User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Topical Battles Monthly Mag Vol. 2

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; June 20th, 2007 at 06:30 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Re: Topical Battles Monthly Mag Vol. 2

Topical Battles Monthly Mag Volume 2.

Welcome to the second addition of the monthly mag, first off this is pretty much covering a month and half, but yeh we have had some dope topical battles this month and the title has changed hands a numerous amount of times being it Tim’s at the start after the first monthly mag to him forfeiting the title the very next week due to lack of time after winning SS. Then, Baron became a 6 time RBFL topical champion and took the title into his first defense were I changed hands for the third time with a very poetical yet dope verse from Laureate, giving him his first Title. His first defense didn’t go smoothly, it mirrored Baron’s as he lost it to Bezerk in his first week as the reigning champion as Bezerk wouldn’t allow him the extension he should have been given and therefore dropped not to the best of his ability resulting in a loss for Laureate.
    Keep battling in here guys and voting regularly so the championship battlers change almost every week, the last thing…Enjoy the Mag fools.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Topical Championship Battle Reviews.

Week 21 : Tim vs Crost Over.

The rematch in the first meeting I fancied Crost as a dark horse because of the recent victory he had over Tim in SS and I was right as Crost took the title…would it be the same this time? It wasn’t Crost dropped a good verse but Tim came harder than he did in the previous battle to snatch the Title back from Crost. Would Tim go on to next week to recover the form which took him to the longest streak in topical Battles History.
    Winner – Tim
    Battle Rating – 6/10

Week 22 : Tim vs Laureate

The first bout between this pair and it was a surprise to me and others when Laureate didn’t show, after the anticipation for this to be a good battle
    Winner – Tim
    Battle Rating – 1/10

Week 23 : Tim vs Baron

Always a hot prospect for a championship battle however it turned out to be quite the opposite in which not a battle verse was dropped as Tim who had just won SS and had a lot of things on his plate forfeited the title ending his reign and giving Baron the title.
    Winner – Baron
    Battle Rating 2/10

Week 24 : Baron vs Laureate

This was the first meeting between this pair and Baron as hoping to notch a win in his first title defense, and a question asked by a few was would Laureate show this time? Well he did, Baron dropped a very good verse as usual and Laureate spared no expense and put everything into the piece blowing the battle out the water giving him the win and stopping Baron in his first title defense.
    Winner – Laureate
    Battle Rating – 9/10

Week 25 : Laureate vs Bezerk

Bezerk who had been slowly working his way up the rankings finally got his shot again at the title. As the drop date got nearer it didn’t look like much was going to happen as Bezerk showed there was no sign of Laureate yet he showed with little of the time limit remaining and asked Bezerk to give him an extension, Bezerk with the title in mind denied him the extension and gave him an hour to write his verse, dropping only as well as he could in one hour Laureate didn’t have enough in the tank to retain the title thus giving Bezerk the win.
    Winner – Bezerk
    Battle Rating – 6/10
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Topical Power Rankings.
    Who is Dominating Topical Battles..?

5. Tim

Had to forfeit the title to Baron in week 23 and since then hasn’t battled thus making him slide down the rankings to the number 5 spot. Tim is still a dominant force in the rankings and is very much not one to mess with, with his strong and destructive verses. The things he incorporates into his pieces stunt his opponents and leaves them for dust.

4. Thomas

A Topical head who was coming up the rankings and has previously been a champion. Last month this writer was struggling with consistency but recently seems to have shook that off with a number of 4 straight victories, one in which believing to be my finest victory against a very great writer. Thomas’ imagination is far stretched as he incorporates great amount of imagery and emotion into his pieces, one to watch in the championship battles.

3. Baron P. Mortuus

Back in the power rankings this month as last month he wasn’t and since then has won a 6th RBFL topical title. Baron’s style is always descriptive and very creative and with most of his opponents they usually have one thing in common, and that’s they all lose. His verses are usually unforgiving and usually give his opponents no room to falter. Baron will definitely be a usual in the championship battles here in the topical forum.

2. Laureate

At number 2 this month, due to his current battle with Bezerk. Laureate should be at number one in my eyes but wasn’t granted an extension, Laureate is more poetry than topical but can just as easy pull a dope verse outta the hat to kill an opponent. His powerful Vocabulary and emotional pieces make his style really dope and usually it gives him the win through the raw and uniqueness of his pieces.

1. Bezerk

Yes its Bezerk this week after his currect success in the Championship battle. Bezerk has taken his time in rising up the topical ranks and finally this past week got his shot at the title. After dropping a pretty decent verse he did enough to walk away the winner. Bezerk has his own rather unique style and is elevating quite quickly, he is one for the future no doubt.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Special Text Interview with : Kaotic Theory.

Thomas : Welcome ladies and gents to the second edition of the monthly mag. This month’s interview is with RB member Kaotic Theory…

KT : Thanks for having me Thomas.

Thomas : Lets start by having your first and last name…

KT : Thomas Strong

Thomas : And from where do you reign ?

KT : The Centrel Valley of Fresno, California

Thomas : Interesting.

Thomas : When did you first join RB KT ?

KT : I believe that would be January of 2004

Thomas : Ok and are there any certain accomplishments your particularly proud of ?

KT : Actually 1 pshof that I collabed on with Bloomquist who’s very talented and recently worked with Nahlidge on a topical collab which was cool…I’ve also been successful on another site, recieveing 17 HOF’s

Thomas : Wow 17 HOF’s is very impressive…

Thomas : So I see you text battle did you text battle before you topical battled ?

KT : yes but I lost interest and started writing poetry

Thomas : so what intrigued you about poetry and topical writing ?

KT : the beautiful story's you can release through them in your own word's and imagination, and the message you can deliver in other's, but in all honesty i just ventured off into the ps forum one day and read a few pieces and just fell in love with poetry.

Thomas : Who are your 3 most favourite RB writers ?

KT : new or old?

Thomas : Any you like…?

KT : Johnny 6 feet, Maven , the witness..........but i'd say you and baron.p are also on the rise

KT : there's many more though...oldie's like bounce, Chris black, Mag, ace of aces was good also

Thomas : Ok. Thankyou.

Thomas : Who do you think is the best upcoming writer on RB ?

KT : Baron P. He’s already good but I’m talking great.

Thomas : Hmm, I would say that was a very good choice…

Thomas : I’m going to list 3 heads and I want you to tell me what you think of them...

KT : Ok.

Thomas : Dat.

KT : up and coming star of the poetic scriptures forum, he is a consistent witer, and is mature also, has never had a problem with delivering good accurate feedback to help other's either, and watch out for him in the intricate emotion's league

Thomas : Belligerant

KT : writing wise? he can do a good job , but every few pieces he fall's off a bit with a sloppy not so interesting piece, however he can be a great writer also if he chooses to take other's advice and elevate

Thomas : And finally Laureate

KT : An Excellent writer topical and especially poetry, has been a member of PsHof many and many of times and after a few years still manages to remain active and drop nice almost everytime, is always willing to collab, drop pieces, and participate consistently in league not mentioning that he's modding ie poetry league and has kept poetry popular in it's own form at rb, also a great fellow member of IJL and leader and it's always fun to read his work's.

Thomas : So what is your style of writing…? What do you aim to achieve when you write a piece ?

KT : i mainly write for the love of poetry, however if i can get the reader to be like wow i can relate to this or wow this piece touched me or wow period you know then im happy dude but i mainly write for my self

Thomas : ok we have come to the part of the interview that Smoka perfected where i say something random and you say the first thing that comes into your head ok

KT : lol i think...let's do it

Thomas : A.I

KT : Legendary

Thomas : Small Hairy Balls
    KT : lol

Thomas : Thomas

KT : Underrated

Thomas : Dude

KT : Sweet

Thomas : Gay

KT : Stay Away

Thomas :Gestures

KT : Banned

Thomas : And finally Written Voices.

KT : A Great collection of Writer’s

Thomas : Ok, well that concludes that part of the interview

KT : yay

Thomas : Is there any final words you would like to add…anything you would like to direct something towards or anything at all ?

KT : yes, no and yes

Thomas : go ahead…

KT : shout out to every writer that write's because it's a passion and doesn't just write to get in hof every month i mean yeah it's cool but ain’t important, and you aren't true to writing as you pretend to the other's that write for the right reason's then keep doing what your doing and let's keep open mic's and especially poetic scripture's active....and thank's thomas for conducting this interview

Thomas : That’s quite alright and on behalf of RB I say thankyou and goodnight.

KT : *Dreams of Thomas eating cottage cheese whilst in sponge bob’s shorts.*

Thomas : lol good dream. Peace man.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Final Thoughts.

Well in the past month the topical forum has become more active hosting crew battles and regular battles. The voting however in this forum has hindered its existence yet it remains to soldier on. I myself would like to say congratulations to everyone who will be chosen in the RB awards 06/07 and that they were well deserved, I would also like to say Well done for to Tim for winning SS and Born To Kill for Winning LLL…and number of people being inducted into Legends. The site has come leaps and bounds since I started in 2005 and its kept going mainly through the dedication of some mod’s like SmokaJoka who has a been a shining moderator throughout the year. The known of Dope was successfully fought for and won by Blue Bayou who should be congratulated for that and winning the 1-2 punch. Overall lets see how the site goes about the next month and lets see how many times the title shall change hands this time, with hopefully some very dope battles in the mix also. I’ll be back with volume 3 next month. Thankyou.

Thomas.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Dope Mag, I have outdone myself. lol
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Soule

Dope mag, but take this into mind. I'll become champ by the end of 2007.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

good job...I'll read what you wrote later on and reply back with a more detailed response

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

wow nikka never even mentioned my name wow...thanks KT

nice mag..lmfao
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Good job on the mag.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Nice mag.

1XRBFL Topical Champ

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerant View Post
    Dope mag, but take this into mind. I'll become champ by the end of 2007.
    lmao the end of 2007 why not now

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins

P.S tim is back

Ugh oh.

1XRBFL Topical Champ