User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 4 link rule.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Donald Trump's Avatar
    Battle Record
    162-14
    Awards 150+ Wins FL Tournament Winner PC HOF FL Champion

4 link rule.

For FL obviously ..Voting is horrid, I know voting on 4 battles might discourage some battles but for the people who do this will help close a lot more battles. Once fl is cleaned up and has less battles maybe we could lower it back. Or if the 4 link rule is effective we can just leave it. Lemme know what y'all think. Honestly don't think it'll be much harder it'll be an extra 5 minutes of everyone's time. Works fine in LLL

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

Re: 4 link rule.

It was at 4 but in order to help the site grow and FL appear more suitable we dropped it to 2. Once we see that activity is where it needs to be and people are battling (not just lenox lol) we'll up it again.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    162-14

I feel you but my theory is if you make people vote on more battles, more battles get closed. I think it should be backwards tbh the more active the less links the less active the more link.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator. View Post
    I feel you but my theory is if you make people vote on more battles, more battles get closed. I think it should be backwards tbh the more active the less links the less active the more link.
    Interesting theory. I think we should impliment and establish this for now and drop it to 3 when shit picks up. It makes more sense than lowering the amount of votes to "3-0 is KO" and all that.

Whatdya think @Wordz AhGod. ?

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

We were at 4 before I got to FL and it was a struggle to get dudes to get any votes at all.. switching it randomly before the section even picks up at the right time will discourage battlers and only the few who see themselves winning will do it to avoid it getting closed. We can't treat FL like if it was LLL.
    カミノコトバ

Young Simba
    Battle Record
    106-57
    Awards 100+ Wins LLL Season Champion 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion

Not trying to take this thread somewhere, but I agree with Dom. I also think the limit to the number of battles you have open should be enforced again. For example Lenox, with 4-5 battles open. The section is cluttered with Lenox battles that aren't getting voted on and he continues to set up more. I'm just using him as an example. @Fresh @Wordz AhGod.

Young Simba
    Battle Record
    106-57
    Awards 100+ Wins LLL Season Champion 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Wordz AhGod. View Post
    We were at 4 before I got to FL and it was a struggle to get dudes to get any votes at all.. switching it randomly before the section even picks up at the right time will discourage battlers and only the few who see themselves winning will do it to avoid it getting closed. We can't treat FL like if it was LLL.
    There used to be a deadline for links. I think there's enough activity to set a 24 hour deadline and if they don't have the links in 24 hours then they just get DQ'd. The link deadline would also help battles to get closed faster.

Battle Record
    162-14

Quote Originally Posted by Letterman View Post
    There used to be a deadline for links. I think there's enough activity to set a 24 hour deadline and if they don't have the links in 24 hours then they just get DQ'd. The link deadline would also help battles to get closed faster.
    Yeahs once someone takes that first L guarantee you people follow it lol. If people don't post links after 24 hours close the battle. Until both send links. If only one sends links after 48 hours that person gets the W

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

This... and deadline for links... that being said, you don't want to discourage someone for battling a lot especially during the off season of leagues. So what he has 5 battles open? It promotes activity. As long as he has links to cover each battle, he's fine.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

So you think we should leave the links at 2, for now anyways, and have a deadline to get voting links up?

Battle Record
    112-23

yes, getting 4 links is a hassle even for people like me who tend to vote regularly out of boredom.. if you have 2 battles up, thats 8 links needed.. 3 battles would 12 links.. that would discourage anybody from battling. FL is supposed to be more lax then the leagues for newer and lower tier competitors, we can't do that if we're making it TOO strict.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    96-70

Aight that works for me. Good job wordz, keep up the good work buddy. I don't care what I said about you earlier, you alright.

Battle Record
    162-14

yes, getting 4 links is a hassle even for people like me who tend to vote regularly out of boredom.. if you have 2 battles up, thats 8 links needed.. 3 battles would 12 links.. that would discourage anybody from battling. FL is supposed to be more lax then the leagues for newer and lower tier competitors, we can't do that if we're making it TOO strict.
    Good call on the two links.