9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Token's "My Brother's Kidnapping"

Soule

Token's "My Brother's Kidnapping"

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...57/index2.html

Alright, so I understand this is a little late. But I could have sworn the piece was nominated and inducted a long ass time ago lol. Up until his piece against Oatmeal, I'm pretty sure most will agree that this was Token's best piece. The story and pure emotion alone should set the name in stone honestly.

Awards SS HOF SS HW Champion SS Season Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member OM HOF

Re: Token's "My Brother's Kidnapping"

this piece is heartbreaking. long, but not drawn out. just right. i'd venture to say almost tragically beautiful.

v/ in.
    I'm here to break my own ball and chain..

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

although I found issue with the writing on many individual lines, that doesn't take away from the overall excellence of the story. it was very tragic and heartfelt, and though I wouldn't say this is his best verse from a mechanical standpoint, I do think it's personal depth makes it that much better. this wasn't as clear cut of a decision for me, but after some thought I do think it deserves Legends. vote yes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

I think this is one of the better pieces posted on RB in the last few years. Really good content, quality rhyme scheme, and narrative. There are individual lines that need some re-wording, and I thought the rhyme scheme was just a bit inconsistent... but really a great piece of work.

yes

Battle Record
    10-9

i vote YES....long...very long but i didnt notice until i was done...once u get into it, its hard to stop reading it...very detailed...

The Birth Of Creation

Storyteller | Cr@$h | JMS | Meth | Celph Taut | Messiah | Bstill | Fatal

Battle Record
    14-12

I wish I could press a million times YES, I allready posted an explanation at the link.

v/ Hell YES
    Take a Look at my Life

Express'on is EVERYTHING Express'on's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-3

Vote Yes!...Very nice piece a little too attached to the rhyme scheme at times and it took away but overall def. one of the best I've seen on here and it wasnt that long just seemed long, because of he monotone in the rhyme scheme but none the less I think this deserves a nod.
    "the ink of a scholar, is worth a thousand times more, than the blood of a martyr"--lupe fiasco
    "I'm sonnin' ya'll like father's day/disrespect pop and get popped like Marvin Gaye" Skillz

WRITTEN VOICES

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

v/ in

like oatmeal said it wasnt the best 'technical' piece but the message delivered in it made up for that. aside from the small issues that i nitpicked on its a great read, long but amazingly executed. definitely something i could relate to in a sense, so i really enjoyed reading this.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Theres about a week left on this. Needs 3 more votes
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Just read this... On a personal level, this shit really appealed to me because I have gone through a very similar situation with my brother. Could have sworn he took a page from my life's history and written about it, tbh. With that, I would vote this in, but then there is the technical part of that needed to be discussed. The rhyme scheme was on point, the use of multies and multiple rhymes throughout the piece added even more depth to a very appealing topic. Imagery was right on... I've heard the saying "painting a picture with words", but few have been able to do such. Token did it flawlessly... In the end, this OM is everything you'd expect a legendary OM to be, a classic example of not perfect words in this piece, but imperfect pieces of life that fit and form to portray a perfectional piece. I say you're crazy not to vote this in.
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

congrats, this is Legendary