User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Have you made money as an artist online?

Have you made money as an artist online?

I'm interested to know how many people are actually making money from their music online. Artist only.

Do you make money from you music? iTunes, Amazon, Myspace..ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (OVER 5 MILLION PLAYS!)

Follow Me On Twitter:

Battle Record
    1-8

Re: Have you made money as an artist online?

no have you?
    Producer/Rapper PM me if you wanna get down and collab on anything, or if you want to buy a custom beat

no im actually a producer but i was curious to see if artist are actually trying to do this. I'm finishing up an article on the current condition of the music industry so i figured I ask around here and see what kind of responses I get.

Any more?

(OVER 5 MILLION PLAYS!)

Follow Me On Twitter:

Battle Record
    1-8

Alot of us on here I don't think have put any songs on itunes or anything. I have not seen any except for that song Irock.
    Producer/Rapper PM me if you wanna get down and collab on anything, or if you want to buy a custom beat

Is Better Than You.
    Battle Record
    1-0

Wait, people still buy music?

Battle Record
    1-8

Alot of people buy albums to just support the artist, plus it is nice to get all the best quality shit by buying it instead of taking your chances with limewire

@ OP, since nobody is making any music can I have some of your beats for free?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Internet artists don't make any real money. Maybe a few bucks here and there. The money is made at shows.

I think is possible for independent artist online to make a good amount of money because their music is less available say compared to a major artist. If your good and your album is promoted right and sold on iTunes, as an independent artist there's a lesser chance of your cd getting leaked to the public therefore you might be able to sell more on iTunes, Amazon or whatever because that is the only place that album can be found. What do you think?

(OVER 5 MILLION PLAYS!)

Follow Me On Twitter:

Is Better Than You.
    Battle Record
    1-0

Somebody will purchase the album and then upload it for everybody else. It happens all the time.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Independent artists generally do very well online. As do major artists. But artists who's careers exist only on the Internet do very little in terms of sales. There's a big difference between Indy artists like Wale who bust their asses out on the streets to create a paying fanbase and artists like DZK that stay on the Internet creating a fanbase that typically expects anything digital to be free.

good point, but you made another valid point that it can be done but people just choose not to. It is possible to sell online as an indi artist but people are too lazy to put in the effort.

(OVER 5 MILLION PLAYS!)

Follow Me On Twitter:

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Well artists sell more music online than anywhere because it's more convenient than going to the store. But these artists aren't strictly marketing online. They have a following that pays because of the shows and tours they do along with all kinds of guerrilla marketing. Internet marketing is effective, but not on it's own. Not in the least.

Touring is a major key to success I agree, I just feel like artist are giving up too easy on misinformation about the state of music. Yes the music industry might be bad for signed, major artist but i feel for indi artist the doors are wide open to really have a great following and pretty good online success and even offline when it comes to touring and selling merch. I feel were entering into an era of independence from record labels because artist can now do everything themselves.

(OVER 5 MILLION PLAYS!)

Follow Me On Twitter:

Battle Record
    1-0

sounds like u need get ya indie puff daddy on..start the movement bra bra
    Javan "Jeff" Feagles.

-Kickin Giant Game-[/SIZE][/I][/FONT]