Thread: The NBA Playoffs Match-Ups

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Re: The NBA Playoffs Mach-Ups

And the most fixed Finals ever.
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

My Mavericks are gonna spoil the party.

LOL.

Well, at least we drew a weak San Antonio team by God's good will last night, thanks to Michael Finley's buzzer beater to send it to OT, so I at least have hope of winning the first round against hated San Antonio sans Ginobili... And then the next round would be winner of Denver//New Orleans, say one of them loses a key starter to injury, I could see us beating them. I'm just glad the Mavericks might have a good month of basketball left to play, rather than a first round sweep at the hands of LA.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Yea I don't like the Spurs chances this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get knocked out in the first. I'm pulling for Denver and/or Portland.
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

OG Poet, er some shit.
    Battle Record
    5-5

fuck Portland. I live in Portland, and the fans are so annoying and ignorant.

Lakers for it all.
    Po'Ethics - Est. 2004

Battle Record
    30-12

Portland is a dynasty in the making, so get used to being annoyed then.

Nahlins going down suckaaaa. .

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

I can't standed NO and overhyped C3PO
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-1

lol at most fixed finals ever, you're so fucked when it comes to NBA. Orlando arent gunna do shit, CP3 isnt overhyped and there isnt going to be some conspiracy theory for the finals if its Kobe and Lebron.

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Orlando has a legitimate shot at the conference finals with KG out and could beat the Cavs if the Cavs spend 7 games against Detroit and Miami or Atlanta.

CP3 is way overhyped, they haven't even gotten to a conference finals yet with him have they?

Kobe and Lebron is the most fixed finals ever. It's already a known fact refs in the NBA are corrupt. In every other sport you see underdogs and unexpected teams winning in the playoffs and going to the finals, but not so much in basketball... why is that? You'll never see a Detroit or Chicago, or even a Maverick or Utah team getting to the finals, yet in baseball you have wildcards winning the World Series, and in Football, same thing. I like basketball, but its been way more predictable.

If it's a Laker/Cavs finals I won't be watching. Can't stand either of them.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    Orlando has a legitimate shot at the conference finals with KG out and could beat the Cavs if the Cavs spend 7 games against Detroit and Miami or Atlanta.

CP3 is way overhyped, they haven't even gotten to a conference finals yet with him have they?

Kobe and Lebron is the most fixed finals ever. It's already a known fact refs in the NBA are corrupt. In every other sport you see underdogs and unexpected teams winning in the playoffs and going to the finals, but not so much in basketball... why is that? You'll never see a Detroit or Chicago, or even a Maverick or Utah team getting to the finals, yet in baseball you have wildcards winning the World Series, and in Football, same thing. I like basketball, but its been way more predictable.

If it's a Laker/Cavs finals I won't be watching. Can't stand either of them.

he's(CP3) only been there 3 years

either way it took lebron 4 or 5 years to reach a conference final.

as the west conference final it'll either be the hornets or the spurs against the lakers.

no way lebron and company go 7 full games against miami AND detriot. it's doubtful they'll go seven against either. therefore doubtful the magic'll win against them.

definitely magic vs cavs in eastern finals
    Last edited by Brother Blue Collar; April 17th, 2009 at 12:18 AM
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Mavericks went to finals 3 years ago mindless...

Detroit went to the finals 2 years ago...

Utah it's been a while, Chicago, too, but those teams played eachother in the finals in 97 and 98.

And number 8 Golden state beat number 1 dallas two years ago in the first round. That's an upset. Hell, you think the NBA was psyched when San Antonio and Detroit played eachother? The NBA is a bit sketchy, but not 2 bad.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Engivale View Post
    Mavericks went to finals 3 years ago mindless...

Detroit went to the finals 2 years ago...

Utah it's been a while, Chicago, too, but those teams played eachother in the finals in 97 and 98.

And number 8 Golden state beat number 1 dallas two years ago in the first round. That's an upset. Hell, you think the NBA was psyched when San Antonio and Detroit played eachother? The NBA is a bit sketchy, but not 2 bad.

Yea I know, but I'm talking about seeding. I remember watching Golden State upset Dallas, but a 1 to take out an 8 is mad rare. And even rarer for them to get to the conference finals. I was just using those teams to explain the lack of upsets in the NBA playoffs. Every other sport you have wildcards winning the championships/Superbowl but not in the NBA. I think it's partially due to their playoff system (I can't stand that they changed EVERY series to 7 games) when you have teams getting in that are under 500. The NBA is the shadiest pro-sports league in the states.

BTW, why make a team have to play a potential extra 28 games to win a championship. The NBA playoffs get dragged out like crazy, it's annoying.
    Last edited by Moniker; April 17th, 2009 at 02:45 PM
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    1-0

it's only the first round that seems like forever.

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

I agree the playoffs are too long. Should do a five game series in round one and two, than a seven game for conference championships and seven game for finals.

But that's less tickets to sell, less games to broadcast and make advertising money off of.... if anything, it will expand, rather than contract, LoL. Nature of the beast.

A.I.

Battle Record
    3-4

East:
    Cavaliers v Pistons: 4-1
    Celtics v Bulls: 4-2
    Magic v Sixers: 4-3
    Hawks v Heat: 3-4

West:
    Lakers v Jazz: 4-2
    Nuggets v Hornets: 4-2
    Spurs v Mavericks: 3-4
    Blazers v Rockets: 4-3

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-1

Lmfao at mindless post. LMFAOAOAOAOAO..the NBA is corrupt because the underdogs never win in the playoffs bahahahaha. Lol its also funny how we've gone from Orlando going the whole way to them having "a legitimate shot at winning the conference finals" hahaha..the fact KG is injured is irrelevant anyway because Boston is STILL a better team and the cavs are coming out of the east anyway.

Baseball is a completely different sport. One shot in baseball changes a game. One home run with a couple people on base CHANGES the game COMPLETELY. The favourite's pitcher lets one get loose and a nobody gets a few runs..you know, that shit can happen. Same goes in the NFL, the nature of the sport is such that a multiple game series is completely unpractical. So an underdog turns up and plays there heart out, gets lucky here and there can beat the dynastys and favourites. In basketball, one three from a underdog or a 5 minute run of dominance doesnt change shit in a 48 minute game of basketball, with 6 games after that to follow. In a seven game basketall series, the better team generally will win. No ones saying the Magic will get swept but they wont win a seven game series.

If you wont be watching the Lakers/Cavs finals then you're just a retard who doesnt truly love the game