User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Week VIII Magazine

Battle Record
    11-5

Week VIII Magazine

SACRED SCRIPTURES SEASON XIII

Week VIII Magazine

Alright everyone, welcome to Week 9 of Season XIII! First and foremost, thank you to everyone for showing up and making this last week a sick one! Lots of good drops. The competition within this league is quite fierce, so everyone should be proud of themselves for that for sure.

Moving forward, Week IX and Week X will be the last two weeks of the Regular Season. Been giving it some thought and listening to some feedback, and it just makes sense to try and wrap up the season and playoffs hopefully by mid-September to have a bit of a break, and then make way for Season XIV! From what I hear, the winter months are much more active (which makes sense honestly). Hopefully then a proper 12-14 week format can be restored, with a lot more battlers and active heads!

Just a reminder, VOTING IS SUPPOSED TO CLOSE SUNDAY NIGHT. Moving forward, this is going to be enforced more, and I WILL be watching for those vote links as well.

So, enjoy Week IX, and I hope you enjoy the magazine. It is short again, I know, but I hope it still enjoyable with the addition of some advanced statistics to help track your progress more!

Good luck to all the writers this week.

STANDINGS:

1. DEV - 7-1-0, 14 Points. Streak: 2 Wins

2. L.E - 5-1-0, 10 Points. Streak: 1 Loss

3. 143 - 3-4-1, 6 Points. Streak: 2 Losses

4. Antihero - 2-0-0, 4 Points. Streak: 2 Wins

5. Professor Frost - 2-1-0, 4 Points. Streak: 1 Win

6. Mic S - 1-2-0, 2 Points. Streak: 1 Win

7. Plexus - 0-0-0, 0 Points. Streak: Did Not Compete Week 8

8. Samajae - 0-0-1, 0 Points. Streak: 1 Loss

Signed Out

zonez - 3-5-0, 6 Points. Streak: NO SHOW

BATTLE RECAP:

Champion Match: L.E Vs. DEV

The rematch of the Week 6 Champ Match, this is pretty much as close of a battle as it could have came, as largely it came down to the preference of the readers. DEV and I exchanged votes and leads a couple of times, but DEV ultimately reclaimed the title by a score of 3-2.

Contender Match: Enterprise/Details Vs. Antihero

A great display of unique skill sets by both. Details is really shaping up to be a sick writer, and his potential his quite wide. Antihero came with a slick structure and that veteran presence that was hard to overcome, however, and Antihero toppled it by a score of 6-0.

Mic S Vs. 143 Vs. Samajae

A hugely slept on battle that should have received a lot more attention than it did. All three came with great pieces that tackled the same topic. Each had their own style, but it was ultimately Mic S's strong jump from the previous week that made him prevail by being the only one to have a vote.

zonez Vs. Professor Frost

Disappointing that this battle did not go down, or that no material was even mustered from it. Things happen, we move forward.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK:

Week VIII Champion Match: L.E Vs. DEV

I am not one to toot my own horn by any means, but I think most would agree judging by how the votes progressed. Ever since I joined the league, I appreciated DEV's style and knew he would be a top competitor for me to face and so far he as not disappointed at all. Looking forward to the next time we meet up!

Here is a second look at the verses:

Originally Written by DEV:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...lp-d7tmlpm.jpg
    Ever since a kid the lure of the unknown captivated...
    The unsure and the unexplained, but was it fabricated?
    Either way it created the path I was taking, 'was fascinated...
    Infatuated by the task of catching, baiting a sasquatch
    With the wild North-American basin as backdrop...
    My last shot, I brought everything from basics to laptop...
    With cam traps watching to catch snaps of this last lost...
    Great Ape-like mascot of the vast plot of grass, rock...
    With tapered trees, pointed, like they're ready to blast off
    Lakes so still they could almost be tables with glass tops,
    reflecting back the expanse in a glance that brings home the chance...
    That bipedalism aint just in humans, other hominids advanced!
    Passed the Neanderthal ranks, even homo-erectus...
    In the recesses they're left with, now affective defences
    They've perfected it against us, against being detected
    I pitched tent that first night, the objective; to set it all up
    'Got shit connected, pressed record, then left it to luck
    Crept with baited breath back to my tent under bush
    Covered up so much I nearly crept straight passed it...
    That night I slept erratic like asthmatics outta breath in a panic
    But I managed! though the next morning was manic...
    Without stalling I vanished all dramatic back to the wilderness
    Had my cam captured on film this primitive innocence?
    Riveted and vigilant I watched back the images...
    With clinical eyes, at my pinnacle, alive an on a high...
    With fingers crossed I continued to search for this shy...
    ...Elusive creature that strides.
    Didn't see it, but sure I heard it cry, I hit rewind
    To try and verify in my mind, skipping to the tape time...
    And listened... listened... excited to find it, priceless!
    Behind my silent smile I was hyped with...
    A tight grip on the device which might trip megabyte clips
    Thus proving right that life's mixed and bigfoots exist
    The next step was this; persist, so I switched it up a gear...
    Doubled up on kit, equipped like boy scout of the year
    No doubts in my ear, the frontier was here...
    It was so near I could almost smell its musky essence
    Its presence, there was a tension progressively present
    Conceptually dressed in the fluorescence I'm emitting
    For the next 12 weeks I was incessant, driven, chipping...
    ...Away at the grid I'd positioned, it'd become a routine
    Like a drug that you need, I breathed it, didn't sleep
    Then one morning could have screamed, I'd pictured the scene...
    Since a teen in my dreams, now between the greenery...
    Framed by scenery, stood this mysterious beast
    Delirious with tears down my cheek, I sneaked beneath...
    The leafs and branches, closer, like a stealthy soldier
    Lower than the undergrowth to avoid exposure
    It was a lengthy process but it worked a treat
    I'd be the first to meet and greet, just then a creek...
    From beneath my feet alerted the nervous beast
    It stood full reach, released a deep roaring growl
    Was it tryna talk somehow? I paused! it pounced!
    Its claws pronounced, last thing a saw before the ground
    As it tore about my flesh my page refreshed
    Reality check! all that's left is the face and breath...
    Of rage itself: a Grizzly busy with me, ripping quickly
    I felt Dizzy, sickly, as it swiftly flipped me
    The pain hit me, with sight misty and the light fading...
    Knew there was no escaping, now the pain was paling
    No more aching, no heart racing, just the sound of birds
    The wordless chorus and verse of the earth
    To me: the perfect service cos I never did like church!

Originally Written By L.E:

I Reckon She Is Lost

Lightning displays amazing, the rain beating, leaking like faucets,
    No sequence or sockets, can unlock this gate to the reaches of prophets.
    Heavenly soar above the clouds, the sun's warmth sweeter than chocolate,
    Careening the pockets, wings teasing the tiny clouds that are teeming with droplets.
    Freedom to face, gaze at the space: I am rich even though my pockets are empty,
    Hymns sung in softest of medley, amongst storms glittering, galactic bodies aplenty.
    I rock in wind steady...in Heaven, I can fly like I pressed rockets against me!
    But then my flight is in plight, when our captain descends as he drops to me gently.
    The plate of his steel, his strength is graced by the length of his shield,
    Scars that have healed, a belt flashing with light as many blades are unveiled.
    With courageous of feathers, I tether myself to the frame in the vein of the weather,
    He came with some letters, he says... "It is now. There is a place you can make better."
    He passes the papers, gold and shining with grains engraved in the parchment,
    Like they had proclaimed me as Sergeant, my soul could not contain the enlargement!
    I give a lunge and a squeeze, my wings flap, I run and jump for the sun and the breeze...
    ...Someone's in need! You see, an angel is only fulfilled when he is done with his deeds!

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ko-d7tm6gs.jpg

And I had run with the seed, vowed to fulfill my task even if the sun would recede,
    "You must not be undone by their greed," the captain does what it is done to impede,
    Any of lust or disease, of the flesh of man, for some are in love with the feed,
    How was one to succeed? Well...I guess that had its own, devoted subject to read.
    "Take this stone, if you ever find yourself in trouble, and this will replace you to home."
    Gaze upon the crystal, my mortal hands shaking, but giving thanks for what he shown.
    Regain focus, the earth grows ferocious as the world expands through the portal,
    Somehow, I feel bland and remorseful, I walk to stand into the lands of the mortal!
    I fell through courses, of life and souls, plummeting through pain and through corpses,
    I am flayed with the forces, of transportation energy, until I lay among rain and dim torches.
    I raise to gaze upon horses...the strangest arrangement to lay in places it grazes,
    The rider turned her frame and its gracious, hair flowing, I see the most amazing of faces!
    Her eyes placed into spaces, hair of amber red, and turning my brain into mazes,
    Retracing my paces, I may be an angel, but her beauty would be insane to my races'.
    It has my speech intertwined, the sequence design impairing my deepness of mind,
    She reaches her hand as help, but my secret inside is that it would be her that needs mine...

She is cautious as she approaches, I did not realize her true beauty until she is closest,
    My purpose was in focus, I was a guardian for her life to prevent a version that is hopeless.
    A virgin in quotient, and my story, I could only hope she could not tell it as lie,
    Life is wet in her eyes, "Are you hurt? I swear, it was like you fell from the sky."
    Her light set in the screen, between logic and love I had been left in between,
    The new tension obscene, how quickly could this have been the ascension of dreams?
    I could see it within her too...her emotion gushing like some blood had been spilled,
    All that was done had been stilled...we caressed each other until our love was fulfilled.
    I could not see the scorn, but I am sure the captain would feel torn and defeated...
    ...Not a nut, but a thorn had been seeded, only hoping that his warning was heeded.
    For an angel I was young, and my kindness was only a nature of birth,
    But when I had laid in the dirt, with her, the soil on back had tainted my worth.
    The teacher in me, succumbed to mortal greed and all the features it sees,
    As I was lost in her eyes, I did not see the rise to all of the creatures in trees.
    Figures moved flawless, clawed and hit, she was bit and tossed as she spins,
    Lost in my sins, I could only watch her flesh rip as the wolves gnawed on her skin.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...rt-d7tmmdj.jpg

And home was sought from within, pull from my pocket the crystal that's white,
    Wished for distance and flight, I prayed and then I was off like a missile in light.
    I cough and I gasp, my thoughts in a rasp...but I look up to gates that are closed,
    The captain, anxious in pose, "You were undone by greed...this is the fate that you chose."
    What did I condone, I hadn't known! My soul, I had pushed my own to the ledge...
    What I had chosen instead, was my wings clipped and my body thrown from the edge.
    I fell back down to the earth, where the girl's corpse lay wretched in waiting,
    I failed my deeds as an angel...now I look back to see that Heaven's escaping...

ADVANCED STATISTICS:

DEV - 7-1-0, 14 Points. Streak: 2 Wins

Votes For: 15
    Votes Against: 7
    Voting %: 68.1
    Weeks Champion: 2

L.E - 5-1-0, 10 Points. Streak: 1 Loss

Votes For: 12
    Votes Against: 3
    Voting %: 80.0
    Weeks Champion: 2

143 - 3-4-1, 6 Points. Streak: 2 Losses

Votes For: 4
    Votes Against: 16
    Voting %: 20.0
    Weeks Champion: 0

Antihero - 2-0-0, 4 Points. Streak: 2 Wins

Votes For: 6
    Votes Against: 0
    Voting %: 100.0

Professor Frost - 2-1-0, 4 Points. Streak: 1 Win

Votes For: 1
    Votes Against: 3
    Voting %: 25.0

Details - 1-1-0, 2 Points. Streak: 1 Loss

Votes For: 2
    Votes Against: 6
    Voting %: 25.0

Mic S - 1-2-0, 2 Points. Streak: 1 Win

Votes For: 2
    Votes Against: 7
    Voting %: 22.2

Plexus - 0-0-0, 0 Points. Streak: Did Not Compete Week 8

Votes For: 0
    Votes Against: 0
    Voting %: 00.0

Samajae - 0-0-1, 0 Points. Streak: 1 Loss

Votes For: 0
    Votes Against: 1
    Voting %: 00.0

CLOSING REMARKS:

I just want to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm, dedication, and participation! Keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing everyone's drops for the last couple weeks, and then playoffs!

I know there is no interview in this magazine again. Hopefully I can interview someone for next week, so please let me know if you are interested!

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone in Week 9!

- L.E
    Last edited by L.E; August 13th, 2014 at 10:51 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Social Media:

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

Re: Week VIII Magazine

was definitely a dope champ match

good mag update - !

Battle Record
    11-5

Updated and removed details from the standings. I left his advanced stats to show that his cheating really wasn't getting him anywhere anyway. Definitely not against true seasoned writers.

Social Media:

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins

good stuff...
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

Battle Record
    11-5

Definitely looking to do a small interview for next week's magazine. So get at me if you are interested.

Social Media: