User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Basic Questions for Inexperienced Recording Artist

Basic Questions for Inexperienced Recording Artist

All right, so check it:
    I've been wanting to buy some shit for a recording setup. I make roughly $2000 a month and I really wanna do this right. I was researching and I found out that buying a "packaged" deal over the internet using guitar center or zzounds.com was a good idea.
    However, I wanna get the best possible deal for the best quality equipment within a month. Period. The only problem is I have to organzize my budget in a timely fashion.
    I basically want to start making beat and letting loose on the mic. I know a good beginner mic is an AT 2035 mic. And i know FL 9 is good software starting out. But thats about it.
    If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Peace.

Re: Basic Questions for Inexperienced Recording Ar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...85736000000000
    is what i just got and i bought an m audio key station for my midi controller... with that you have a start... and it comes with the m powered pro tools daw... i'm getting and mic and audio interface to upgrade mine but those thing should do you good for a beginner... they do me good and ive been doing this for a long time..

actualy sorry i just tryd to go to the link and saw that its no longer for sale....so i looked and this one is pretty much the same thing with a different audio interface....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...86268000000000

should still do you good....
    Last edited by Scummy; December 26th, 2011 at 08:25 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's probably not a good package. MXL mics are eh. I mean, maybe to start off, but, it depends on a lot of things. Have you recorded before? Exactly what goal are you trying to achieve? If you are wanting to record, and are getting a package to RECORD, I wouldn't waste my time trying to make beats at the same time. They are both, LONG, drawn out processes and take forever to master! Also, it depends on what your budget it, what kind of quality sound you're looking for. Just depends man!

I wanna invest a lot of free time into this, as a real hobby and enthusiast. I'd like to rap above making beats, and I'd like a good package deal with a $600.00 max. to start out.

rap/sing