User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Topical Battles Monthly Mag Vol. 3

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins
    Last edited by Messiah.; July 22nd, 2007 at 07:10 AM
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Re: Topical Battles Monthly Mag Vol. 3

Introduction.

We've had abit of a rocket buster ride this month in the topicals forum from the title changing hands a number of times to us losing one championship battle, the new appointments of mods and finally a lack of voting towards the end of the month. Bezerk lead us into the month as the reigning topical champion and losing the title in his very first week of his defense to the one and only Baron P Mortuus, a former 7 times champion of the topicals forum as he proved to be to much competition for Bezerk. This month saw the return of Tim to the rankings and he was back to say something and hopefully get back on form and make himself an 11 time champion of the forum. How would he fair against Baron P. Mortuus in Baron's first defense, he would unfortunately be beaten(view the battle review). After this battle the forum saw Baron withdraw from the rankings as a 9 time champion to take some time off and left the title up for grabs. The title match next week became a triple threat match between Laureate, Thomas and Bezerk and this turned out to be a good battle with all 3 battlers showing...who would win?...Read the Mag.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Topical Championship Battles Reviews.

Week 26 : Bezerk vs Baron P. Mortuus.

Bezerk's first title defense a champion, could he retain the title ?..Bezzerk drops a solid piece with plenty of emotion but Baron shows up after a few week out of the championship battles and drops a great piece beating Bezerk's all ends up.
    Winner - Baron P. Mortuus
    Battle Rating 8/10

Week 27 : Baron P Mortuus vs Tim

With Baron back into the swing of things and Tim's return to the rankings raring to go this battle was well anticipated. Baron dropped first with a very good and respectable piece that potentially could win many battles hands down. However, Tim unfortunately got the timing wrong and ended up no showing because he thought it was due the following week.
    Winner - Baron P. Mortuus
    Battle Rating 2/10

Week 28 : Laureate vs Thomas vs Bezerk

3 Good contendors in one battle, this looked to be a good battle. A plus side to this battle was all 3 battlers showed with above average pieces and quickly each battler got a vote and the score stood at 1-1-1. As the voting date got closer this battle seemed to get closer as it seemed tough to choose a winner, but in the end Thomas just edged out his oponents and took the title with a 3-1-1 victory to become a 2 time champion. But could he retain his title.
    Winner - Thomas
    Battle Rating 8/10
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Topical Power Rankings
    Who is Dominating Topical Battles?

5. Tim

Tim stays at the number 5 spot this month. He returned to the rankings around 2 weeks ago and in his first title bout unfortunately no-showed against Baron P Mortuus, Tim is still in the top 5 because he is a potential harm to all opponents, because usually if he tries, then your in trouble.

4. Bezerk

Bezerk this month has slipped from number 1 to number 4, he has proved he is becoming a decent head in the forum and sincve losing the title to Baron has slid a little bit downhill and lost in last weeks battle. Still one to watch in the future because he will keep battling it out and i garuntee he will be battling for the title again. Soon.

3. Laureate

Laureate slips one place this month, Laureate will always be there or there about as he always shows his opponents he has skill and hardly gives them any room to faulter. Although he too lost last week i garuntee on this aswell that Laureate will definately be a champion once again.

2. Baron P. Mortuus

His devasting verse against Bezerk and his no-show win against Tim takes him to number 2 this month, he constantly drops dopeness in this forum in all chmpionships battles and normal battles beating all competition. He is most definately going to make himself a 10 time champion in the near future.

1. Thomas

From number 4 last month he hits the number 1 spot because last week he finally got his chance in the championship battle and took that chance to make himself a 2 time champion of the forum, Thomas has tried many different styles in his pieces this month and when he finds the right one, i can promise you he will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Special Text Interview with :

Thomas : Welcome ladies and Gents to the thirs monthly magazine, I am Thomas of course and this months interview is with RB member Poeta Demonio.

Thomas : ready...

Poeta : Sure.

Thomas : Lets start by having your first and last name.

Poeta : Poeta Demonio will be my name in 3 weeks time.

Thomas : Ok.

Thomas : Where do you live ?

Poeta : Coventry, England.

Thomas : Cool cool.

Thomas : When did you first join Rb Poeta?

Poeta : That would be around 04 i think.

Thomas : And do you have any accomplishments that you are particularly proud of ?

Poeta : Well, not really from rb, i mean yeah, HoF's are cool... i have like 19 of them racked up, but mainly i'm proud of my publishments... plus every time i've made someone either smile, or cry with a piece of poetry... THAT is what i write for. not to have someone tell me i'm intelligent, or i'm good, because quite frankly i couldn't give a fuck. if i can touch one person with ym poetry, my job is complete.

Thomas : 19 HOF's is impressive but good answer.

Thomas : Have you always done topical or poetry or have you dabbled in text ?

Poeta : Haha, yeah, i started out as text, *ashamed*... then moved to topical, got some respect there, but something was missing, i just didn't feel like it was my niche, so i took to the one thing i've always known, poetry.

Thomas : Very good.

Thomas : Who are your 3 most favourtie RB Writers ?

Poeta : Ok, LegendZ, Mindless and probably Esco

Thomas : Good choice, i would have to say LegendZ is my favourite writer on RB.

Poeta : No your suppose to say i am lol j/p

Thomas : who do you think is the best upcoming poet on RB ?

Poeta : Man, i can't really answer that one, because their as so many diverse styles and so many up and comers that it is just impossible for me to give a precise answer for that one.

Thomas : ok ok thats fine

Thomas : Im going to list 3 heads and you tell me what you think about them ok ?.

Poeta : Sure.

Thomas : Soulstice

Poeta : Damn good writer, but i dont think he's reached his full self yet, i just dont think he's come into himself as a writer yet, he needs to find his identity

Thomas : ok ok ...Camrac

Poeta : Personally i'm not a fan of his style, but i can't denie his talent, he actually is one of the most polished writers around rb, and this is evident from his consistancy in topicals

Thomas : ok good good...and finally myself

Poeta : Lol, you have alot of potential, but you really do need work on actually writing for a seperate cause, it's like you write for the appreciation of others, but one day you'll write a piece, and not give a fuck, you'll just write from the soul... and that is when you can call yourself a poet.

Thomas : thanks for the advise

Thomas : I am going to say a word and i want the first thing that comes into your head ok ?

Poeta : Sure

Thomas : Salty

Poeta : Ass rings

Thomas : Belligerant

Poeta : Was born in a test tube

Thomas : Ring

Poeta : A ring of roses

Thomas : Small Hairy

Poeta : Vagina

Thomas : Bounces Ass

Poeta : Something i never want to see.

Thomas : Ok thankyou, obviously you know about Wordz, and how he bit every piece he ever written, is there anything you would like to say about that ?

Poeta : Waste of time. It actually makes me laugh that he got away with away with it for so long though

Thomas : ok and finally is there anything else you would like to say...? Anything to anyone or anything about the site you would like to voice your opinion about ?

Poeta : Okay, this is to every one... Lets quit being ignorant around here, when you look at a piece of writing, take down the standards that you have been taught through rb, school, or whatever, i look around and see nothing but lies, even love poetry is wrote by people that show no passion in their writing, except for a whole load of fantasy... about how good love is, and how magical it's been "through all these years" blah please... tell the truth in your writing, love has its flaws as humans feel it, humans ARE flawed... therfore so is our relationships... when writing a political piece, write about what you KNOW, not what the tv tells you that you should know...that IS NOT what writing is about. Do not write to make a woman happy then turn around and tell me your a poet, shit no your not... you're trying to get some pussy, nothing wrong with that, but why call it anything else than date rape. Last thing, when it comes to things like judgment without actually paying attention to the content of pieces, why even feed?... why even spend that 5mins feeding if you have no clue what you're talking about? we as writers need to take the time to actually respect the art, and repect the artists which freely give up their time to write for YOU. and that's word.

Thomas : ok on behalf of Rb thankyou for your time Poeta and that concludes our interview.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Final Thoughts.

Ok, thanks for reading the mag guys, i hope you liked it. This month on the site saw new mods, and i dont mean a few, i mean alot of new mods to help the site run alot more smoothly. We have also seen more dope battles within this forum and around the site and i hope that in the next month the battles get doper and the competition in the forum is alot stronger. There have been some flaws that need tweaking and one of them is voting. The lack of voting are causing battles to just sit and wither, what we need is for people who get votes on their battles to return the favour when asked. Other than that i'll be back next month with Volume 4. Peace.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

And Finished.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Battle Record
    35-27

nice mag

Distinct Advantage
    MIXTAPE IS OUT NOW
    [SOUNDCLICK]8054116[/SOUNDCLICK]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Thanks man, i did all this today in about 2 hours lol, even the interview.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Dopey,
    Shieettt, Thomas is growing up

1XRBFL Topical Champ

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Good mag man,enjoyable and positive read.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Quote Originally Posted by Bezerk. View Post
    Dopey,
    Shieettt, Thomas is growing up
    What you mean i'm growing up ? lol...

Thanks Baron.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    5-5

dope mag, eh maybe i'll make the power rankings next time, but nice shitI felt some shit could've been active but you said you did this in 2 hours so props on that lol

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0

Word...Poeta enjoyed the interview lol.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

Interview me next time son!

and yo, make this a weekly thing.....because someone could be top of the rankings one week, and then slip down the next week...and it's only fair to give them their share of light.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame