Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11
Showing results 151 to 156 of 156

Thread: This is bad, bad news!!!!!

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Re: This is bad, bad news!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    There's actually no food stamps anymore. People get a credit card now with money for groceries on it. It's set up so they can only use that money for legit grocery purchases. Before, they would get vouchers for free food in the form of stamps. This is a part of welfare. Basically, if you don't have a job, you get free food. And like AT said... The average person on welfare gets about $130 a month for groceries. This is completely free money just for not having a job. And this is more money for groceries than I used to have. I used to spend about $80 a month on groceries and didn't eat bad at all. These people eat better than a lot of people with jobs. In fact, a lot of people avoid getting jobs because the government gives you more than what a starting wage will survive. If you have no job, you get free housing, free money, and free food. If you get a job, you lose all of that. So why work?? lol
    Roflmao!!!! This ^ to a T!!! No pun intended
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    12-18

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    They're not using food stamps. They're bargain shoppers. They're not scamming anyone. They're taking advantage of promotions that these stores and the brands in them put out there. That's smart shopping. People should learn from this. I often get free food from the grocery store like they do.

Their need to hoard is another issue. They probably need some psychological help. But they're spending their money how they want. There's nothing that should be illegal about that situation. Anyone can do exactly what they do. If someone can buy thousands worth of food for a couple hundred bucks, what do we need food stamps for?

Actually, come to think of it, there's more ways to get food without food stamps. One of my cousins showed me how she gets free food by calling the number on packages and complains. They send her coupons every time. The manufacturer calculates the costs of people that will do this before they issue the policy to give the stuff away in the first place. The business is willing to eat the cost to maintain good brand recognition, and the person doing it saves tons of money on food. Is it unethical to take full advantage of a service that a company provides to it's customers? Maybe if you're lying to trick the company. But these companies care less. It doesn't take elaborate stories of disgust. "I'm not satisfied and want another package" is good enough for most companies. And unlike entitlements like food stamps, there's a level playing field. If the company is hurting from this behavior, they can easily adjust their policy or choose not to do business with the customer. Society doesn't have that privilege.

Btw... We have the cheapest food in history. Even poor Americans are fat. Actually... Poor Americans are especially fat. There's food everywhere. Even soup kitchens throw food away everyday. There's no reason why any healthy person can't find food. The problem lies when a person too proud to live on cheap starches or stand in line at a soup kitchen. Instead they feel entitled to food they can't afford and the pride of having it without the effort of earning it. We give people credit cards to go on free shopping sprees because we don't want them to feel ashamed of accepting charity. We tell people they're entitled to things they don't earn just so they can feel good.
    1 time I called McDonalds & said the beef was raw & I threw it out (I was lieing, just trying to scam food when I was younger).. they offered me 2 big mac meals & I acted like I didn't want them cus of the ''raw burger shit''.. so they threw me not only 2 big mac meals.. but also a 10 dollar bill...

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

^ you rebel!!!
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

This is bad, bad news!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    No, I'm talking about the show I think it's called: Extreme Couponing
    Yea... That's the one. Some of those people have some real OCD type issues. But what they're doing is 100% legit. What happens is that the grocery store has their deals in the store. And individual brands that put their products in the store have their own coupons. And a lot of grocery stores will give double the value of the coupons as an incentive to come into their store instead of a competitor. The deals in the store, including double coupons, are paid for by the store. The coupons that customers use from manufacturers are accepted by the store and sent back to the manufacturer for reimbursement. So you have a situation where some deals are promoted by the store and others by the manufacturers. And sometimes both the store and the manufacturer have deals on the same items.

So say an item is $2. You have a coupon from the manufacturer for $.50 off. the store also has a special on that item this week for $1 off. So the item this week is being sold for $1. The store rings up the $2 item for only $1 because of their special. You give them the $.50 coupon. The store also does double coupons, so you get $1 off instead of $.50. So you get $1 off an item that they're charging you $1 for. The item is now free.

Now the manufacturer doesn't care about this. They sell to suppliers at wholesale. They already made what they're going to make. They put the coupon out there as a marketing expense.

The store loses money on the deal, but they knew this would happen when they ran the special. They're banking on all the other stuff you bought to make up for the loss, which it usually does. Most people aren't super bargain hunters. But savvy shoppers that take advantage of this can easily save more than half on all their groceries with very little effort. So when I say, I spent $80 on groceries, I'm usually getting at least $160 worth of groceries. Even with this discount, the store still makes money on the sale. The typical cost of goods sold for a business is less than 30%. So they still come out making a 20% markup on the total.

REALLY good shoppers like the ones on the show buy their groceries at a big loss for the store. But these types of customers are few and far between. The other customers that they attract make up for the loss from the select few that ONLY get the deals.

This works the same for any other coupons from any business. Typically, the business loses money on the coupon but makes it up on other things the customer buys. The customers that buy more than the coupon are a lot more than the people that only come in to milk the store for their discount. And this type of customer is worked into the marketing expense of the promotion before the coupon ever goes out. Unless the business doesn't know what they're doing. A good example of that is people losing their asses on running Groupon deals because they didn't calculate their losses based on how many people will come just to get the discount and nothing more. And Groupon is the exception to the rule. Their customers are mostly bargain shoppers due to the nature of their service.

Anyway... Wow. Tangent anyone?? lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    1 time I called McDonalds & said the beef was raw & I threw it out (I was lieing, just trying to scam food when I was younger).. they offered me 2 big mac meals & I acted like I didn't want them cus of the ''raw burger shit''.. so they threw me not only 2 big mac meals.. but also a 10 dollar bill...
    Dude, my cousin would get bags and receipts out of the trash and get free fast food. She probably still does actually lol

Companies take a lot of shit to keep customers happy.

One of my friends had a pair of Nikes for god knows how long. These things were rotting off of his foot. He called them to complain about the bottom of the sole finally splitting after years. They sent him a gift certificate for the full retail value of the shoe, which was $160. He didn't even pay that much for the shoes. He got them at a discount outlet for like $40 lmao

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    I meant supplement as a way to feed your family until you find a job... Not the literal meaning. Lol
    I thought you were talking about whey protein...