User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: Graphics Revamp! - Input Needed!

Battle Record
    34-2

Re: Graphics Revamp! - Input Needed!

as soon as Born makes the changes in here i will get these things up and running

more ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    10-18

Hmm interesting.
    But powers doesn't make the forum.
    The person makes the forum.
    In terms of ideas, I'd be willing to make a magazine based on art that has been posted.
    With critiques and and comments, and overall general information on up and coming equipiment that's coming out.

.Major League Gaming.
    XBOX 360 GT: COF Nightmare

Battle Record
    34-2

^dope idea

/

Battle Record
    15-0

SOTW did work, until all of the graphics heads left the site or became inactive in this forum.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    34-2

its a nice idea, but like you say it only lasts for a few weeks.

/

Battle Record
    15-0

it lasted for 9 weeks before people left.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    34-2

im sorry

hug me?

/

Battle Record
    10-18

Quote Originally Posted by K View Post
    ^dope idea
    Well starting next week, I'll begin doing this.

.Major League Gaming.
    XBOX 360 GT: COF Nightmare

Battle Record
    34-2

Ima make the changes in here next Monday

/

Battle Record
    15-0

don't get rid of the SOTW subforum. We might be able to revive it.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    32-11

just a thought.

there seem to be alotta regulars who post their work.. i.e - qwasian

maybe give em their own thread or somethin' to post stuff in? instead of making new threads every time they make something...? cuts down on the clutter......

i dunno lol

fuck that...qwasian dont deserve shit.
    and he was supposed to post all his work in only one thread cuz he would make three at a time...
    and he dont feed on anybodys shit...and then he fights about criticism on his own...
    lol....sorry...i just think that kids a douche.
    but i get what your saying with the whole thing....but then people have to go through pages of of work and comments to try and find shit...

Battle Record
    32-11

^ yeah i was just usin him as an example lmaooo.

maybe their own subforum would be better? for the really established ones.. who've proven to be good, active, etc. prolly be like 3-4 that i can think of off the top of my head.

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

not worth the hassle of subforums.
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Battle Record
    1-0

I'm on the level, not worth the hassle. Besides, the fact that some people make threads all the time is good. Not something to cut down.

If you don't like that Qwasian's always near the top of the forum then make your own threads and take the fame away. Otherwise stop complaining. There's a few people who I'd love to target with that statement but I won't.

My ideas while I'm still sober for once:
    Promote all sorts of graphics - animation, hand drawn, photography, design, websites etc. When the forum was catering for generalities back in the day, people from all sorts of different artistic backgrounds were showcasing their work. Not only that but 70% of the people who post here might not WANT to be involved in what you all call 'gfx'. They might just like taking photos :/
    Still, that's something to look at. By promoting it as a high and mighty graphics forum you're cutting growth off at the knees.

Personally, I'm big into my hand drawn work. I'm not saying a subforum but maybe a competition or something. K you've been around for a while so you should remember how successful competitions were run. Small, selective and interesting.
    Alot of the people in the Blackbook Sketches thread are pretty good at hand drawing from what I can see, and these peoples names never get mentioned in Graphics. Might be an idea to see what they can bring to the table. Same can be done for anything visually inspiring, but we should select the ones that are visually interesting, that haven't really been looked into before. It will add a new, unfolding point of interest to the forum at all times.

Rules. You should abolish rules, put in guidelines instead. If a person bites, which is the only problem that needs a rule as far as this forum, then it'll be dealt with like normal.
    As for any rules that mean links, post limit per day, and freeposting, get rid of them. Replace them with guidelines, designed to ENCOURAGE new posts rather than restrict them. When making rules for anything involving creativity, less is always more. Simplicity is key. Define between common sense rules and absolutely mentionable dead certain never-do's. Only put the never-do's.

Change the name of the forum to High Visuals or something equally exciting. A forum called Member Graphics on a message board can only mean one thing to internet veterans: Endless shitty sig threads, loads of talk about Photoshop and cheap fonts, and never any REALLY interesting work. Possibly the most played and boring topics since the last religion thread. A new name that replaces those ideas will make it a looser environment to post what YOU do as a visual art, and it'll take away the false elitism that some users have when commenting on each others work.

Also, DO YOUR OWN THING. Look in as many threads as possible, comment, critique and defend every other artist. They're in this together with you, making art out of the world that we live in. Take what you will from their ideas and work, and in turn post something of your own that illustrates your style. The key thing that people miss is that there is no battle here. Putting others down needlessly only makes people like me think less of you and your work. We're supposed to be a community, and the only way this forum will pick up is if the lower teirs of artists find the energy to keep trying and improving - which comes in the form of ENCOURAGEMENT. Their newest sig might not be a scratch on your latest 'smudge technique hang sig with animation in it!', but that's ALL TECHNICAL ABILITY AND DOES NOT DEFINE HOW GOOD YOU ARE AS AN ARTIST/DESIGNER. There have and always will be new members to this forum that burn the members at the top, even though they can't add filters like you can. Stop hating and show them how to apply their ideas better. The more you help others improve in their areas, the more they can help you in yours essentially.

Which leads to my last point for now. The sale. I don't give a fuck about every single one of you as far as the sale. I will stab everybody in the back if it means I'm going to get that money for my services, which is standard routine in today's finance. Instead of biting at eachother in here, we should have a ruthless subforum for requests. The only place in the Graphics side of the site where we should be at eachothers necks over something.
    The subforum we all need should be a version of bitchslapped. Anybody can post a request for anything, so long as it's a serious request. The routine is a ruthless one, a post is made including the deadline, and anybody who wants the job can post their pitch. It will be decided by the thread creator before a set time after creating the thread, a week or something for example. If it's not decided, and this is the important bit - the thread is deleted. Regardless of who made the thread. Because my time is money and if people on this site are messing me around about their new mixtape cover, I'm going to go elsewhere to sell myself, resulting in one less good artist for your forum.

Overall, I reckon things should pick up.

[Po'Ethics][Written Voices]