User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: UK Rapper Possessed (from Rhyme Asylum)

Battle Record
    1-4

Re: UK Rapper Possessed (from Rhyme Asylum)

eh, flatlinerz dont sound bad at all just a little too crazy for me to listen to without feeling like a serial killer haha.

[YOUTUBE]-0zEwdAF-gc&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    46-9
    Awards Legendary Member 25+ Wins OM HOF LLL HOF LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner

master degree burns/heat stroke of genius
    haven't started to rap yet, this is just the sound of me breathin
    cut throats of backstabbers with my shoulder blades

he's got some lyrics for sure, but it's just so hard to listen to for me.
    Been a real one.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Apoca-Lips's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Cee View Post
    I hate shit like this...I can't be like "this is dope" just because of what he's saying...which I can hardly hear anyways lol, but he's talking about drinking poison and killing people and shit just to fit the "asylum" image...dude, rhyme about regular shit...not some fantasy island type of shit.
    again i can understand if you dont like this "dark arts" style, but its not like theyre just saying shit for the sake of saying it. theres some really clever concepts and wordplay going on!

as for the fantasy island comment, hip hop is art my friend! its all about being creative and using your imagination. Last Emperor isnt dark like this, but he does the same thing in terms of using his imagination. theres a lot of truth in fantasy. but its like many things, i mean you wouldnt necessarily go into a gallery and look at a piece of abstract art or something painted that wasnt based on anything physically real and be like "oooh this isnt real i dont like it". and you wouldnt tell Tolkien lord of the rings is shit because it isnt real. if it makes you FEEL something then its real by my definition. if you see the point im trying to make?

people go on about this "reality" so much and it gets boring in the end. we need to expand our imaginations a bit more, its how we evolve!
    In my personal opinion, everything I listen to is real hip hop, and everything you listen to is not!
    [youtube]rcWA__UmQXA[/youtube]

"Scytsophrenia"

Dudes rappin on the Lord Voldemort Tip

Naww JP

Idk alot of UK Rappers tend to be on the forefront of the whole Horror Core rhyme style in my eyes, US has kinda gotten past that stage where it was big....and So in my eyes they just now going threw the faze that US has already gone threw, either way they drop dope ass shit just whenever i listen i feel like ive heard it all before...idk my opinion either way the tracks speak for themselves so its all good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by sILLable
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    i was 18 and she was 15...never again..i dont ask for ID's im not a fuckin night club but whatever

You've Earned a Custom Title! Silhouettes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Cee View Post
    I hate shit like this...I can't be like "this is dope" just because of what he's saying...which I can hardly hear anyways lol, but he's talking about drinking poison and killing people and shit just to fit the "asylum" image...dude, rhyme about regular shit...not some fantasy island type of shit.
    Just because you don't like a style doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Possessed has practically mastered his style to perfection, so obviously it's something he's perfect for and I don't think you're incapable of seeing the qualities in this if you look at it objectively. Word to apoca-lips' last post.

And yeah, State of Lunacy was an incredible album. Cohesive, dope production and practically not a wack verse (and Copywrite had maybe the worst)..
    [YOUTUBE]2DFR0vdPPM0[/YOUTUBE]
    It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.
    -Antoine de Saint Exupéry (The Little Prince)

You've Earned a Custom Title! `Jammin' Jobus's Avatar

why do you love rhyme asylum so much.

at least 75% of your posts mention them.

they are just a super generic underground rap group. there are 10 that sound just like them and are just as good.

Battle Record
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouettes View Post
    Just because you don't like a style doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Possessed has practically mastered his style to perfection, so obviously it's something he's perfect for and I don't think you're incapable of seeing the qualities in this if you look at it objectively. Word to apoca-lips' last post.

And yeah, State of Lunacy was an incredible album. Cohesive, dope production and practically not a wack verse (and Copywrite had maybe the worst)..
    couldnt agree more. i really like copywrite but he didnt match any of the three members of RA on that Attitude Problem track.

Idk alot of UK Rappers tend to be on the forefront of the whole Horror Core rhyme style in my eyes, US has kinda gotten past that stage where it was big....and So in my eyes they just now going threw the faze that US has already gone threw, either way they drop dope ass shit just whenever i listen i feel like ive heard it all before...idk my opinion either way the tracks speak for themselves so its all good
    im sorry but i wouldnt say this style as ever been BIG in america, just as it isnt particularly big in the UK right now either. only the candy rappers get big here, and thats no different in the US. this darker side of hip hop isnt exactly something youd ever hear in the charts lol. obviously US has a much larger hip hop audience as its more established over there.

but i dont think that has anything to do with this. there are loads of US rappers that still drop this style. and there are loads of US heads that still listen to it. i think its very important to understand that its not a "phase". you cant treat this side of hip hop like its some sort of fashion that goes in and out of style just because your taste has changed. which is cool obviously, but as Braille Brizzy once said "music is more than just a style".

the way i see it is its like movies. you have romantic ones (common) you have fantasy ones (last emperor) you have horror films (rhyme asylum) etc etc. it just depends on what mood youre in and how it relates to your life at the time. there are days when rhyme asylum are the last thing id want to listen to.

the most important thing is that whatever side of hip hop youre into at the time does its job by making you FEEL it. and i have just found, from my own personal experience, that underground artists generally do a better job of producing music that i can FEEL. its still raw and untamed by the restrictions of major record lables. most mainstream music just sounds bland to me. emotionless and almost robotic. way too much focus on image and materialism. but hay........thats what the masses want :hosea:
    In my personal opinion, everything I listen to is real hip hop, and everything you listen to is not!

"Scytsophrenia"

Battle Record
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by `Jammin' Jobus View Post
    why do you love rhyme asylum so much.

at least 75% of your posts mention them.

they are just a super generic underground rap group. there are 10 that sound just like them and are just as good.
    i know there are other artists out there that do this, but you can say that about loads of things. but i havent heard anyone that does it better than them, if you have id very much appreciate a list! what theyre doing isnt original, but the level of quality in the way they execute it is consistently top notch!

"Scytsophrenia"

Battle Record
    46-9
    Awards Legendary Member 25+ Wins OM HOF LLL HOF LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner

ugh, i just realized he said some shit like "put the queen's head in the offering basket." wtf? just no. that shit sounds so soft lmao.
    Been a real one.

Battle Record
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Doubt. View Post
    ugh, i just realized he said some shit like "put the queen's head in the offering basket." wtf? just no. that shit sounds so soft lmao.
    lol what? the queens head is english slang used to describe money, like dead presidents. but hes saying hes literally going to chop her head off and put it in the basket.

doesnt sound too soft to me :vanja:

"Scytsophrenia"

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Word, we have the queens face on our money. You guys invaded us and tricked our people...
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Medman View Post
    Word, we have the queens face on our money. You guys invaded us and tricked our people...
    :hosea1:

"Scytsophrenia"

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

yeah they probably raped our people too. haha.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    2-1

Med do you know a rapper called Justice? this still amazes me...

[YOUTUBE]F1tA6oJuFzA[/YOUTUBE]

i know ur from new zealand but hes australian so you may know him?

"Scytsophrenia"

Battle Record
    46-9

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca-Lips View Post
    lol what? the queens head is english slang used to describe money, like dead presidents. but hes saying hes literally going to chop her head off and put it in the basket.

doesnt sound too soft to me :vanja:
    lol it's just any rap line talking about the queen i guess
    Been a real one.