• Yes

6 60.00%
  • No

4 40.00%
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Jonathon - A Photographic Memory

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

Jonathon - A Photographic Memory

Nominated By: Lost Cause

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=453693
    a photographic memory by Jonathon

this was easily his best piece. And with that being said, jonathon has been one of the top five writers on here for quite sone time. The language and diction was amazing and it was emotion packed. Truly a blissful read.
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon

Battle Record
    4-10

Re: Jonathon - A Photographic Memory

I certainly liked this one. Lets put the fact that Jon has been a force in SS as well PS in the past and focus on the merit of his latest offering. I can't say anything I haven't said already about it. I've viewed it multiple times and think that it is worthy of a place in legends.

All the great mechanics a poet would wish for in a read are there.

Yes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scytsophrenia

On that next level.. but STILL fuckin' crazy.

[soundclick]7321513[/soundclick]

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

Honestly, this was a breath of fresh air to the poetry of today. This also topples over quite a few pieces currently already in legends. I think we are way too critical over what gets accepted here, but even this piece I think would slide by the cynics.

Vote: yes

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

if he cleans up pieces of grammar, I'd vote yes (maybe).

I'll change my vote when that's edited, until then. NO

EDIT:
    After re-reading the piece, I'd say that this isn't my vision of a true legends piece. I think it just doesn't have the zip of his other piece nomed.
    Last edited by Spoken Deity; July 14th, 2011 at 01:52 AM

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

*doesn't let this slide by*

vote-no

I think jon is a great poet: though he said this is his best piece, I don't think it is. I said it in the actual thread that I thought certain idea were brilliant, but not executed to perfection. There's no other way explain it other than that it was a great poem, that didn't blow me away. I though a wet bird was better and more heartfelt. Jon will get in one day, but it's not now.
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2

^that pretty much. i thought it was an interesting piece but it didn't really move me in any way. well executed but not what i feel that something worth putting on the highest pedestal our site has to offer is.

vote no.
    murder murder

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

tbh, reading the past legends poems and then reading this... yea time is diff... but this is poetry.. its pure talent that peeks thu... and with that said.. this could have beaten alot of those in a battle.. so on that note not like text battling.. u can compare poems to ANY era and skill n crispness will always win.. this was very well written.. i know i see alot of voters with the "not quite" let me ask.. what is quite? is there a real definition of standard that legends material is held to? yes im rambling on... but this was not good.. it was very VERY very good.. and thats what legends means

V/yes

-Marvelous-
    Battle Record
    58-10
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion GFX HOF - Award Request Accepted SOTW ABL Champion FL HOF VBL Champion - VBL Champion AOTM AOTW FL Champion

ima say yes this was dope imo. i checked some legends pieces out and this is deff up there with the rest of them if not better. this is really cool i was caught into this read from the very first line and believe this should be in legends. good job my dude.

def a yes...when i came in here to vote for this i re read it again and dam i remember the flawless feel this had when first read. ive peeped other poems that are in the legends section and i this for sure stacks up with them. great poetry here showcasing a great talent like jon..IMO he deserves this..wet bird comes in a close second to this imo, i thought this piece filled what wet bird lacked in my eyes..and dam when this was posted it was praised from top to bottom..

def think this is his best work and by far the best showcasing on his skills as a poet. Vote Yes

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

I'm pretty torn on this one. There were lots of great descriptions, but it just didn't hit me to be honest. I didn't find it all that provocative or moving, and beyond the quality of writing (which was high, but nothing you can't find in a college campus publication) there wasn't a whole lot for me to cling to. This was good, and definitely HOF worthy, but not Legends imo. vote no

Battle Record
    15-7

Rawr, I guess you can close this unless someone else is going to give an opinion...
    Artificial.Intelligence