User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Rode NT2 vs NT2A vs NT1000

Battle Record
    3-2

Rode NT2 vs NT2A vs NT1000

Ok its time for me to buy my own good studio condenser.
    I am almost certain I want an NT2 or and NT2A... or a 1000. The NT2 seems to be $100 cheaper. and why would I pay $100 for a couple of pad switches and pickp patterns I have no intention to use...
    other than this its made in australia instead of china now. Wow I dont care lol.

I cant really read many reviews that dont say anything other than "Its better and this is why... because we sell the 2nd model and not the first." and dont mention anything on a difference in build.

Is there any other difference between them? in the components or whatever?

and is the NT1000 better-sounding?

P.S. The main things Ill be recording is vocals, acoustic guitar and maybe a bit of piano

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Rode NT2 vs NT2A vs NT1000

Heres the differrence between the 2.

NT2000
    http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=NT2000

NT2-A
    http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=NT2-A

If it was me, id go for the NT2000 cause theres more things you can do with it.

and whats your budget, cause the Rhode k2 and the classica11 are real good aswell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

The 2000 wasnt an option haha. Not in-budget! Its about $200 for a used mic and with this I could get the NT2 or the NT1000. And the NT2A is about $300 used here

Battle Record
    5-3

i've owned/recorded on all the mics mentioned at some point.

The truth about the R0de line of mics is that they sound pretty damn good, but they are an acquired taste. Your voice either sounds good on them or it doesnt.

My first SERIOUS condensor mic i owned was a NT2... that mic sounds dope on my voice. That's what made me stick with the R0de line of mics. I own a K2 now along with a NT2 that i've permenantly loaned to my best friend... lol.

There is not going to be a difference between the NT2 and the NT2A in a real situation. The NT1000 sounds slightly different than the NT2 though. The NT2 has a more pronounced high end than the NT1000 does. So if you record on a NT2, you shouldnt need to touch the highs at all, since there already sounding sweet, and open. Thats were alot of people make there mistake when they mix with a R0de mic.

So if those were my choices.... i would get the NT2 if i had to choose all over again.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Word... you sort of confirmed what I was thinkin. We used it for a recording project in college and it was nice and clear. It sounded so natural like it was recorded from beside the mouth if that makes sense? Cause it was crisp and so clear

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

oo shit lmfao, my bad paze, but yea i would get the nt2 though.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I have the NT1a. It's sounds just like the NT2a without the options on it. I personally like Rode mics a lot. But I stopped recommending them because people complain that they're harsh. Really I think people just don't know how to use the mic properly.

But you should understand that none of these mics are going to sound the same after you break them in. There's really no telling what kind of mic sound you will get. I recommend testing out some used mics, because their sound will be more consistent from when you first heard it.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

What you mean by "harsh", and as you use the mic youll sound different, why?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

harsh sound is caused by too much high end.

Cheap condenser mics are actually FET Condensers, and they change over time because they have a capacitor inside that powers the mic. This battery power drains over time changing the sound of the mic. Regular condensers are powered completely by phantom power. On a FET condenser the phantom power just acts as a back up source.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

so your saying that rhode mics (every 1 of them) will change in sound/time due to the battery falling short.

Battle Record
    3-2

I believe their higher end condensers are true condensers... their tube mics are not FET either from what I've read...

most condenser mics under $400 are FET condensers, which isn't necessarily a bad thing... you just have to expect some change in sound over time... generally FET's will end up bein' a little duller than when new... but it does take quite some time and frequent use, and also depends on the brand of the mic/quality of components...

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    so your saying that rhode mics (every 1 of them) will change in sound/time due to the battery falling short.
    not in a bad way
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

FET is an electret mic?

Yeh Ill probably go into Sound Control (now called Reverb :\) and just test them with an acoustic guitar. I wont embarass myself by singing lol. But they wont have an NT2 since not many places do.

Battle Record
    3-2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RODE-NT2-WITH-...3286.m14.l1318

I could offer £200 = $400 for that. Seems in good condition and I dont need the windshield.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

iunoo if i would buy that, what opey and every is saying that the mics will sound different in time, makes you think if you should by a brand new rhode mic, not a used but buts thats my opinion.