User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Startin off good

I don't give a fuck.... LicketySplit96's Avatar
    Battle Record
    5-7

Startin off good

Yo, im new here, i gotta question real quick. first off, i might as well tell you a lil bout me seein as how it might tie into the answer one way or another.
    im 14 years old but age dont mean nothin, i was born in Queens, then moved to Bensonhurst, and unfortunately now i live in New Jersey, and i hate it. i hate the people, the quietness, it aint me, but its all good cuz my family is still in staten island and queens and i visit them every weekend so it dont bother me that much. my father died 10 days before i was born, and when i was 7, my 20 year old uncle - the only other father to me, was shot dead wit his friend and his friends mother in queens. thats when i started writin. i make beats too, i got myself a roland fantom g8, and i been playin piano since i was 5 so i got mad feel for it. my mother got remarried back in '09 and i dont get along with my stepfather - im not even allowed to call him dad - even if i wanted to, which i dont. i have very few friends and its only people i been tight wit for a while and i could trust. i hate everybody else just as much as they hate me. i get threatened and made fun of everyday just cuz i write lyrics. my obvious ambition is to be a rapper. and i personally think i have skill. i get opinions from other people, as well as my piano teacher who i've known for years and who can hook me up with free studio time, and damn near anybody i need. dudes got connections. i write all day every day, its my life, all i do. i write what i want to hear cuz i dont give a fuck about anyone else now anyway enough about me i need some help. now, once i start writin, im set for a good few hours or so without needin another idea. i can keep it goin for a while. but i have 2 main problems. firstly, for some reason when i rap what i wrote down over the beat it sounds weird and idk how to describe it. it kinda sounds like im sick of hearin myself in a way and i just want myself to shutup. but then when i read it to myself or say it quietly it sounds as good as i thought it would.
    my second problem is that yeah once i get an idea i could keep it goin, but my problem is getting an idea. like obviously i have plenty to write about, but the first line is always the one that stumps me. i can never get the right feel for the first line or a good idea for it. i know im supposed to just feel the beat and look around me and all that but none of that works. anyone got any tips?

Thanks.
    hit me up at frankiexbabezz96@aim.com if you want. Peace.
    Last edited by LicketySplit96; March 23rd, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Re: Startin off good

just free write, dont worry if it sounds good or if the rhyming schemes are perfect. this is all about getting the ideas out of your head, you can always tweak lyrics later to make them sound better. dont worry about writing trash lyrics, your gonna write so much that there is gonna be alot of trash to sift through.

the reason your voice doesn't sound good to a beat is because your flow is wack. try spitting to other rappers songs and getting the timing down pefectly, feeling the beat how they hit it. you'll know when your doing it.

I don't give a fuck.... LicketySplit96's Avatar
    Battle Record
    5-7

Re: Startin off good

Quote Originally Posted by josephG View Post
    just free write, dont worry if it sounds good or if the rhyming schemes are perfect. this is all about getting the ideas out of your head, you can always tweak lyrics later to make them sound better. dont worry about writing trash lyrics, your gonna write so much that there is gonna be alot of trash to sift through.

the reason your voice doesn't sound good to a beat is because your flow is wack. try spitting to other rappers songs and getting the timing down pefectly, feeling the beat how they hit it. you'll know when your doing it.
    Thanks yo imma try it, ill let you know how it turns out.

Keep it tight,
    The Infamous...