User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: My shit seems fukd up wut yall think...

You've Earned a Custom Title!

My shit seems fukd up wut yall think...

I got my kiwi first. Then my fireface400, and to be honest I thought I would get better results than I did with this combo. Anyways, my robbie came in a month or so ago, and I was pretty impressed but... It wasn't GREAT and I had to turn up the gain about 50% to get the levels I wanted. Now... Out of nowhere, the robbie seems like it's xtra sensitive. I turn the gain up to like 10% and it's way more than loud enough, and 50% is just crazy loud. BUT, the shit is all the sudden alot more clear... So I don't know if I should be bitchin or be happy. I mean now it just picks up a much more clear/colorful sound like I thought it would in the first place(so far)... Maybe it had to get broken in or some shit?? I don't know if I should cal blue or RME about this problem... If it is a problem... Leme know wusup if I missed out any details you need to help lemme know.
    Good looks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: My shit seems fukd up wut yall think...

neither is a problem... the tube has just broken in.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

tru tru. so how do they do there frequency/quality test on the pre amp at blue if the tube isn't even broken in?

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by JayFro407 View Post
    tru tru. so how do they do there frequency/quality test on the pre amp at blue if the tube isn't even broken in?
    they dont do quality/frequncy tests.

they test the quality of the tube.
    as in how reliable it is, making sure it wont fizz out anytime soon. They test the frequency of the microphones to track they're pick up patterns frequencys.

and honestly, i think you need to look more toward your mixing skills if you can't get a great sound out of that combo of gear. Its a real good signal chain.
    Welcome to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    they dont do quality/frequncy tests.

they test the quality of the tube.
    as in how reliable it is, making sure it wont fizz out anytime soon. They test the frequency of the microphones to track they're pick up patterns frequencys.

and honestly, i think you need to look more toward your mixing skills if you can't get a great sound out of that combo of gear. Its a real good signal chain.
    Honestly... You have know idea how much i'm "looking into my mixing skills". I'm getting sounds of beauty my homi. Mixing isn't so complicated it's mastering i'm tryna start digging into. Don't get the wrong idea from my previous statement... Shit sounds dope especially now, just was actin a lil weird for the not so trained user to understand. The lows are fukin crazy without tweakin a dam thing, when you tweak the mids it sounds high end all the way, I can get that nice airy deep type sound with ease. I don't need to touch anything above 5500-6000 hz, if I do it's just a touch for that extra ss. Waves diamond bundle is next, not untill I know i'll be able to understand half the shit it offers tho. peaze
    BTW. They do a frequency response test on the robbie dawg... Dono why you think otherwise.
    Last edited by JayFro407; July 31st, 2007 at 04:58 PM

Awards 25+ Wins

I don't think he's having a mixing problem... more of a what the fuck I've never had that happen problem... now the quality should get stupid nice...

and they can do a frequency test on the robbie... it doesn't really change anything we've said... honestly... it's just what frequencies is it working at... etc... nothing serious...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

peaze
    BTW. They do a frequency response test on the robbie dawg... Dono why you think otherwise.
    yea they track its curve.

you can track a curve without the tube being broken in, because frequency response has nothing to do with the gain circuit.
    Welcome to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat View Post
    I don't think he's having a mixing problem... more of a what the fuck I've never had that happen problem... now the quality should get stupid nice...
    Xactly..
    And you right the quality is def. up'd a couple notches, I can sing and it actually don't sound bad at all... Thats some shit right thurr. Makes me wonder what hardware is even left to buy other than a nice monitor setup... Any suggestions?
    Ohh and btw I noticed the robbie has a -20db pad button... I'ma try usin it now and see if it aint too much.

Awards 25+ Wins

lol... um... shit... with the set up you have... You can always get outboard effects etc... but... other than that... not much I can think of... but yea monitors... wow... get a sub... and whoa. matter of fact get the dynaudio set up
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

ain't you that dude that had the rode nt1a + fw solo set up?

could be your recording enviroment.

post up tracks i wanna hear how your stuff sounds. i'm thinking of copping the fireface 400 as well.

(new track daily)

cop it, specs are the truth regardless of how my shit sounds... The converters and pre's are "supposedly" better on the ff800, but i've also read the difference is next to nothing, if at all noticable.. Yea I see good reviews sayin dynaudios got the best bang for buck. I been spendin money to get money so when the gettin starts back up i'll go get those or the jbl setup.

Battle Record
    5-3

cop it, specs are the truth regardless of how my shit sounds... The converters and pre's are "supposedly" better on the ff800, but i've also read the difference is next to nothing, if at all noticable.. Yea I see good reviews sayin dynaudios got the best bang for buck. I been spendin money to get money so when the gettin starts back up i'll go get those or the jbl setup.
    unless your gonna get a sub with the dynny's.... get the jbl's.

both great speakers tho.
    Welcome to reality.