User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Control surfaces

Battle Record
    3-2

Control surfaces

Im gonna save up for a midi control surface... I dunno how much to save though.
    Im looking for something that has atleast 14 linear faders and perhaps spome rotary faders. Preferibly a 5cm+ difference from 1-127 midi volume control and something that I can easily assign to faders on Pro Tools and FL Studio just by assigning them instead of going through other software or whatever.

Im not on-budget or anything but Im sure I could get something like the Behringer B control but only having linear faders - instead of rotary for around the same price? I know they have 1 with 8 linear faders and some rotaries but is there anything cheaper?

Thanks
    Last edited by Paze; August 3rd, 2008 at 05:11 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Control surfaces

I have the Mackie Universal Control. I love it.

Battle Record
    3-2

Word... they use like 4 of them in the digital studio in college. Id never spend that much though.
    I may aswell get an mpd32 or something cause then I could use its 8 faders alongside the 9 on my midi keyboard. Id prefer something with just some faders or whatever though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Motorized faders are a must have for control surfaces. Non motorized faders are crap. I have both. I never use the faders on my keystation. The Mackie is inexpensive compared to others on the market. And it's designed so you can do pretty much everything in your DAW str8 from the controller. You're not just buying faders. If you're not going to get at least a Mackie then don't waste your money. Just use the mouse.

Battle Record
    3-2

Word. I mainly use faders for my main tracks atm but I wanted about 20 faders in total so it would cover most tracks.
    I dunno if Ill bother with this if its that expensive...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

theres no need for 20 faders. first of all, fader groups usually come in groups of 8. so you're looking at 24 faders. and you're talking about at least a couple thousand dollars. But 8 faders is plenty. I have no problem at all using fader banks. you cant move more than 8 faders at a time anyway.

but like i said. You're not buying FADERS. if you just want faders then you're going to be wasting your money. DAW controllers are designed to control the DAW... not just move the faders in the mix window.

also, if you have a laptop... or buy a touch pad... there's a free program called touchpad2midi that turns your touchpad into 4 faders or midi pads.

Battle Record
    3-2

Its not a laptop I run my music software on
    But word... Im just looking for an easy way to control the faders - not control the daw. Im happy using my keyboard and mouse for that. Its just Id rather have more faders to be honest
    so yeh... fuck my idea lol

The PreSonus faderport is an inexpensive way to control volme, and pan controls in your daws..

i heard alot of bad things about them online, but got mine for free wth my interface, and haven't had any problems with either of them. it's motorized, and can move from channel to channel, essentially being an infinite channel control surface...

it's like 150 bucks or somethin...

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

it's ONE fader tho lol

honestly, I'd rather just use the mouse at that point.

yeah, but it has a channel slection, and the motorized fader moves with each channel. It's exactly what the guy's looking for, lol. he said inexpensive, i blelieve, and for the money, it's the shit. it does as much for pan and volume controls as any giant console would do, except you can't possibly have too many recorded tracks for it. Definaitly not a high-end professional piece of gear, but it's got a 100mm motorized long-throw fader. The same one i think they use in API consoles..or something like that..API, APL..some 3 leter company, lol. for the project enthusiast, i think it's the best on the market.

and besides, mine was free with my interface. if i had to spend the 150 bones on it, i'd probably not be pressed for it, but as far as bang for the buck, i enjoy it.
    Last edited by Reason.; August 14th, 2008 at 09:31 PM

(You should all check this out)

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

try to find a tascam US2400... probably won't... other then that mackie uni control... the only thing worth buying.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The 13th Apostle View Post
    yeah, but it has a channel slection, and the motorized fader moves with each channel. It's exactly what the guy's looking for, lol. he said inexpensive, i blelieve, and for the money, it's the shit. it does as much for pan and volume controls as any giant console would do, except you can't possibly have too many recorded tracks for it. Definaitly not a high-end professional piece of gear, but it's got a 100mm motorized long-throw fader. The same one i think they use in API consoles..or something like that..API, APL..some 3 leter company, lol. for the project enthusiast, i think it's the best on the market.

and besides, mine was free with my interface. if i had to spend the 150 bones on it, i'd probably not be pressed for it, but as far as bang for the buck, i enjoy it.
    all im saying is he specifically said he wants a lot of faders. all control surfaces use banks. but I'm not gonna bank thru 20 some tracks back and forth to move a fader when I can just use a mouse lol