User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Need feed from real beat makers on 2 beats!

You've Earned a Custom Title! schizmatic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Need feed from real beat makers on 2 beats!

K first off these are House beats, not rap.. made for raves... and Morder posted easier links in his post below, good man.

If you don't know what you're talking about then don't comment, only real heads please. I just sent these two tracks to some chick who's hookin me up with some record studios to go get mentoured at, and she said they were "not bad" when others who listen to this type of music say it's unreal, I duno, I want you're opinion on production and everythin else, both aren't completely finished some transitions and drops are still needed. Saying it's repetitive is the stupidest thing you can say. here we are.. and i'll have 3 links as soon as i get at least one good critique

Joker

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6792703

Filthy

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6796455
    Last edited by schizmatic; August 13th, 2008 at 04:57 PM

Soule

Re: Need feed from real beat makers on 2 beats!

[soundclick]6792703[/soundclick]

[soundclick]6796455[/soundclick]

The Joker one would be pretty bad as for a Russian rock/techno type of thing. I actually like it, couldn't see it being used for Rap or Hip-Hop but it could for sure be used for techno or some like Ramstein type shit.

Basically, the same goes for Filthy as well man. Really nice beats, I couldn't see a rapper using either of them. But for some pop/techno/rock type shit.. hell yeah.

I could actually see Ramstein using Joker while Nine Inch Nails or Rihanna use Filthy. Keep it up man.

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

THANKS dude appreciate it, it's for rave/techno/house yeah not rap at all, cheers thanks again.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

joker is a banger...i know the crowd noise is pretty standard for house music, but i just find it pointless, its catering to a crowd that will be cheering in the first place<-side note

shit is clean...your synths sound real nice and im actually kind of surprised at how nice this is mixed and how clean your shit is...that bass line is nice, sounds like its rippin through the track...i like your detuned synth that comes in too, its nice...drums bang, i could see the kick maybe poundin a bit harder, but other than that, ahhhhhhh

filthy...feel like that square sound should have a slight delay and some verb on it, give it a "floating" feel...other sounds that come in compliment it well...i like the break alot with the modulated low fi melody...

overall these are well produced for house music, imo...you seem to have the crescendo idea down as far as building the beat to a climax, i would work on polishing that a little more, i like joker the most out of the two

good luck
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Thanks dude, all leveled and tweeked with fruityloops, headhpones and laptop speakers lol, zero samples and loops. I know it needs polishing, and filthy could use some vocals, thanks for the excellent feed. And what square thing were u talking about, what time does it come in at?
    Last edited by schizmatic; August 13th, 2008 at 06:46 PM

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

upup

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

the square comes in at like 8 secs

shit, you need to up your equipment a bit, but if it works, it is what it is
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

The Blacker Cracker Hezzleton G's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-6

Having spent about a year an half (way back when) listenin to techno I can difinitely say its got the techno/trance/house touch on it. That's some pretty slick shit to be honest, especially if you did all this with Fruity Loops. Both of em make me wanna pop an E pill and rub on a tree
    I Think I Just Sharted

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins

Joker was pretty dope though, nice and smooth brotha - some dope stuff. I always knew u were a trance beat maker instead of a hip hop beat maker.. you just got that touch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Joker

I would seriously consider removing that intro synth. Your lead is good I like it. the synth on change up @ 2:38 needs turning up. I don't really care for that slow down @ 3:30 ish that’s just personal taste though. Your transition @ 3:50 was real nice. Overall nice track

Filthy

That intro sound needs turning up. I don't like the lead on this track its nothing wrong with it it's on beat but I think it's just boring and doesn't have enough variation. The sound you used at 1:05 Needs to be replaced or tweaked. That detune @ 2:40 is not to my tasting but that bass line is nice. I'm not a fan of detuning some people like it I just can't get over it maybe I get that from playing the piano.

That's good you're getting a mentor in the studio best of luck to you.
    I will not lose because even in defeat, there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me. -Sean Carter

Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Flame ur right about joker, and its not just the intro it's in other places too and its kinda forced I get real lazy and impatient sometimes, ill just keep it int here once lol. But the sound at 1:05 tweaked? the bells or slide that goes from left right center then up? at 2:40 gotta disagree with u tehre lol it's my favourite part, love that magical shit once and a while, but i do agree about the not enough variation. Turned up at 2:38 k cool was wonderin about that cant really tell with just phones and laptop speakers, need a pair of subs, unless didnt get the it being turned up slowly part, i duno.

awesome feed guys, thanks a lot

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Peeping joker. I don't really feel the synth. When you switch it up around 1:20, sounds better. Sounds pretty well mixed. The way the synths bounce from left to right is cool. Not feeling that synth that comes in at 2:40. Changes the mood of a more hard type of trance beat. Keep at it man.

Battle Record
    5-3

not a fan of the kick you used in Joker... dont sound like its in the mix.. sounds like its on top of everything else. It needs to get the top shaved off of it.

Not bad though... lol@the crowd noise. Yea this is some house shit for real.
    *breaks my glow sticks*

Filthy
    Same kick... ahhhh, not feelin the kick man. And i think you could have done a bit more drum wise instead of just stickin strictly to the four on the floor pattern... you should consider building up to the pattern, since people are so familiar with it... you dont want to hit them with the meat of the track early... its counter productive. You do have progressive tracks, you just need to be thorough with your progression.
    The breakdown in this is coo... i do like the little video gameish melody...
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Cool but the kicks always like that in house, dance/ house, maybe ur thinkin of techno, dance, or trance. Im into angello, deadmau5, david guetta, masterkraft, shit like that. I agree with the build up and more variety of drums, didnt even use hats.

Back To Square One
    Battle Record
    0-1

Forget "filthy" completely...and put work in on "joker"...there are certain aspects that CAN'T be repeated as many times in a row...but...most of your rythmic phrases were on the mark.