User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should this be in Poetry Legends?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Facing the Wall- Spoken Deity

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Facing the Wall- Spoken Deity

Facing The Wall by Spoken Deity.

I remember reading this earlier and really enjoying the experience. The voice in this poem, the character...the despair and welled up emotions all paint a bleak picture, the character's private thoughts that I took in with an almost voyeuristic delight. There were some intelligent pyschological concepts, Freud, refered to which is interesting to and food for thought.

Furthermore, whilst I enjoyed it I'm sure there will be others who may not as much or at all. However, enjoyment aside I thought it read well and is far better than many poems that are already in the Poetry Legends. Please take that into consideration when voting. Thanks.
    Last edited by P. Mortuus; July 14th, 2011 at 02:08 AM

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Facing the Wall- Spoken Deity

Fuck yes. Spoken is golden 99.875 percent of the time. I've always been envious of the craftsmanship he brings with his work and his wording is always top notch. Nothing wasted in this piece, from the images to the overall elegance of the word choices, this is likely not even his best work, but as this is being nominated...I'd love to see his work get in here, it's deserving of the accolades.

v/IN
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Soule

This is also a really nice poem. like to see poetry finally getting some brighter limelight. the language in this poetry was fucking brilliant. and nothing short of original. not a whole i can say thanks to the detailed votes from baron and brandon. but i gotta vote in.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

The opening stanza just sets the tone perfectly. Spoken just has this way of capturing me from the outset of the poems. The ideas are soooo brilliant and executed perfectly, especially the hook line: that kind of writing is just unbelievable. His voice is always distinct and unique. I don't know what else to say, but IN.
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

well, this certainly came from a new level of creativity. this is like from a parallel universe compared to even the dopest of drops. very original, loved every aspect of it except that I didn't write it.

vote: in.

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

This was a really nice piece and definitely legend material. He set it up nicely and had great diction thru the entire piece. I can't really say much because it's all already been said but this is one of those pieces I can read a few times and still find new things along the way. Great piece, v/ in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Time is up on this. Oat and I will both vote on this and if its unanimous, it will go in.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

haven't forgotten about this, just been busy. will edit my vote here

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Personally I'm having a little trouble deciding. also I'm not an active poetry head, which doesn't help me decide. I do know that I definitely liked it. I liked that it was unique, it was well written but at the same time had a kind of raw feel to it. What also plays a big part in my vote is the quality of other voters, for example when someone like Baron nominates something I'm inclined to believe it definitely deserves it.

all in all, i've posted in chats and PM'd people asking for votes, and i've got no response. which i'm going to interpret as no one disagreeing that this should go in.

my vote = IN

Closed and inducted. congrats
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    64-17

Personally I'm having a little trouble deciding. also I'm not an active poetry head, which doesn't help me decide. I do know that I definitely liked it. I liked that it was unique, it was well written but at the same time had a kind of raw feel to it. What also plays a big part in my vote is the quality of other voters, for example when someone like Baron nominates something I'm inclined to believe it definitely deserves it.

all in all, i've posted in chats and PM'd people asking for votes, and i've got no response. which i'm going to interpret as no one disagreeing that this should go in.

my vote = IN

Closed and inducted. congrats
    The Last Level