User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Dont Write, It fucks up your Cadence.

Your Opinion Dont Count RomesBurning's Avatar

Dont Write, It fucks up your Cadence.

Yea, you read right... Stop writing, it fucks up your rhythm and makes u stiffer than u need to be.. Instead Think of a flow put words to it, then memorize it line by line as you go until you have a whole verse or song or w.e. I guarantee if you do this right your shit will sound way more fluid and smooth.

THE MASTERS & THE MASSES, One Has P O W E R ; The Other One LACKS IT

Re: Dont Write, It fucks up your Cadence.

I'm not sure about your methods

but see somewhat where you're coming from.
    Impart wisdom
    In part wishing
    The wit-starved listen
    & dim sparks glisten.

yea, rap is all about cadence.. if you have a solid cadence thats different from everyone else.. Your good.

dudes like jay, ghostface, wayne, jada sound good on everryyyy track cuz they have strong cadence.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Or just write on beat? Lol.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

^ Nope, We Off that.. Getcha weight up

You've Earned a Custom Title! MCdodne's Avatar
    Battle Record
    4-1

Did you say wayne? :P

You've Earned a Custom Title! PVizTheWiz's Avatar

haha...good advice...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Home of interviews with emcees, beat makers and the promotion of Global HipHop.

I think its pretty generalising to say that writing at all fucks up your rhythm therefore you are not as good a rapper as you would be if you didnt write at all. Rap has evolved over the years... to me writing a rap can mean so many different things. Describing a scene, telling a story, bragging, dissing, battling, etc... If I was writing some of those things, yeah maybe I could just sit and try and flow and fit whatever lines I can come up with into the flow and string it together...

But a lot of the stuff I have written so far is like a story. If I hadn't sat and thought of the content and written it out logically then turned it into a rap and worked out how to make it flow.... I don't think it would have gotten my message across the same.

Do you not agree that its a bit general to say that all rap can benefit from not being "written"?

So what your saying is flow is everything and lyrics don't matter at all? Your not just going to think of good lines that match up with your flow

All of you saying writing fucks up your "cadence" or rhythm, or flow, or WHATEVER you want to call it are fucking stupid. If you do not have the creativity to write something clever, then you really haven't accomplished anything personally. All those people you mentioned write their own shit. NOW, I would agree that memorizing something you have written and THEN recording it will help you, but not just scribbling words and shit. A Good artist is very versatile, and can usually adapt to the scene around him/her or pretty much take anything and make it something. Practice on your flow makes you smooth. Not just memorizing phrases. So, like I said, a Good Artist/Writer can stay on count with words, and still manage to make it sound smooth, well delivered, and have a GREAT presence all while doing so. So saying not to write, that it fucks you up, is just saying something completely wrong. Maybe not in EVERYONE's, but to ASSUME it in everyone's case, is wrong. Maybe YOU can do better by that, but I certainly don't, and have no problems being good in all areas needed!

who told you you were good in any areas?
    Impart wisdom
    In part wishing
    The wit-starved listen
    & dim sparks glisten.

my mommy

I think not writing does make it easier to flow well as it comes with a natural cadence. I would say writing is the last thing you do By the time you start writing you should have your flow down on the track and then when you write you write to fit that specific flow and cadence pattern

But 1 not everyone has the memory not to write down and some people that's not a great creative process. WIth creating something from nothing it's stupid to tell another person how HE must do it.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.