Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast
Showing results 166 to 180 of 383

Thread: Legendary Chat

Battle Record
    15-7

Re: Legendary Chat

Swag, I like your avy
    Artificial.Intelligence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

^^check pm's

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

straight up, me and oatmeals battle isn't legendary then might as well just shut that legendary forum down because ain't another battle ever gonna get it

real talk

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

^^just read over the other legendary topical battles...I'd recommend others to do the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    straight up, me and oatmeals battle isn't legendary then might as well just shut that legendary forum down because ain't another battle ever gonna get it

real talk
    i feel the same about our battle, but i can't nominate it lol... but i had that convo w/ Dagel... i figure both parts of a battle have to be able to beat 98% of all other shit... one verse may pale in comparison to the other, but that doesn't mean it wasn't dope...

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The Archetype View Post
    i feel the same about our battle, but i can't nominate it lol... but i had that convo w/ Dagel... i figure both parts of a battle have to be able to beat 98% of all other shit... one verse may pale in comparison to the other, but that doesn't mean it wasn't dope...
    Absolutely agreed, but Oat's verse would have beaten anybody else, and could have beaten mine in fact, and vice versa with my verse. Same thing with our battle, neither of us really had any misses.. it was just a dope battle. The votes didn't do our battle justice, because it was much closer than they made it seem. Same with Oats and I.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

I wish we could do something about the ancient legends. Like Oats pointed out, some of them are terrible, like I question how they're even HoF.

That said, I just assume some of it is context and style, you know? Like, the styles shift and change. I wonder how much of it is that.
    But Oats is 100% correct... folks should re-read the best of legends and the best stuff outside of Legends. Honestly, there were elitists for years who just wouldn't let pieces in... despite being amazing in quality and far better than some piece in legends, they just wouldn't let them.

People will have to individually come up there own criterium, based upon the best OMs they've read.

What's more, and I've said it 1000 fucking times, we cannot set a strict criterium. Shit is all relativity.
    Also, I re-read Token/Oat's battle...hhhhmmmmm

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

nothing needs to be done about the older legends.

some of the older legends are in for more than just quality of work. such as being extremely influential to the site.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

legendary pieces *

Oats/Token... check your thread.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

eh, i feel the same about the legendary pieces. they were the best products of their time period. and as time goes on, the bar gets raised higher.

Battle Record
    64-17

@arch, i definitely think that battle deserves a nom. only reason i haven't done it is because i literally just did Philly and Tokens noms and i didn't want to just keep flooding the forum with them.

I know XM is going to be ghost, so theres no real full time mod in here. if token wants, i'll take over this forum and help keep it active as far as nominating goes. i'll keep an eye out for battles, pieces, etc that i think may have a shot at getting in and post them for people to vote on. hopefully that will cause less battles to get overlooked. obviously other people can nominate as usual.

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

^^ sounds like a good idea

Battle Record
    15-7

I agree with everything said about past pieces not meeting up to current noms, and the current noms still getting turned down.
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    15-7

btw fuck this. the last poem to get inducted was in 07, and it was poeta's piece.

the majority of inductees have been from 03. so...

it's time for a new age, I say.
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

I checked out the other topical battles in Legends, and most of them were one-sided in votes, too. I've never suggested that older Legends pieces should get taken out, but just re-read so people can have a more accurate perspective for current battles. I like King's idea, and would be willing to help if needed.