User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Help with Flow?

Help with Flow?

Hello, im trying to write a new song.. but i still cannot flow right, ill try to write to an instrumental but too many words will be in one bar and it doesn't match up right and it doesn't sound natural, if someone could kinda give me some tips or walk me through the steps of rapping to a beat it would be much appreciated my skype is WhosDelly

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Re: Help with Flow?

The fuck?

TBH, if you can't write to a beat THEN chances are you shouldn't be writing or trying to make a track.

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    The fuck?

TBH, if you can't write to a beat THEN chances are you shouldn't be writing or trying to make a track.
    I just need a little bit of help, i'm not a bad lyricist... i just need a little help with a rhyme scheme or flow to write to a beat

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Using multi syllables help. Keeping it simple with just end rhymes can be a bit difficult depending on how long your lines are. Drop a bar of yours and I'll show you how you can change it up/condense it for an instrumental.

Is it a fast pace beat?

No, it's actually slow.. something like this..

8 bars:

It's been a few years since i've been back
    guess when i left you put the town on your back and hit that track [run the town]
    When i left i trusted you too pick up the slack
    and you came through
    i knew i could trust you
    I always have always will
    seems like when mom died things got real
    Stay up little bro, i know how you feel.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

@DellyTheKid @Amen , this has been moved to the appropriate forum.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

I will brake down how to flow to a beat for you tomorrow some time in the afternoon. Make sure you stick around or I won't bother
    カミノコトバ

Alright man thanks, ill be here or you can add me on skype. WhosDelly

1. Watch this music video
    2. Put on this instrumental
    3. Copy flow w/ your own rhymes ex: "Came down the block like whoa/ beats made the street rock like whoa..."
    It doesn't matter if your rhymes are fresh or not, all that matters is that you get the TIMING down (this is also a good track to learn to freestyle to b/c of it's tight, repetative structure).

One thing effecting your flow maybe that your stuffing too many words or syllables into your bars. This is a problem of a lot of new MC's who go through the "Dictionary Phase". They try and use big words or put long complicated thoughts into their bar. You may need to count your syllables and see if you can cut some words out or use a different, shorter word. You could even replace a statement with a metaphor. Instead of saying "Hanging in crib/ smoke a lot of weed" say " Hanging in the crib/ burn a forest" that's 2 syllables shorter and conveys the same thought in a figurative manner.

Another aspect of flow is the transition between words, bars and thoughts. Transitioning between thoughts hs more to do with song and story structure. I'll focus more on the technical aspect. Alliteration and Consonation will help you in transitioning between words and bars. Alliteration is using the same vowel or consonant ie "Wrecking and ruining rappers" Consonation is the use of words with different vowels and consonats, you normally find them inside the bar ie "Police can't ignore this/ it was morbid how I left their organs porous" Ignore, morbid, organ, pourous are have the same 'Or' sound but begin differently. The point of all this is that by using the same sounds you can transition easier between words. The 1st verse is a great example:

EDIT: Suggested listening for how to flow and overall swag your shit out, Snoop's entire "Doggystyle" album. He made spelling words like D-O-Double-G sound cool.
    Last edited by fo'trill; August 10th, 2014 at 03:18 PM

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    The fuck?

everybody starts from somewhere. this statement is false

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

true, Amen is just retarded.
    カミノコトバ