User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: The Wolves of Velvet Fortune

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Lightbulb The Wolves of Velvet Fortune

The Wolves of Velvet Fortune
    - by Professor Frost

Run, run, run run run
    Here they come…Here they come...
    Run, run, run run run
    Run, run, run run run
    Run, run, run run run.....
    .....Here they come

If we should stand against oppression's chute, hand in hand?
    Like a marching band, the instruments of death will shoot
    Suits will eschew our 'cock eyed views' with Popeye brutes
    Stop our shoes, from walking forth and adopt our rules
    Let's drink ourselves from debt, this holy water is the sacred procession
    The way of the leverage could stop forces of a satanist's possession
    We've waited for credit to pay off the weight of the question
    Wolves: "You paying or debit? Serve us or pray for a blessing"

I never thought
    I could see the elevator of hell
    Cause the way this is heading,
    All things bought
    Will have no more stories to tell
    When we choose to stay with the weapon
    There's roads here where wrath is crossed
    And I see a ray
    Coming down from the heavens
    I'll pave a path for the lost
    Cause a true artist can play
    With the settings

Snipers with Pinocchio noses close down the booths
    Nobody’s phoning back home, this zone is the coupe
    Let's reuse unproven theories to beat truth
    Let’s go & let’s go back, retract & regroup
    Rendezvous by the nearest church’s wings,
    The people crowd the aisles, the owlish choir sings,
    With their frigid & rigid teeth chattering
    The tower’s bell --....*RINGS*...
    "Oh shit!", they destroyed the steeple; scattering,
    The building. Resonating smoke, detonating with deep pattering
    This is the recipe of life's crossover, you feel defeat's patterning
    This movie had a 'behind the scenes' that battered the filming
    High velocities of ammunition shattered the ceiling
    Children prance with loud calls like disoriented deployed seagulls
    Tanks pound missile twin-strikes like heroin addicts with conjoined needles
    Silence fell upon them all..the glass shards fluttered down into stairs, so lush~ ..
    ..CRUSHED FLAIRS OF DUST, compress the air's rust like sin-spiked cylinders of diesel
    Fresh crates of Sacred Scriptures spill out of shelves to vacant listeners
    One of them shouted out for divine action from the great brothers & amazing sisters,
    “Let us praise to sinners!!!!!...” *BOOOOOOM
    Then a blaze triggers;
    Black bombs break the barrier of heat
    Terrors release nightmares of Elm's carrier Street
    Pivoting feet & riveting to the community’s weak & most elites
    Gyrations, each rose seats; meeting bass levels of East Coast beats
    The armed forces charged at miles per hour, golden-chrome Porches
    Helicopter propellers spelled the deceitful power of Trojan Rome horses
    Perplexing bullets speed by light, cloaked in invisible agility
    Burning of biblical chapters, teaming with screams of physical raptures
    These sheep howled to heaven’s hollow moon, to trigger some ability
    The herd's cries went unheard; this revelation caused a mental massacre...

An overcast of cataclysmic ebony has brought sun
    It's ravishing rays of remedy, answering songs sung
    We aimed for mercy, at the edge of our tongue
    -Murdering of suffering-, here we come, here we come

The Great Velvet Death is the release of stress
    Appeasing to teasing souls that endure pain's covered debt
    Let us transcend forever from this plane of regret
    Disdain hovers, set... on the creased lips of the deceased
    Carnage is singing notes to the floor; blood clinging to a Jesus piece
    Egregious priests' wishes only lead to whips that feast-
    On the clips that sheathe the satirical comedy that is reality's alacrity
    To say these unlucky sheep had God sent destiny, is a fallacy's tragedy

Months after the slaughter of the Velvet Sheep...

Their paws dug deep into the snow, this was the everglade
    The pack moved swiftly, together they forever stayed
    The woodlands that surround them, prone to decadence
    Winter has moved in, removed their home’s dressed essence
    A pressed presence, has begin to haunt their broken souls
    Not a single inch of snow yet they felt icy fear; frozen cold
    The chosen fold up like cautious gamers of high stake poker
    The balances of peace; the wolves would lie, rape & choke her
    Both sides are dead, essentially; who is next? What's your grazed affinity?
    Do you worship a deity? 1 or 3? And praise to infinity?
    What about me? I'm just your story's narrator, searching signatures of synergies
    Cursive galaxies swirl into well-refined conditioners of energies
    I mock the locked treasures of the higher place, you all desire taste
    But your want for more...and more...and more... has blocked pleasures
    The false wings you drew from the church's haven was just stocked feathers
    Now you'll see a perspective-full that is on the peripherals of your spectacle
    If this fortune hasn't satisfied your hunger, you'll find the universe to be delectable

Without unity all else will crumble
    When will the sheep learn
    Maybe when the skies fall, the ground rumbles
    & the flames of deep burn
    Last edited by OG Maestro; July 4th, 2014 at 09:46 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Re: The Wolves of Velvet Fortune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    0-1

Yo... God Damn Frost! I stopped at "Terrors release nightmares of Elm's carrier Street"

Remember when I told you about when I read Sun Tzu how I could only read one chapter at a time to fully absorb it... I just had to book mark this and recommend to others one paragraph at a time to fully absorb the mastery in it.

Seriously, how does it feel to have written something THIS legendary? You must be so proud cause like I am just proud to know you right now. Talking about some play open mic shit... (eyes rolling) ... are you fucking kidding me?!??!?!?!?! LoL

Stranger

damn you can't read this verse without having a dictionary next to you, I like abstract pieces like this with complex vocabulary the stupid wouldn't understand.

we have similar rhyming styles, but your spin on it is top notch with ur usage of vocab, I can also feel your confidence and passion as a writer, which is what most people are lacking.

here are some of my favorites:

I liked how you transitioned from this rhyme scheme to rendezvous.

Do you worship a deity? 1 or 3? & mouth devout praise to infinity?
    What about me? I'm just your story's narrator, searching signatures of synergies

I would of took the same approach here giving that I write about god/ religion a lot

I just quoted my favorites here but you had a lot of dope lines I didn't mention, This is what stood out to me.
    I would love to do a collab with you one day.

Awards SS HOF SS HW Champion SS Season Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member OM HOF

the great velvet death.

lol @ dictionary. shut up dia.
    I'm here to break my own ball and chain..

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    damn you can't read this verse without having a dictionary next to you, I like abstract pieces like this with complex vocabulary the stupid wouldn't understand.

Word? I didn't wanna be verbose or anything I just wanted to really stress the situation and the sentiments that should be felt. I wanted the reader to feel what I was saying, by detail. From the tank's missile attacks, to how the blood clung to a Jesus piece, to how the wolves wandered aimlessly searching for worth at the end.
    I'm glad you enjoyed this bro.

we have similar rhyming styles, but your spin on it is top notch with ur usage of vocab, I can also feel your confidence and passion as a writer, which is what most people are lacking.

Yeah man, I slept on you your first two battles. And then...you did a NS verse that astounded the fuck out of me. It was the topic with the "mind/tactic" shit. And the picture with the guy with the stick in the river. (vague lol) But, that verse showed me you're experienced. And honestly, it was weird making the transition into where I am now.

Being champ for a while and upgrading in my status gave me confidence for 1 reason. It gave me all the more reason to humble my mouth and let the words fly out with swagger. The passion was there since day 1. Since being in LLL and getting L after L after L in the weeks. I try to always give things a try and stick with it.

People just need incentive most of the time. RB, the people, are my incentive. Not a grand prize or a mod ship, or anything.

here are some of my favorites:

I liked how you transitioned from this rhyme scheme to rendezvous.

I enjoyed that section, quite a lot. I actually edited the first 2 lines' multi rhyme scheming into it later on when I finalized the verse. I wanted to keep the pace up. I edited a lot of things. Never satisfied, honestly.

Yep! This is for the real lyricists. the people that can scope out the flow in that section are truly blessed and I try to reward you guys with fun rhymes and imagery. Of course, I'm never satisfied and I've edited that section a bunch of times.

I would of took the same approach here giving that I write about god/ religion a lot

I fucking love that part! I really get to come down to Earth with you all. It feels good getting my ideology out there.
    The last line has a deep meaning for me, personally.

I just quoted my favorites here but you had a lot of dope lines I didn't mention, This is what stood out to me.
    I would love to do a collab with you one day.
    Thanks for reading and taking the time out to feed too, Dia. That means a lot to me.

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by CLA919 View Post
    Yo... God Damn Frost! I stopped at "Terrors release nightmares of Elm's carrier Street"

Remember when I told you about when I read Sun Tzu how I could only read one chapter at a time to fully absorb it... I just had to book mark this and recommend to others one paragraph at a time to fully absorb the mastery in it.

Seriously, how does it feel to have written something THIS legendary? You must be so proud cause like I am just proud to know you right now. Talking about some play open mic shit... (eyes rolling) ... are you fucking kidding me?!??!?!?!?! LoL
    Yeah you did, and I saved your notes too. I read them every other day. You have a really nice mind, that Alexander the Great/tactician mind.

I probably shouldn't do long drops like this. Wealth of knowledge = Poverty of attention. That's part of the reason I don't like to sit still for too long listening to the same thing. It bores me.
    Gotta balance it out better next time I come up with a story.

And It feels great to just get my mind out there. I'm proud to know you Clam Chowder, and lmfaooooo @ play open mic shit. ; ) (smile n wink)

Battle Record
    2-6

This whole thing was dope. It was long.. But it didn't bother me because it was long and captivating and not long and boring. Your vocabulary is 100. I'm a multi junkie, like I think that's key to a great flow.. And ur multis were above par.

One of my fav lines were when the wolves say you paying or debit? Serve us or pray for a blessing".... That! And The Velvet death is the release of stress appeasing to teasing souls that endure pain's covered debt ...
    What about me? I'm just your story's narrator, searching signatures of synergies.. Cursor galaxies swirl into well refined conditioners of energies << love

The Wolves of Velvet Fortune is borderline genius my g! Some parts I had to read trice but that's just cause I'm borderline retarded.excellent!

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by MsPush View Post
    This whole thing was dope. It was long.. But it didn't bother me because it was long and captivating and not long and boring. Your vocabulary is 100. I'm a multi junkie, like I think that's key to a great flow.. And ur multis were above par.

Aye....thank you that made me feel better about the drop's length.
    And here's a side note: It takes a passionate writer to read long texts like this and then assess it.
    That shows dedication.
    So, for reading this entire thing, thank you. Thank you so much.

One of my fav lines were when the wolves say you paying or debit? Serve us or pray for a blessing".... That!

I fuckin love that line. It's true shit too if you connect to real life.

And The Velvet death is the release of stress appeasing to teasing souls that endure pain's covered debt ...
    What about me? I'm just your story's narrator, searching signatures of synergies.. Cursor galaxies swirl into well refined conditioners of energies << love

(heart) Hell yeah...those lines are references to my poetry. Means way more to me, personally, than the imagery they depict.

The Wolves of Velvet Fortune is borderline genius my g! Some parts I had to read trice but that's just cause I'm borderline retarded.excellent!
    Thank you for reading this lil Push. I'm just trying to learn what this all means. all the shit I go through and what it all means.
    And you ain't borderline retarded. If you truly are, then you don't think as if you were.

Peace

Battle Record
    11-1

Professor Frost, you are quite the professor when it comes to writing some dope shit huh? lol

this piece was long so i'm not going to quote anything, BUT i can assure you that i did not let that dwindle the dopeness of this drop. Brilliant craftsmanship here, you wove words together in a fabulous way, creating imagery out of this world. I could picture everything, feel every emotion...it was a journey for sure. Sweet crisp flows, each stanza brought it's own vividness to the piece. Your word choices are fantastic, and i am a fan of complexity within pieces so this was a masterpiece in that category. I am really glad i read this, yes it was long and some may slack hard with reading and feeding, but this definitely deserves some recognition because this was some serious fucking shit my friend and i really liked the whole concept, the title, the way you wrote it. it was action packed, creative, and detailed...vivid imagery...good word choices, flow, multies, BAM the recipe for dopeness, u got it bro. awesome piece here without a doubt. thanks for the read buddy, keep it up. -ill
    W a r r i o r O f L i g h t

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

@Professor Frost here's your desired harsh critique:

That first little run run thang was cool, coupled with the "wolves" in the title it made the piece instantly feel like a nursery rhyme/fairytale. The Brothers Grimm type, tho, not the rockabye baby shit. The Brothers Grimm had some dope story concepts and storytelling ability, so cool way to create a general atmosphere around the piece straight up. I would count this more as a "Forward" than the actual first stanza/part of a piece tho. It's that little flavour authors add to the page BEFORE the first page of the first chapter, know what I mean?

So the piece really starts with the line "For if we should stand..." - bad way to start a piece. A sentence starting with "For" always has a preceding sentence/s that are integral to the point it is conveying. Same as when people start their shit with "And blah blah blah" - it can feel good to write like that because it feels like you're already halfway through a speech and you already have your audience's full attention, but it is BAD ENGLISH. Don't do it. It's cheap, and it cheapens your piece.

The rhyming structure of the first stanza is all out of whack; it reads like you've tried to make shit rhyme without bothering with the structure of it. Rhymes willy-nilly. First line rhymes with halfway thru the second line, second and third lines rhyme, along with halfway thru the fourth, but the fourth line doesn't rhyme with shit, and then the last four lines rhyme?? What is this nonsense, man? You've obviously put effort into making things rhyme here and there, but without any structure to it there's really no point. Too easy, too amateurish.

Third stanza - again no syllable structure. I won't rave on about it, but you know my thoughts on that already. Biggest problem with this stanza is you say your own name. Don't do that, man. If you use it as a metaphor or whatever like "My name is Reformation", that's interesting and cool and says something about the character in the piece. But don't snap the audience out of the piece to remind them who the author is. It's needless and interrupts the flow of reading.

Fourth stanza - this is a great example of why I don't like OM. You don't know if you're trying to write a song, a story, or a poem, and it comes off as a bad mish-mash of the three very different writing styles. You've got the first four lines from a rap song, the next three are written more poetically, and then you've got "The tower's bell --.... *RINGS*.../"Oh shit!" - which is a writing style that really only fits prose narrative. You see what I mean? OM doesn't know what it wants to be, there's no unified writing style and it tends to just clash all the shit you like from all different sources. Sometimes it can work I guess, but in my opinion 99% of the time it doesn't. One writing style per piece, for the sake of cohesion and continuity.

Fifth red stanza - I liked this, despite the syllable count. Taken out of context of the rest of the piece it felt very rounded and well written. In context it skips straight from a stanza of "their"s and "them"s to a "we", which can be confusing. Try not to skip thru too many character perspectives in one piece, it makes it harder to follow.

Sixth stanza - This feels like we're back to rhyming for rhyming's sake. Same deal as the first stanza, it's song-writing style, where you just fit whatever rolls off the tongue sounding cool together. A hard contrast to the fifth stanza, where your use of language was focused on imagery and the portrayal of a concept rather than rhyming.

Red line - not a stanza, just a break between sections. I see you've capitalised 'Velvet Sheep' - if you do this, make sure you do it everywhere in the text. You shouldn't be capitalising some times and not other times when referring to the same object/person/group. If it's 'sheep' in the text it should be 'sheep' everywhere in the text. For example, in a book the first paragraph has "The patrol officer ate lunch" while another paragraph has "Across the road she could see the Patrol Officer" - you gotta choose one way of writing it and stick with it.

Seventh stanza - As stanzas 1 and 6, the focus is on rhyming. You still manage to convey your ideas and get your story thru, which is good.

Eighth stanza/outro thang - "Without unity, all else will crumble" - since unity is not an actual identifiable object itself, what exactly does "all else" refer to? All else requires an exception; it is not the same as "all things". It is ALL ELSE OTHER THAN X. 'Without unity, all things will crumble' is a correct sentence. But all else is not. "Life is like baking a cookie: without unity's egg, all else will crumble" is a correct sentence because it gives the exception; the all else and the egg. All else requires an extra object. Unity alone cannot be that object, but you can use an object to represent it; unity's egg. I dunno if that cleared that up or made it more confusing lol.

Alright, let's recap. What you've got here is a piece with A) an interesting story concept, and B) great use of language. You write extremely well, often using uncommon words, and expertly weave them together to make unique statements and convey interesting ideas within the overall frame of your story. Unfortunately, without a solid structure or cohesive, continuous and singular writing style throughout, the piece as a whole suffers linguistically. You've got all the right materials to build a bitchin house, but you gotta get the framework right first or the whole thing's worth shit in the end.

A good read that, with refinement, could have been a semi-professional piece worth publication. Take this feed for what you will.

You've Earned a Custom Title! zonez's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: The Wolves of Velvet Fortune

Read this a couple times, then read it aloud. Helps to convey the message when read aloud. No dictionary was needed except for the word alacrity. I like these portions especially:

"Cause a true artist can play
    With the settings" ... so very true. And you 'played' with the 'setting' of this piece quite well...

"Snipers with Pinocchio noses close down the booths
    Nobody’s phoning back home, this zone is the coupe
    The building. Resonating smoke, resonating with deep pattering
    This is the recipe of life's crossover, you feel defeat's patterning
    This movie had a 'behind the scenes' that battered the filming
    High velocities of ammunition shattered the ceiling
    Children prance with loud calls like disoriented deployed seagulls
    Tanks pound missile twin-strikes like heroin addicts with conjoined needles
    Silence fell upon them all..the glass shards fluttered down into stairs, so lush~ ..
    ..CRUSHED FLAIRS OF DUST, compress the air's rust like sin-spiked cylinders of diesel
    One of them shouted out for divine action from the great brothers & amazing sisters,
    “Let us praise to sinners!!!!!...” " ... this whole section, I was in awe. The first 2 bars I can't get enough of. Also the
    Sacred Scriptures line, amazing multi syllable magic. This is probably my favorite
    section though its hard to choose since the whole thing is top notch lyricism. Oh and
    the last line seems to have typo, should be 'let us give praise to sinners'?...

"Burning of biblical chapters, teaming with screams of physical raptures
    These sheep howled to heaven’s hollow moon, to trigger some ability
    The herd's cries went unheard; this revelation caused a mental massacre..." ... I read my bible a lot(not religious but
    very spirtual) and these lines jumped out
    and grabbed me by the heart...

"An overcast of cataclysmic ebony has brought sun
    It's ravishing rays of remedy, answering songs sung
    We aimed for mercy, at the edge of our tongue
    -Murdering of suffering-, here we come, here we come" ... if you can't tell by now I am a big fan of short lines.
    Especially when they are more descriptive than long, drawn
    out, multi syllable, on and on, well you get the point. These
    lines read aloud quite well might I add...

"Their paws dug deep into the snow, this was the everglade
    The pack moved swiftly, together they forever stayed
    The woodlands that surround them, prone to decadence
    Winter has moved in, removed their home’s dressed essence
    A pressed presence, has begin to haunt their broken souls
    Not a single inch of snow yet they felt icy fear; frozen cold
    The chosen fold up like cautious gamers of high stake poker
    The balances of peace; the wolves would lie, rape & choke her
    Both sides are dead, essentially; who is next? What's your grazed affinity?
    Cursive galaxies swirl into well-refined conditioners of energies
    I mock the locked treasures of the higher place, you all desire taste
    But your want for more...and more...and more... has blocked pleasures
    The false wings you drew from the church's haven was just stocked feathers
    Now you'll see a perspective-full that is on the peripherals of your spectacle
    If this fortune hasn't satisfied your hunger, you'll find the universe to be delectable"
    ... first and last bars were delectable, no pun intended. The deity line did not read well aloud, this is the only I would
    say needs modification. Perhaps 'Do you worship a deity? 1, maybe 3? Mouth giving devout praise to infinity?'...

"Without unity all else will crumble.
    When will the sheep learn.
    Maybe when the skies fall, the ground stumbles
    & the flames of deep burn" ... of course I liked this part. Although replacing 'stumbles' with rumbles might make more
    sense.

I greatly enjoyed reading, re-reading and dissecting this piece thank you for referring me to do. Hope that my input has helped here and look forward to reading more of your work.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Professor Frost, your piece here is action packed and full, I mean FULL of imagery.
    There’s so much detail helping the atmosphere.
    That detail is off the Richter.

I like the way it opens …

“Run, run, run run run
    Run, run, run run run
    Run, run, run run run
    Run, run, run run run.....
    .....Here they come” ----------check that build!

Then, the story plays out. It’s strong in content, and linguistically.
    I like the multis, and the rhymes. I would have liked more rhymes from you though.
    It didn’t flow religiously through-out, but still had an individual beat that goes onto a new individual beat.

I thought you had a lot of emotion in this.

There was a lot going on and with the exceptional playing of words, it’s just so full on.

My favourite lines:

“Let's drink ourselves from debt, this holy water is the sacred procession
    We've waited for credit to pay off the weight of the question
    Wolves: "You paying or debit? Serve us or pray for a blessing"

“never thought
    I could see the elevator of hell”

“Let's reuse unproven theories to beat truth
    Let’s go & let’s go back, retract & regroup”

“Rendezvous by the nearest church’s wings,
    The building. Resonating smoke, resonating with deep pattering
    This is the recipe of life's crossover, you feel defeat's patterning”

“Silence fell upon them all..the glass shards fluttered down into stairs, so lush~ ..
    “Let us praise to sinners!!!!!...”

There’s actually too much I like for me to quote.
    The imagery gets me all cut up and I could quote nearly every line, but I won’t.

I’ll just end with this. This ending rocks.

“Without unity all else will crumble.
    When will the sheep learn.
    Maybe when the skies fall, the ground stumbles
    & the flames of deep burn”

Great work Professor, people like me, look up to your talent.
    Look up to your imagery and vocab, and admire your gift.

Great read.
    Last edited by Emily; May 14th, 2014 at 06:25 AM Reason: Now why would I want to point out my flaws?

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrious. View Post
    Professor Frost, you are quite the professor when it comes to writing some dope shit huh? lol

this piece was long so i'm not going to quote anything, BUT i can assure you that i did not let that dwindle the dopeness of this drop. Brilliant craftsmanship here, you wove words together in a fabulous way, creating imagery out of this world. I could picture everything, feel every emotion...it was a journey for sure. Sweet crisp flows, each stanza brought it's own vividness to the piece. Your word choices are fantastic, and i am a fan of complexity within pieces so this was a masterpiece in that category. I am really glad i read this, yes it was long and some may slack hard with reading and feeding, but this definitely deserves some recognition because this was some serious fucking shit my friend and i really liked the whole concept, the title, the way you wrote it. it was action packed, creative, and detailed...vivid imagery...good word choices, flow, multies, BAM the recipe for dopeness, u got it bro. awesome piece here without a doubt. thanks for the read buddy, keep it up. -ill
    I appreciate the detailed feed man. I didn't think you would enjoy it this much. I'll have to play around with this storyline stuff a bit more and see where that goes.

Yeah, and the stanzas in my writing usually are used to change a perspective or introduce something new in the story. I know sometimes it gets confusing because it's all over the place but I tried to be linear as possible in this piece. Which is hard as fuck in my hectic mind.

Thanks for reading though, I respect the hustle your eyes put in to finish it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
    the great velvet death.

lol @ dictionary. shut up dia.
    lol. thanks for saying this.