Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: God of War

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

God of War

God of War

When I first came back, I hated this dude. We beefed hardcore, then I soon found out that he actually became a beast while I was on my hiatus. He's been steadily beating the top heads for a few years now, and I think that his credentials below speak for themselves. You cannot deny that he deserves to be inducted as a legend.

6x LLL HW
    2x OM HOF
    FL Tournament Champ
    2x 1-2 Punch HW
    6x FL HW
    Golden Glove II Champ
    Golden Glove VI Champ
    FL HOF Battle
    Golden Glove IX Champ
    1-2 Punch Season 20 Champ
    Legendary Text Battle
    09-10 RB's Best Overall Textcee
    09-10 RB's Best FL Battler
    09-10 RB's Best LLL Battler

Notable Matches:

God of War vs. Blue Bayou
    God of War vs. Lay Doubt
    God of War vs. Token
    God of War vs. King

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Re: God of War

I wasn't going to vote on this, but obviously i've changed my mind lol.

when it comes to accomplishments, quality > quantity. he has a decent sized list, but i wouldn't consider some of them to be heavy arguments for being legendary. here are his accomplishments that IMO, count towards considering him for Legends:

6x LLL HW
    FL Tournament Champ
    1-2 Punch Season 20 Champ
    Legendary Text Battle
    09-10 RB's Best Overall Textcee
    09-10 RB's Best LLL Battler

tbh, by itself that list just doesn't cut it. what makes this a borderline decision is the strength of his competition cuz he has beaten a lot of the top heads. on the other side of that, he hasn't beat them when it mattered (meaning a season champ match, or a tournament champ match) because, until recently, he's never followed through, he'd just quit. but last season he stuck it out, and lost in the semis. and in the gauntlet he stuck it out and lost to hens. so that being said, the accomplishments just aren't enough.

that aside, it would be terrible to have someone like him in Legends. he's done so much bad for this site, it's a miracle that he's not STILL banned. he purposely sabotaged The Gauntlet IV, he's constantly bashing the staff, and there's a boatload of controversy surrounding anything he's involved with (inevitably, this nomination as well). to be clear, i dont think his accomplishments are enough anyways, but that added to his general conduct and attitude towards RB, this is a definite NO.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    0-1
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF

2 years ago no one on here had even heard of GOW but dudes from that era like Token, Barc, Kenny are all wayyy above his level

He's beaten alot of RUSTY vets and some decent new guys

His best win was prolly ALIEN but not many people on here like ALIENS style anyways

Vote NO for now, he needs to beat someone reaaaaaaaaally good to be considered for this, not someone like King or someone coming back from a 3 year haitus (M~M)

His best battle you linked was the one against Blue and the people voting for him minus 1 or 2 are wack as fuck while BB sweeped most of the vet votes, so yea if the best battle is a robbery then it's definately a no

Battle Record
    12-19

I say yes. GoW when he wants to, can hang with anyone on the site. Yeah, dude's caused some problems, but its because he's cocky, and damn, if I was GoW I'd be cocky as fuck too. GoW just speaks his mind, which shouldn't be put into consideration as a legend. The fact is, the dude's dope. One of the dopest dudes to grace the site, I vote Country Ron... I mean GoW in.
    The blue stuff.

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

contravertial, dope, always brings the heat. Def one of the dominant text battlers i seen n witnessed since joinin the site. Altho i never seen the older heads battle, i believe G0W has earned his spot in the legends. Any type of text battle he enters, ur more than likely to know he'll be one of the final battlers whether its a tourney or a season, he'll be one of the last battlers standing. I no that my opinion doesn't matter because im not on his level of skill, but i think he deserves a spot for legends. What drama or whatnot he caused in the past is done, cant do nothin bout that now. This is about skill not what he has caused in the past. He is a dope battler n like i said he brings fire in every battle.

v - in

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

this is a tough call for me. since I registered, he's been consistently one of the top names in text battling, and by many accounts this is past his prime. he's had one of the top FL runs ever, and has had a number of dope runs in LLL and Gauntlet (one of which he most likely would have champed). And he's beaten some real beasts en route.

But the main dent is that he hasn't won the big one yet. The LLL Season or Gauntlet, even though he very well could have (which, I believe, would have made this a pretty easy decision to make). He's on the same limbo that Arch is on, where he's certainly Legendary insofar as his raw talent, but he hasn't managed to make the best use of it, for one reason or another. The 1-2 Season is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not the same as an LLL. Personally, I can see why his antics and RB bashing have a negative sway on voters, but all I really care about is what he's done on the site.

This is a really close call, cuz I do agree with both sides of the coin. But because I nominated Arch, and I see GOW as on the same level as Arch, I gotta be consistent and vote yes. It would be a no-brainer if GOW had won one of the Gauntlets or an LLL, but I think he's done just enough to push him over the edge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Look, like 'em or hate 'em, there is no denying that GoW is one of the best cats to battle on RB.
    Beat multiple top tier cats convincingly, one of RB's most decorated members, and always comes
    Dope. Point blank... GoW should be in.
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

tbh, these are all that matter to me.. * = major

6x LLL HW (NICE TO GET THERE.. CAN'T REALLY COMPLAIN BOUT NOT CHAMPIN A SEASON.. KINDA DEPENDS ON WHO WAS IN THAT SEASON)
    2x OM HOF (KINDA MINOR.. BUT SHOWS VERSATILITY)
    1-2 Punch Season 20 Champ (REALLY DEPENDS ON WHO WAS IN THAT SEASON)
    Legendary Text Battle * (CAN'T ARGUE.. IT TAKES TWO DOPE AS VERSES FOR THIS)

FL HOF BATTLE IS DEF NOTED... ALL DEPENDS ON WHO THE BATTLE WAS WITH.. BUT IN ANYCASE.. IT'S HOF FOR A REASON

THEN I TAKE INTO COUNT HE WAS IN GUANTLET FINALS.. AND NO-SHOWED THE FINALS ANOTHER YEAR...

KINDA HARD FOR ME TO DECIDE.. IT'S LIKE HE AINT DO A WHOLE LOT.. BUT IN THE SAME MANNER HE HAS.... BEATING TOP HEADS DONT REALLY MEAN MUCH TO ME UNLESS IT WAS IN THERE PRIME... CAN'T B HAPPY U BEAT A GUY AFTER HE'S CLEARLY FELL OFF.. EVEN IF HE IS STILL REMOTELY GOOD

IMA VOTE UNDECIDED FOR NOW.. IMA KEEP IT A BEAN... I WANNA SAY NO.. BUT I WANNA SAY YES

Maximum Character Limit..
    Battle Record
    11-7

The fact that people are on the fence at all leads me to say no. Other than haters, a Legendary member should be a clear cut decision. There should be no on the fence, there should be no..well, has he really earned it? If someone is Legendary, then it's a no brainer. He's beaten a lot of the top heads...that's great. So have I, and I did it in their prime..but I was lazy and never took things to through to the end. I didn't champ that Gauntlet when I could have, I didn't champ the LLLs that I probably could have...I just got fuckin lazy. He's seen a few things through to the end based on his accomplishments, but as stated before, only some of that matters. One thing I would like to see is how many OM's he's dropped compared to the 2 that he's had inducted. If he's only dropped like...4, that's impressive as fuck. If he's put up a shit ton of OM's and only two have been inducted, that's not really doing much for me. As Philly pointed out, it definitely depends on who was in the Season 20 1-2 punch league for that one to matter, and a variety of other things.

Not to mention seeing that he sabotaged that Gauntlet, that's pretty fucked up. I've already seen him hate voting against people since my short return, and I've only seen one quality battle verse from him since I've been back.

IMO, if GoW deserves in, then I deserve in...and I DON'T deserve in because I haven't put the effort forth.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Based on resume alone I'd vote in..I'll be brutally honest... I never took a liking to GoW's style.. even today I find it questionable that's beat as many top vets as he's supposedly beaten.. but ... I can't argue with facts... whether here, or any other reputable site which favors the short bar format he's accomplished what many take years, and years to do in such a short time.. I'm sure my opinion won't hold as much clout as someone who's been text battling a lot longer than I have n' have a better insight of the scene (n' if that is the case, by all means, discount this submission) but I definitely dabble from time to time to different sites n' see cats like J.Hens, ALIEN, Beyond, Blue Bayou, Hush, n' others rip it up regularly... even as far back as Butler, Fracture, MetaSin, Cryogen n' other cats who were on the B-boys forum.. (wow, almost a decade ago)

Anyway, that's my piece. GoW, in.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

Dude is a faggot most of the time, and I'm still unhappy with his attempts to burn RB. That said, if a legend is based on skill and not character, then he's in. He's climbed every mountain within his field. Just how it is.

v/ in

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

^^word.. I really think that this guy has done some good things for the site as much as he tries to downplay it sometimes. God of War is the perfect "Kanye West" for rapbattles because of his negative attitude combined with his ability to get shit done and show off his talents as a textcee. I really don't think he's a legend in any other category but that.. but the talent he has in that section is definitely present at all times. I think it'd be a definite yes if he was a season champ, but the legendary text battle backs up the accomplishment he hasn't had there.. there's plenty of champions.. there's not plenty of legendary battles. So he gets a solid yes vote from me - if he ever champs a season, that just puts the nail in the coffin.

vote yes

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Long story short, after convincing me why I shouldn't be in, I'd have to say no for the same reasons he said no to me... we've both beaten the top people on the site but our only season champs are 1-2... he had a chance to champ the Gauntlet which would've made him a shoe in... dope? No question... but that one thing would make the difference... so yeah, season champ or tourney and my vote'll change...

Battle Record
    41-15
    Awards 25+ Wins

he bad man
    let me take you to the movies.

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

Quote Originally Posted by The Archetype View Post
    Long story short, after convincing me why I shouldn't be in, I'd have to say no for the same reasons he said no to me... we've both beaten the top people on the site but our only season champs are 1-2... he had a chance to champ the Gauntlet which would've made him a shoe in... dope? No question... but that one thing would make the difference... so yeah, season champ or tourney and my vote'll change...
    yet you voted yes for phlymo based ont he fact he is "dope" and beat alot of people. and when ur nomination was up u didnt even have a league champ yet