User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fibreglass

Battle Record
    3-2

Fibreglass

The time has come for me to treat my "control room" which is basically my bedroom. Im treating it generally for mixing in and a small area for recording.
    Im going to build some bass traps from rockwool panels but as soon as I asked my dad for some help building them he was like "fuck no... youre not putting that in your room". Apparently fibreglass can pretty much fuck you up. I know that if you rub it on yourself your skins gonna feel pretty nasty but it turns out that depending on the type it can get into your lungs and have long-term effects.

So basically what Im asking is - Im in my bedroom a lot sleeping and making music. Are rockwool panels covered in sheets and stapled to wood on my wall going to be a health hazard to me?
    Im pretty sure Opey or others can help with this... Im basically clueless since most home studios use them - but I suppose theyre not in there 24/7 so it might not be a risk to them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Fibreglass

lmao the fiberglass or rockwool is inside of a bag. It's not hazardous. It's only hazardous in dust form in the air. ceiling tiles are fiberglass lmao

Battle Record
    3-2

I get it now... Im an ass
    It was the type of insulation I was going to order. dammit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

word... I work with fiberglass a lot buildin' custom car subwoofer enclosures and different fiberglass one-off parts when my brother and I fix up old cars... it won't hurt you at all unless you breathe dust from sanded fiberglass... you shouldn't have nothin' to worry about...

Battle Record
    3-2

I was looking at the wrong type... Gonna fix up a few bass traps next week hopefully