User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: £850?

You've Earned a Custom Title!

£850?

Me and my boy currently have 700 english pounds and only have a rough idea of what equipment i need such as mic, mixer, monitors, amp. While i'm here, can anyone tell me what leads i would need to plug everything in with the amp and that. help would be cool

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: £850?

you don't need a mixer, unless you're recordin' several mics or instruments... I don't know quite how much money that is, but you'd be good with a decent condenser mic and a firewire interface... if you could afford a decent standalone preamp as well, that's a plus... if not, not a big deal at first... good headphones are important, a closed-back studio style for recording with... monitors are important, if you got the money for decent ones... I'm thinkin' probably not... sound treatment is important too, if you can build a little booth or convert a closet... and some sorta sound treatment for the room you mix in...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

Re: £850?

i think 700 is around $1000

word

condenser
    firewire interface
    headphones
    xlr cable
    mic stand
    pop filter

monitors if you can afford em...
    personally id get a good quality mic & interface first and get some cheaper monitors rather than buyin cheap mic & interface that you would have to upgrade

id go for profire 610 interface(250)
    akg perception240 mic (170)
    sennheider headphones (i forget the exact odel but theres some good one for about £30)
    maybe budget another 50 for mic stand etc
    than leaves 200 for monitors which wouldnt be that bad at all

obviously you`ll need decent pc and some sort of recordin software

but tbh theres plenty of choices what you could go for with that money so do some reasearch