Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Season 15 Magazine Week 4

Sacred Scriptures
    Season 15 Magazine

Week 4

http://www.history.org.uk/library/12..._paper_295.jpg

Welcome to SS15 Mag, Week 4. I am coming to you listening to Samiyam "July". Shits got some heat, my fav. Anyway, the last week was some good competition. I am always humbled by the participation and even those who may not be signed in still willing to drop votes. That's love...This week is the week that will determine who at the top and at the bottom will get that special power for week 5 of choosing their own topic. This is probably the tightest and most even season of talent in a long time. There are really no runaways because literally anyone can be beat by anyone. But this week I want you to expand your creativity and maybe check out some of this leagues old battles by using one of their topics along with the topic in your battle. You will find some gems there from legends of this league. Did you know that half of this league right now is made up of former and current mods for this league? Some names have been changed to protect their identity...lol. But I hope that this will take the league up a notch and pull out that creativity. Oh and a side note. I know that no shows are hard even the ones from last week. Let's try to make it so that this league can still thrive like it's been doing.....Now for a recap of last week....

Endava vs Diffy vs O Block

This battle was a no show and very disappointed in Dev as a vet of this league to no show like that. I was looking forward to the new blood dropping and seeing what they bring to the table...Maybe next time next life...

Judge Mentill vs TheIllyricist

This battle here was the showcase of the future of this league. They brought everything to the table. I seriously thought that Ill's verse was dope but Judge brought it up a notch. His jazzy like improvisational style to the drop really caught my attention and had me nodding after Ill's verse. Judge Shakespearian-like verse was crafted with the flairs that really brought out those crisp images that was really needed to top Ill. As a very hot and contested battle, Judge get by winning 4-2.

L.E vs Nahlidge

These vets didn't let us down with the fireworks. Nah's verse was a masterpiece in redirection in my honest opinion in the way that he wrote that verse. The picture was of the obvious but the words crafted was that, to me, the darkened tree in the background. I thought that was dope. But here come L.E. and his verse brought the end of the world to a new plateau. He gave this descriptive world for us to journey to like Small World at Disneyland. At the end of it all the voters chosen L.E as the winner 5-2

Goliath vs SELF ACTIVATE

I gotta say that when G dropped his verse and reading through it, I thought he had this one hands down. It was like going through an animated creation of the Terminator robot as it was dark yet with this steely cold vibe that made it have a robotic undertone. Bringing that Apple like easy box open no expertise to understand verse to contend with SELF. SELF's verse was a mid summer's dream. Very emotional with light touches to let you get all gooey inside...LOL but really his verse was very smooth in nature, conversational in all aspect which made you get into the heart of his work. SELF took it in a shut out 7-0.

143 vs Revelation 18:3

First off, my hats go out to Rev as a man who did show up showing sportsmanship, even though he didn't want to go through with it. Rev, you got my respect for that. He dropped 8 bars and they weren't some throw away bars. He had some heat there in which I thought he had continue to make it a full verse, I would have probably lost. I came with a political verse about gay rights. My usual vocab mixed with poetic flairs bringing the understanding and the fight for gay rights. I winn 5-1

Your Moderator: 143

Well since I didn't do a interview I figure I interview myself....lol

https://scontent.flas1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...ba&oe=57818183

I have been writing topicals since 2005 and joined this site in 2007. In poetry since 1990, in a few slams and opened for the likes of Amiri Baraka, D-Knowledge (My Cal Brother in Arms) and others.`

I been in the music business since I was 8 years old, made my first album in 1983 (Yeah I'm old as pyramid dirt) and come from a musical family (Father is a percussionist, Mother is a pianist and violinist, I am a pianist). I had songs that were played on TV shows (Starcade and New York Undercover) and been on tour with a few groups.

I have been in hip hop seriously since 1986, learning how to DJ from DJ Fuze of Digital Underground, being in studio sessions with the likes of Heiro, Hobo Junction, 3x Krazy, Too Short, Foster and McElroy, Mike Marshall, Eek A Mouse, Strictly Roots, Digital Underground and 2pac (Rest in Peace Stan the Guitar Man). I have taught music classes focusing on the business aspect of it. I have managed and promoted shows and tours.

Other aspects of me, I have 3 bowl rings (Citrus, Copper and Alamo bowls), some of us here know about my previous employer, met three presidents (Reagan, Clinton and Obama), but the highlight of my life is standing on stage with Nelson Mandela at the Oakland Coliseum.

For this league I hope that I can change the normalcy around here, bringing different aspects and flairs. Bring back the prestige of being in this league. Make it the happening league that lead this site once upon a time...

And lastly, I have read the dictionary (Bridged and Unabridged)

THIS WEEK'S PREDICTION

BY

SELF ACTIVATE

OG Maestro vs TheIllyricist

The poet vs the street scholar! This should be a really interesting match. On the one hand you have Illy: the poet laureate of SS. Who is perhaps best known for his sophisticated language and elegant imagery. On the other hand however, you have O.G.: former champion and all-around topical beast. Who is very well known for being able to flip multiple styles at the drop of a dime. I think if Illy works on conforming his scheme to SS standards then he is more than capable of putting together a verse of epic proportion (check OM for confirmation). However; this is O.G. and O.G. is no joke. You don't champ SS if you're a scrub. He not only understands what it takes to win, but, he's actually put it into action and fuckin WON! Therefore, it makes sense to pick him as the winner. My guess...O.G. takes it. But if Illy's rhyme scheme can increase to the level of his imagery....watch out!

143 vs King Prince

In the right corner we have Numbers, 143, or Mr. Vocab -- SS's head honcho and master of the English lexicon. He's facing off against a guy named King Prince. Unfortunatly, at this point there isn't much known about "KP". So let's just assume he's a fresh faced new comer eager to prove himself on the battle ground. Then again, this is RB; so maybe he's an alias ... he could even be Batman. You just never know. In any case, 143 has been on a roll lately, dropping verse that not only showcase his signature 'next level' vocabulary skills, but also his incredible ability to craft a story in a way that few writers can. I could be wrong but, as for now, I got Numbers taking home the win. But, good luck "KP", lets see what ya got!

Judge Mental vs Nahlidge

Dare I say, BATTLE OF THE WEEK!?! Maybe!?! Possibly?!? I don't know but, I'm know I'm hyped to read it! I think the excitement for this match comes from the show Judge Mental put on last week. In his match-up against Illy it seems he really found his footing in the SS areana. The verse he wrote was perhaps one of the best pieces I've read so far this season. It was like reading a screenplay written by your favorite zombie movie film maker. It was lights, camera, action -- true cinema in text form. So it'll be interesting to see if he can replicate his winning formula against Nahlidge: The living legend. No seriously, this guy is a bonafide Legendary Memembers inductee. And after recieving an "L" last round at the hands of L.E., I'm postivite he's coming back with nothing short of a monster fuckin verse! So as good as Judge M was in his previous bout, I'd still be a little worried if I was in his shoes. Nahlidge has the full package in terms of writing ability so; he's capable of beating any of us if he brings his A-game. However; I wouldn't be surprised if Judge gives him a long hard fight and a thousand mile run for his money. Ultimately tho, I'm gonna go with Nahlidge on this one....BUT...we'll see what happens.

L.E vs SELF ACTIVATE

SOOOOOOO..."SELF"... that's me. I chop heads. That's pretty much all I gotta say about that. As for L.E. -- he also chops heads. But, who's head will roll? Personally, I like my head attached to my neck. Thus, I protect both. However, when it comes to topicals (storytelling in particular), L.E. has been known to write his verses using a diamond edge scalpel. As a result, the detail in each and every one of his pieces is sharp enough to slice your eyeballs while reading. In my opinion, this will be a very good battle. So far we're both tied for the best record early on. Obviously tho, tying isn't really the m.o. of a competition like this...so I'd expect to see us both trying pretty hard to gain the upper hand in standings! Prediction: Me. But what else would I say? LoL. Good luck L.

Peace...

Conclusion

I thank SELF for dropping the predictions, much love. I thank everyone for your participation in this league, you all are the heartbeat that make this league flourish and grow. 143

@SELF ACTIVATE @OG Maestro @TheIllyricist @King Prince @Nahlidge @Judge Mentill @L.E @143 @Emily @Jukon @trajik @God of War @ILLunatic @KnowP @Goliath @Revelation 18:3 @Sammy
    Last edited by 143; March 21st, 2016 at 10:12 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Awards OM HOF

Re: Season 15 Magazine Week 4

So all this time Russell Simmons has been posting on this site under the handle 143. Who would have thunk it? Damn.

LoL...

You sound like a really cool dude #s. Very accomplished as well. I'm impressed.

Great mag per usual. Hopefully, I'll find some time to write soon. It's been a hectic week thus far.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Oh damn this surprised me. I might have to come back officially after reading this gem.

good shit fellas. respect. 100.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Very solid and interesting read, props @143 @SELF ACTIVATE

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·

Awards PC HOF

excellent job, fellas! Read the whole thing, ha!

Great mag as usual 143. And muchos gracias for the praise. I'll try to put something together to live up to the hype.

You're doing a great job keeping this thing running bud.

Nahlidge - Mr. Hardy - L.E - Judge Mentill - Self Activate - Witty
    OM Hall of Famer

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Loved this mag. Classy and clean. Nice stuff 143 and SELF ACTIVATE.
    143, out of everything that you've done and one's you've met and worked with,
    as impressive as they are, I'm still smiling about you reading the dictionary front to back.
    You're a star.
    Great work you're doing here.
    You're such an asset to the site.
    Much love.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Dope.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Somehow I'm not surprised by the dictionary fact, 143. Lol. Excellent mag, you and Self did a great job with this one! You sound like a real cool dude 143 and the mag is much appreciated. Thanks for the effort and the kind words. Now, let's have another damn good week of SS.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Fucks wit it. Yea ya boy an alias but never big enough that y'all would know me. Did my thing as a young bull on ya sister site. Just lookin to compete with the best

Also, cheers for the write up SELF, great segment.

Nahlidge - Mr. Hardy - L.E - Judge Mentill - Self Activate - Witty
    OM Hall of Famer