Some legends have been inducted because of their league and tournament domination, some because of widespread achievement in multiple genres. Neruda II, however, has earned his place as an RB legend for one thing alone: his unmistakable talent and significant contribution as a poet. In his years on RB, Neruda has redefined over and over again the standard for excellent poetry. He does not adhere to trends, but rather sets them with his own unique style. He does not write to please others, but still earns the respect and admiration of his audience with each piece he posts. Reading his work is like getting to know a new side of him; there's no gimmicks with his work, just truth. The raw honesty and authenticity with which he writes is something that all writers can respect - but few can even attempt to match. In his time here he has been instrumental in building the poetry community through Po'Ethics, his work in Poetic Scriptures, as well as the occasional spoken word piece. He is a true poet, one whose influence should extend far beyond RB where he is undoubtedly in a league of his own.

Dear reader, I give you my sincerest apology,
please, just relax for a moment, I've almost finished.

I have been chased through the Garden of Eden,
and started a fire under the apple tree.
That is where I met Her.
Arson is our son. I am sin.
I am Anne Sexton's forgotten body,
I am Edger Allen Poe's mangled eye,
I am Sylvia Plath's tainted blood.

That is Poetry. This, this is something else.

-Arthritis, Neruda II

Notable Achievements and Pieces

20+ Poetic Scriptures HoF

Iced grande soy chai
Addressed to Whitman, from ironman
My Sky
Lucky Brand Me
The Blind Ventricle - with atti
Goddamn you're gorgeous