User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: This guy claims he the best rapper on forums ATM

Battle Record
    7-1

Re: This guy claims he the best rapper on forums ATM

Practice doesn't always make perfect. Some people do get better but not all. I guess you would have to have been in a setting where you see a lotta rappers to understand. It really is like singing, if you don't have the core essentials (a voice capable of holding a note in a singer's instance) your not gonna just magically hit notes after years or u would be trey songs.

If it was really as simple as practice for years and be great there would be a lot more talented artists and I know people that should just give up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

Im the best Forum BBoy dancer..

>-\o

^peep the moves.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Lol ^ wtf.

Battle Record
    64-44

best spic on the forum maybe
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by _Lyrics View Post
    best spic on the forum maybe
    nope that would also be me.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    Practice doesn't always make perfect. Some people do get better but not all. I guess you would have to have been in a setting where you see a lotta rappers to understand. It really is like singing, if you don't have the core essentials (a voice capable of holding a note in a singer's instance) your not gonna just magically hit notes after years or u would be trey songs.

If it was really as simple as practice for years and be great there would be a lot more talented artists and I know people that should just give up.
    ive been doing this shit since like 98 online....well, i dont do it anymore, but....anyway, ANYONE dedicated to doing so, can become great at rap...ive seen thousands upon thousands upon thousands of dudes/chicks doing this shit...ive produced hundreds and hundreds of songs for people....and while i definitely seen my fair share of wack shit, ive never seen someone who stuck with it and didnt get good at what they do eventually....

if you cannot get good at rapping, then youre absolutely retarded....period...

the singer example isnt valid...you dont need to hold a note to rap, you dont need any god given talent....and while it definitely helps to already have the talent to rap naturally, you dont have to...same goes for your voice, it helps to have a hip hoppy type voice...but that doesnt matter either...

i know dudes through these forums who are the most huge faggots you could possibly imagine, with the nerdiest, most nasal voices and all they do is put on a front with their voice, and sound amazing....and its all through practice....

to sell it, you need to appeal to the masses...THAT is a talent that not anyone can have....but just producing rap that sounds good to other people?? that shit is cake....nobody is going to be able to make something that EVERYONE is feeling....but anyone can definitely make a piece that everyone can respect due to the skill involved in making it....

which to me, isnt much of a skill at all...

ive had this discussion a few times on here with people...and it seems hard to grasp, or more that people dont WANT to grasp it....it takes admitting that what one has dedicated a lot of their life to, isnt an actual special talent thats out of reach to others...
    youre nice at what you do dyce, and i respect it, i really do....i mean no disrespect by saying what i said above...thats just my observation though...ive seen folks who can admit it, and folks who cant...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

@Toobs it's cause it's hard to admit when I've seen at least 20 wack rappers for every one that I actually like lol. Why would I admit that everyone can be great at rapping when everyone isn't great at rapping. There's pros in the game who aren't great at balling and they've been doing it their whole life. Same thing with rap. You telling me every old rapper is great? They might be good. But not great. Great isn't perfect. Great can't be practiced. Perfect can be practiced. But being perfect doesn't make you great. There's a big difference. And that difference is the talent that everybody doesn't have.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    ive been doing this shit since like 98 online....well, i dont do it anymore, but....anyway, ANYONE dedicated to doing so, can become great at rap...ive seen thousands upon thousands upon thousands of dudes/chicks doing this shit...ive produced hundreds and hundreds of songs for people....and while i definitely seen my fair share of wack shit, ive never seen someone who stuck with it and didnt get good at what they do eventually....

if you cannot get good at rapping, then youre absolutely retarded....period...

the singer example isnt valid...you dont need to hold a note to rap, you dont need any god given talent....and while it definitely helps to already have the talent to rap naturally, you dont have to...same goes for your voice, it helps to have a hip hoppy type voice...but that doesnt matter either...

i know dudes through these forums who are the most huge faggots you could possibly imagine, with the nerdiest, most nasal voices and all they do is put on a front with their voice, and sound amazing....and its all through practice....

to sell it, you need to appeal to the masses...THAT is a talent that not anyone can have....but just producing rap that sounds good to other people?? that shit is cake....nobody is going to be able to make something that EVERYONE is feeling....but anyone can definitely make a piece that everyone can respect due to the skill involved in making it....

which to me, isnt much of a skill at all...

ive had this discussion a few times on here with people...and it seems hard to grasp, or more that people dont WANT to grasp it....it takes admitting that what one has dedicated a lot of their life to, isnt an actual special talent thats out of reach to others...
    youre nice at what you do dyce, and i respect it, i really do....i mean no disrespect by saying what i said above...thats just my observation though...ive seen folks who can admit it, and folks who cant...
    I hear what you're getting at but just cause you phonically sound better, to me doesn't mean you rap better. I can use myself as an example cause I fit what you are getting at. When I first started, I sucked. No breath control, no clever concepts, poor hooks, lame execution, all that. 5 years later, I rapped better, kinda mixed better, songs still sucked. 5 more years I finally stopped listening to people and quite simply, I just made music I would like that's 100x beyond where I started. To your point, if you work hard enough you get better, but I did this while living life, rap was not full time. So like @Nahlidge said, I poured my spare energy into this and I did what I had to do to get where I'm at but there may be hundreds of people who started at the same time as me but may not be at my level. Am I just supposed to tell them, 'hang in there, anyone can rap'? I dont think so, I'm an advocate of reality, if you do something for a while and you still ain't got it, quit, especially rap. Practicing 20 years don't make you dope, it makes you a slow learner who's never gonna fine tune in time.

I get where you're coming for but its dangerous when you day anyone can rap. People actually think rapping good is a start in the right direction, its not. This industry is one industry where veterans will knowingly screw over newcomers because they don't know any better and also the market share is very thin. You think OGs gonna usher in every dope rapper just cause he practiced? He'll naw. People will rob you blind feeding off your hunger. I always tell people who want to rap, if you dont have money, quit, if you don't have a bunch of people who gonna follow you around and spread the word, quit, if you don't have someone with money who is willing to invest in you, quit, or if you don't have time to throw away failing, quit. Or you can be like me and struggle the hard way with none of that.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    0-2

I hear what you're getting at but just cause you phonically sound better, to me doesn't mean you rap better. I can use myself as an example cause I fit what you are getting at. When I first started, I sucked. No breath control, no clever concepts, poor hooks, lame execution, all that. 5 years later, I rapped better, kinda mixed better, songs still sucked. 5 more years I finally stopped listening to people and quite simply, I just made music I would like that's 100x beyond where I started. To your point, if you work hard enough you get better, but I did this while living life, rap was not full time. So like @Nahlidge said, I poured my spare energy into this and I did what I had to do to get where I'm at but there may be hundreds of people who started at the same time as me but may not be at my level. Am I just supposed to tell them, 'hang in there, anyone can rap'? I dont think so, I'm an advocate of reality, if you do something for a while and you still ain't got it, quit, especially rap. Practicing 20 years don't make you dope, it makes you a slow learner who's never gonna fine tune in time.

I get where you're coming for but its dangerous when you day anyone can rap. People actually think rapping good is a start in the right direction, its not. This industry is one industry where veterans will knowingly screw over newcomers because they don't know any better and also the market share is very thin. You think OGs gonna usher in every dope rapper just cause he practiced? He'll naw. People will rob you blind feeding off your hunger. I always tell people who want to rap, if you dont have money, quit, if you don't have a bunch of people who gonna follow you around and spread the word, quit, if you don't have someone with money who is willing to invest in you, quit, or if you don't have time to throw away failing, quit. Or you can be like me and struggle the hard way with none of that.
    see thats what i've been trying to stress through my last two posts...
    this thread is about forum rappers...the net crowd...
    its a whole different ball game when youre bringing a career and labels and such into the equation....you need to be marketable, have money, have a team behind you etc., etc...all the things you mentioned...

but on this forum shit, selling records is not what equals talent.....when it comes to this forum/internet shit, rap is easy....
    to make a career out of it, not so easy....and also keep in mind, im not someone who indulges much in the music people make careers out of...i honestly like some of these internet dudes music much more so than almost anything i can walk in a store and buy nowadays...

to make an impressive track with a respectable display of skill, easy...

the folks who become great at it, are the ones who listen to others...the ones who take that feedback from those who have been doing it longer and apply it to what theyre doing...

the ones who stay wack, are usually those who got a big head about it and dont listen to shit...they already feel theyve hit that level, and they dont need to progress...so they stay wack...
    if youre willing to come at it humbly, take advice and criticism no matter what form it comes in and try to advance your craft instead of trying to be the best...then youre going to become nice with it, regardless of who you are....unless theres some physical limitation to what you can do...

take Tebo for example.,..that dude sounded like Cartman rapping...hes from the middle of nowhere in Canada...but yet hes advanced his craft to a point to where he can sound urban, and make a good sounding song that folks can give him his props for...hes made a HUGE transition and hes at a point now where on this foprum scene he could be considered 'good' at the shit...

that guy AlphaMetric...this man has dyspraxia... that some shit you really shouldnt even be trying to rap if you have...the man was like the cookie monster on heroin with a dick in his mouth..thats how he sounded when i first heard him....and now, hes been pushin and pushin, and hes at a point here he can stay on beat, has a lil rhythm to him and such now...and i feel that even though he has dyspraxia and all the problems he has with it, if he keeps pushing, he could be dope as hell....

Wez Niles... that dude is a fucking douchenozzle and a half...cant stand him, would love to slap him in the mouth...but, way back when, his shit was half assed as hell, and while he thought he was rapping and shit..it was more like spoken word....but hes now at a point where he can hang with folks like Loose Logic on a track...and its all because he dedicated himself and practiced..
    this dude is a rich kid, grew up living in a guest wing of his father house...he talks like he came straight out revenge of the nerds, and im guessing was born with the rhythm of stephen hawkings...
    but now, the dude is nice as fuck with it....

at the core of it all, rap is just talking with rhythm, man...of course theres a lot more to it...but thats the basic fundamental action you do when rapping...and thats not something thats THAT hard to accomplish....sure, it takes some longer than others...but if you have the want, then you can mold yourself into it...

Battle Record
    0-2

i guess the simplest way to say it is, its a talent you can EARN...through dedication to it....its not a skill that is off limits to anyone who isnt born wiht it or excels at it off the bat...

Battle Record
    7-1

Tebo rap?

to make an impressive track with a respectable display of skill, easy...
    Disagree, kids need to step they game up. That's what people told me.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    0-2

Tebo rap?

Disagree, kids need to step they game up. That's what people told me.
    yeah Tebo raps...dudes come a long ass way from when i first heard him...

Battle Record
    7-1

@Tebo step your game up, @Toobs said you good but still wack

Leave me alone

Stranger

this should be prefixed as music tumbass.

Stranger

ever noticed when you type an essay to toobs, he comes back with a longer one lol?