite obvious RB is growing larger and larger....ABL, SAP, LLL, SS, IE, and every other league in existence brings alot of kats to this board. And yes...I lost my LLL Season Champ much...to those of you who are gay enough to bring it up...keep in mind I got there..you didn't and most likely haven't and never will. I will say congratulations to Born To Kill once again....and the only reason I didn't feel your verse honestly is because I thought the personals against me were....well...old. But...who wants SmokaJoka...possibly one of the most hated or loved to champ a league? me...lol. Also...I recently got a PM from Gestures where he wanted to report me for closing a battle he was being a fucking idiot in...for some reason I guess he thinks he can threaten me by telling me Feeble said he hates me, Emerge said I'm annoying, and Kris can't stand me. Well...I pretty much already know this...lol...so stating the obvious and thinking reporting me to an admin that may dislike me...well..what I'm getting to is...they won't change thir mind because I made a fair decision. I don't give admins a hard time unless stupid shit happens...and I know I have a problem with keeping my thoughts to myself...but fuck it....it's the internet...I'll say whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want...and if you don't like it..then cool. I bring up anything about an admin outside of the mod lounge...and well in all honesty Feeble is a douche...we've never liked each other, but your welcome for me writing your Legends thread you Jew. Also...Bounce was inducted into Legends...so everyone read up on those...they give very interesting points of view for the Legendary Members on Rapbattles. The NFL Draft was cool...your team sucks...however, the Falcons made some pretty good picks...now I'm hoping they get ahold of Keyshawn Johnson so they can stomp a new butthole in someone's ass. Let's see...what else is there....Join ABL & SAP....keep an eye on Words in Motion tourney...oh yeah...once again...I repeat Known As Dope II will start next week....keep Topical Battles active with whatever the fuck you want. Annnnndddddd....I think that's it.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Fucking dope man, i liked the way you have described me in the rankings ...And don't worry ima get back into battling i have just slowed down because of my exams and shit.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Soule

Dope, I'm trying to get back into the Rankage.

Battle Record
    136-1

appreciate it Thomas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You are the selfish one! CrosT Over's Avatar
    Battle Record
    46-10

Nice Mag , When Is The Next Battle Coming, For The Championship
    I EMBRACED THE DARK SIDE WHEN YOU STOLE MY SON

Battle Record
    136-1

Monday izzle...get ready for Timothy...cuz he's got another shot coming up

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

I wanna contend but nobody accepts call-outs haha.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Battle Record
    136-1

I expected the activity to really drop after I found out nobody could even setup battles...then strobe supposedly fixed it a couple days ago...but I still got reports of it..so I got strobe to try again to see what's wrong...and iono if it's been fixed by now or not

You are the selfish one! CrosT Over's Avatar
    Battle Record
    46-10

Quote Originally Posted by CrosT Over View Post
    Nice Mag , When Is The Next Battle Coming, For The Championship
    Got a quick question for ya, how come when i lost to tim i lost all my points but when i beat him he kept his, same with theory? not complainin for i would like to battle tim again he is always good competition, just wonderin?
    I EMBRACED THE DARK SIDE WHEN YOU STOLE MY SON