User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 442

Thread: Season 7 Pre-Season Mini-Mag - The Battlers

Battle Record
    37-10
    Awards LLL HOF 25+ Wins

Season 7 Pre-Season Mini-Mag - The Battlers

Yo Philly, sticky this when you're online, thanks. Also, anyone who wants to write more for the mini-mag, feel free to talk to Philly and maybe add more sections.

This is just based on my impression of the battlers, so don't catch feelings if I didn't give you props, you obviously didn't have enough of a presence while I was around.

I only talk about the battlers on the official roster.

The Battlers

SmokaJoka - An old-time battler, Smoka recently returned to text and did well in the previous season, losing only to Born to Kill in the season championship. He's the dude who will always do quite well, but has so far not been able to achieve the highest level in texting. Maybe this season. He should make it to playoffs, probably as a medium-level seed.

Quotient - This guy's somewhat before my time, but the fact that I've heard of him despite that, shows that he was a respected head back in the day. Some say he has trouble showing, some say he hasn't got it anymore, but I think with a bit of effort, anyone who was once good, can be good, or great, again. Wild card for playoffs.

Vaskez - Well most of you know me, this'll be my 4th season in LLL. Season 5 saw me at my best, losing only 3 matches all season and losing finally in the semi-finals to Com, who went on to win it. Did well in Season 6 with lessened competition, going 10-0 in regular season, then went out with a below-par verse in the first round of playoffs. Everyone's agreed my style's been hit and miss. I can write dope, but will often not. Will I be back to season 5 form, or not? I haven't decided yet

Chrit - The dude who's probably been around the longest. Everyone knows he can write when he wants to, despite his claims of being more of a fighter. Chrit's main problem will be motivation - as he has a recent history of no-showing and not caring in LLL. However, he has recently been showing and writing well in Known As Dope II. He is also yet to win a Season in LLL, but he has the ability. As I said though, ability is nothing without motivation, so it's up to the man himself how well he will do.

Alphabetized - A recent upgradee head from LLL Jr. who I've faced before. He's not bad, having won the LLL Jr. Championship last season. Got some nice lines and will do some damage if slept on. However, he won't beat the top heads in the league yet. I see him doing relatively well though, possibly making it to playoffs. He'll prob. be in the fight-off for the last few playoff places.

Rival - Another Jr. head, recently been making a bit of a name for himself in Known As Dope II (currently in the quarters) - he's getting his concepts on point, and has some nice lines but as most semi-new guys, struggles with wording sometimes. He's in the stage where his ego is bigger than his writing skill, but I'm sure he'll improve as the season goes on. A maybe for playoffs.

Emanate - One of the top Jr. heads last season, he was promoted then too. He's got the idea of text battling at the higher levels and now needs to work on consistency. I see him making it to playoffs, but will not beat the top heads.

Cry - Cry's the best known middle-ground dude. You can't call him a rookie, you can't quite call him a vet. He's written some great lines, but writes so much he's often bled dry. His consistency often lets him down. If he focused on one league and channeled that creativity he could do well. He should get to playoffs with a low to medium seeding.

-Coop- - Honestly, I hadn't heard of this cat, so I had to do some searching. Looks like he was in the LLL Jr. season champ match, losing to Alphabetized. However, the dude seems to have got the hang of battling and has some good lines. Another elevator, if he keeps his ego in check and learns from the best, he will go far. Possible low seeding in playoffs.

Seyance - Haven't seen Seyance battle really, he's been around for a while, but hasn't battled much recently, outside of 1-2. I'm guessing he'll be rusty, but based on some 1-2 punches, cats got that raw wit. So I'ma say, give him a few weeks to get warmed up then he could cause some damage. Possible low-medium seed in playoffs.

Dao - Another aight head, haven't read too much from him, but as with a lot of other cats, he's got the idea behind good text, just needs to work on wording and consistency. He got to playoffs last season, but of course that had less competition than this one. A maybe for playoffs.

Philly® - Philly came up to LLL a little after me, so I've seen his skills develop. Back then he knew nothing about wording shit right, but last season he improved a lot and has come to be one of the better heads. His wording still lets him down on some lines, so all he needs to do is improve his consistency and he should reach playoffs at least as a medium-level seed.

Ancel - Ancel's been around a while and can write good when he wants to. He can beat at least half of the league, but will struggle with the top half. But he can definitely step it up somewhat when he needs to, and has the concepts, just needs to work on wording. Prediction: gets to playoffs as a low seed.

...?... - Another non-rookie non-vet, ? also improved a lot last season. He's now at the stage of having some dope lines, but unfortunately mixed in with some below-par lines. He struggles with consistency on longer verses. If he could just get some more of his dope stuff per verse he could finish in the top 10.

Meks - Meks's always seemed more of an audio head to me. Probably one of the best rhymers in the league, but often words his punches wierd to me. He's been around for a long time and has the experience, just needs to focus on his wording. He should make it to playoffs either way, but probably among the lower seeds.

Record. - Record did well a couple of seasons ago in LLL Jr. and finishing runner-up. Haven't really seen too much of him since though. He's probably a bit rusty and wasn't up to LLL standard before. However, he definitely has potential, and has got the idea behind good text, so just needs to learn a bit more and use this season to elevate. A maybe for playoffs.

Slut - To be honest haven't seen too much of this guy. He's mostly been in LLL Jr. and no showed quite a lot. What I have read, was kinda basic. He's aight, but not quite LLL standard yet, elevation season for him, if he even sticks around.

LG. - Another middle-ground head, been around for a season or 2, knows what he's doing and how to write good lines. Yet to beat any major competition though.Had a good record last season, but I think he signed out before playoffs. With the level of competition this season he might get squeezed out of playoffs with all the heads battling for the last few spots, unless he really tries.

Heychoo - The kid with the attitude, Heychoo/Wireless knows what text is about, but hasn't reached that top level yet. Keeps saying he'll quit, so dunno if he'll stick around for playoffs. He did alright last season, so I see him doing it again if he sticks around, but the competition is tougher this season. He should make it to playoffs as a lower seed.

Red Hooks - Had his first LLL foray last season, and didn't do amazingly well. Dude's got the basics of battling down, he's ready to start learning from LLL and he can write some nice lines but I don't see him doing any major damage yet. Maybe next season. As for this season, he's a maybe for a low-seeding in playoffs.

Pro. - Pro's also been around a little while, as Vlad and a few other names. He's also at that middle ground, knows how to write some funny shit but needs to work on his wording and consistency. He can beat a lot of heads on a good day, but not the top heads. Again, should make it to playoffs with a low-medium seeding.

Automatic - Auto was the rookie that came out of nowhere to get to the LLL season 5 finals. However, it was more a case of dropping the right lines at the right time, rather than all-round consistent dopeness. Auto tends to be sloppy alot of the time, rhyming lazily with 1 syllable and not polishing up his verse, but you can't dispute that he has raw talent. He often has some dope lines mixed with sub-par stuff. If he focuses he could finish in the top 6-4, or even better this season.

$pitacular - Well you all know this guy, Season 3 winner, and not many can beat him at his best. He went out early in the playoffs last season, due to a no-show, so who knows what would have happened? Spit's got some of the best wording in text, his only downfall is that he often thinks he can make old concepts better, which often works, but will sometimes cause his shit to look played. Prediction: he'll definitely make it to playoffs as a higher seed, but might lack the motivation to win the whole thing due to focusing more on things other than text.

Feeble Minded - Another RB legend, everyone knows Feeble, your friendly text admin. Mad creative, and sometimes too creative for his own good, as heads won't get or feel some of his lines. But he can word almost anything into a diss. Still hasn't won an LLL season, but I think he is only in this because school's out. If the season finishes before he goes back to uni, Feeble could win it, otherwise I see him disappearing again half-way through.

Com - Com's also been here for as long as I can remember. The dude known for getting those multies in all of his lines, and for his crisp wording. Com can hang with the best when he's at his peak, and proved it by winning Season 5. However, he's had a long break and is mad rusty right now, so his speed at shaking rust off will determine his success this season. If he sticks around he'll definitley make it to playoffs as a higher seed.

John Hensley - Surprisingly, the only "non-native-to-RB" battler currently on the roster. John's had success, if not champed most major text leagues on the net, so if he devoted his time to this one, he could do it here too. His style is pretty much transferrable, while some heads are only good on one board, John has that adaptable style that can be good anywhere. However, I see him losing interest, or spreading himself too thin between boards, and he might not even stick around long enough to get to the playoffs.

Battle Record
    9-7

Re: Season 7 Pre-Season Mini-Mag - The Battlers

This is dope mang. And all the bios seem pretty fair/accurate

Battle Record
    37-10
    Awards LLL HOF 25+ Wins

thanks mang, yeah tried to give a balanced overview, not like this dude is all wack and that dude is all dope

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Preseason Power Ranks:

10. Meks
    An audio head that has had recent success in text. Currently doing well in KAD. His downfall comes in wording. Otherwise dude has decent wit and a good rhyme scheme.

9. Philly
    An audio head that texts regularly??? Odd that both him and Meks do this. Either way, Philly has some nice concepts and solid wording. His rhyme scheme is suspect though... especially from an audio head.

8. Smoka
    From what I've seen, Smoka has come decent lately. Unfortunately his material is dropping my jaw at all. The voters seem to like his style however... although I see that possibly being a problem as the older heads vote. His success hinges on how the elite battlers feel his style.

7. Auto
    Kid was a beast in his first LLL season. Since then, he no shows and comes weaker than he should. If Auto takes this seriously, he should be a solid member of the league.

6. Vaskez
    Seems like every 4th verse from Vas is dope. The problem is the 3 mediocre verses between those. His success will hinge on motivation and matchmaking.

5. Chrit
    Will I show? Will I care? I really don't know. If those answers both become a yes, you all are in big, BIG trouble.

4. COM
    Another former LLL champ. He seems like he is going to put forth some effort. It always takes awhile for COM to find his groove... but when he does, not many can beat him.

3. Feeble Minded
    Not what he used to be. I still wonder if this really is Kyle. Regardless, he is still pretty good. Solid wording will keep him with a nice record.

2. $pitacular
    Dude is a beast. Former LLL winner. If he shows, not many will have even a chance of beating him.

1. John Hensley
    Hens has won pretty well every decent league around EXCEPT this one. If he shows consistently he will be at the top of the heap.

Have an issue with where I have you? Then prove yourself motherfucker.

That is all.
    Last edited by Chrit.; June 3rd, 2007 at 01:22 PM
    AI

Battle Record
    37-10
    Awards LLL HOF 25+ Wins

yeah pretty much agreed there man ^

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Thought I may as well contribute something.
    AI

Battle Record
    31-2

last season I beat Philly and Meks out of the playoffs

Battle Record
    37-10
    Awards LLL HOF 25+ Wins

word, thanks.

Battle Record
    9-7

nice power rankings by chrit too...

Battle Record
    41-13

Quote Originally Posted by Dao View Post
    last season I beat Philly and Meks out of the playoffs
    See the last part of my post = )
    AI

Battle Record
    31-2

word.

Battle Record
    41-13

Now if only a couple other people contribute something... this would be a gangster preseason mag!
    AI

Battle Record
    31-2

I want to battle Chrit first week of LLL regular season

Battle Record
    31-2

what else could be added? There's no punches or battles to review..

Battle Record
    41-13

Quote Originally Posted by Dao View Post
    I want to battle Chrit first week of LLL regular season
    No, you really don't.

Although it would pry be best for you. Battle me before I even know who you are
    AI