Thread: why???

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Re: why???

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Very well said.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little shocked at you @Enoch Light , and you @Toobs.
    Not so much you @Dia lol

But people, where's your empathy?

- - - Updated - - -

Group consciousness is a powerful thing.
    And it can go either way.
    I don't know if the problem is empathy. If anyone here met someone who experienced actual racism from the 60s and even more recently, I don't think there would be a problem with empathy. We'd feel bad for the person who went through something they shouldn't have. Had a basketball coach and when he played high school ball back in the 80s, some old school racist members of the team filled his locker with chicken feathers and wrote 'coon' in blood over his locker. Everyone here, I believe, is in agreement that that's fucked up.

What I think Enoch is fighting against is the idea of victimhood. That nothing is 'your' fault. Accountability is a rare thing to witness lately. Anytime anyone does something wrong, they give me an excuse for it. In the end, that person made the decision, you made the decision, I made the decision. It's on us. The media stirs up controversy by the way they title their articles, the agenda setting is so blatant when you understand what agenda setting is. They bring up police violence on blacks and make headlines with certain police officers who in the end, according to evidence may have actually been defending themselves. There is a nationwide ignoring of the fact that police officers shoot white people too, and in large numbers. Police can't win, even if there are a lot of real good ones out there mixed in with the corrupt.

I understand that slavery was awful, and it was horrible (will always be horrible). I understand that there are still lingering factors from the 60s that have an effect on black communities today. The primary social construct would be prisons in combination with the drug war. The Drug War has eviscerated the black family unit with fathers frequently going to prison. I'm sorry, I'm one of those people who thinks all drugs should be decriminalized. I even think they should be legalized. Portugal did it, and it worked and they had a serious issue with drugs before they legalized them. If we stop demonizing fathers and celebrating single motherhood, we'd be doing a favor to children not only in black families but across the races. Single parenting sucks, that's the honest truth (well, more my belief on the topic). It fucking sucks for the child growing up. SAT's and ACT's need to stop being a major aspect as to why Public Schools get their funding. Of course inner cities are going to have low standardized test scores because they have terrible resources, and no money due to routinely low scores. The teachers will be awful mostly because they're not doing it out of love for teaching or their skill, they're doing it for the need of a job and cash. That probably contributes to why black kids growing up feel a disinclination toward education. The education they get is shit, and when a kid does succeed their comes another problem. The culture. Poverty culture blows. It's violent. That's why the murder rate within black communities is so high. Impoverished places are generally violent, and full of gangster ideologies. Add on the drugs... and the guns... the lack of fathers -- it all adds up to black youth being confused and angry. And there will be family members and friends who discourage black people from going to college. They're almost seen as an outsider depending on where you are. Generally, that's where a lot of this could be solved but we don't really put much thought into that area.

My problem is that a lot of media seems to look into the social justice arena, except for the statical data that shows social justice ideas like affirmative action... have been an absolute failure.

It's not okay to be racist, either way. We shouldn't ignore that there are also a shit ton of white people who are impoverished. Or any other races. To the original topic, the word nigger is seen as worse than cracker because the connotation is much harsher. Blacks were slaves and were abused. Cracker doesn't have the same ring to it, even though it probably should be considered pretty blatantly racist today cus' they're literally calling a white person they're talking to a slave-driver. That in itself is insulting. I don't get too held up on it because I don't try to bite on words too much. People are assholes and they're going to say shit. I just keep living.

Whites themselves have history with some pretty serious shit. The Jewish Holocaust. The Irish in America, Irish slaves. Indentured servitude in feudal Europe was pretty much slavery; very few people lived to see their freedom in indentured servitude. All of it is bad, and should be treated equally bad.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    0-2

@Emily

i have plenty of empathy....and i fully recognize whats gone on, and still does...

but im not kissing anyones ass for things had/have no parts of...
    and im not going to just accept their negative outlook on myself for none other than my skin....

theres plenty of black people who DONT do that dumb shit...who dont hold 'white people' in general accountable for every ill thats ever befell them... people who do as i do, and judge individuals on their own merits...

if a person cannot do that, then i dont give a fuck... they arent worth my empathy, because theyre not 'fixing' anything....theyre simply making things worse...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Light View Post
    @Emily

i know it dont apply to every black person, obviously

but black people who where born way outside the era of slavery and try to use it as a crutch to excuse their racism towards white people in this day and age is ridiculous to me

fact is, there are just racist people in the world. And they will use anything to reinforce their racism. Im just not one of the types to say, well its o.k. if that black dude is racist because at some point one of his ancestors that he never met may have been a slave.
    on point as can be...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stranger

didn't expect a debate, can we make this debate about parents not raising their kids right? fucking little bratty ass kids these days.

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    didn't expect a debate, can we make this debate about parents not raising their kids right? fucking little bratty ass kids these days.
    I catch a tone of resentment in your post.
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

the truth is, it personally dont bother me if someone calls me honkey, cracker, whitebread, white trash, devil or whatever else they want to call me. it dont bother me when other races throw stereotypes at me.

if people didnt give racists that edge, then a lot of it would cease. Most of the time, racist only say and do racist shit to get a reaction from it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

cause they owe us at least that much

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

thats entitlement

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    cause they owe us at least that much
    WHO though??

if you mean the system.... then i can agree with you..

but if your answer is just 'white people'...then no...youre dead ass wrong...

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

I was being sarcastic

Battle Record
    0-2

I was being sarcastic
    good to know...

*adds KnowP to the Do Not Kill list*

Battle Record
    277-128

that's comforting...

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Without going too deep into it, "nigger" and "cracker" don't hold the same weight. Look up the origins of the words if you want to understand more why I say that. But even when I hear the words, "nigger" sets off an alarm. "cracker" doesn't. Not because I don't believe it's not a racist term, I just don't think it has the same power/history behind it.

But that aside, I wouldn't say it's OK or not OK for people to use racist terms because of the color of the skin. That's just foolishness to me. If you're racist, you're racist. Color of skin has nothing to do with whether someone gets away with being racist or not to me though it can for other people.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    Without going too deep into it, "nigger" and "cracker" don't hold the same weight. Look up the origins of the words if you want to understand more why I say that. But even when I hear the words, "nigger" sets off an alarm. "cracker" doesn't. Not because I don't believe it's not a racist term, I just don't think it has the same power/history behind it.

But that aside, I wouldn't say it's OK or not OK for people to use racist terms because of the color of the skin. That's just foolishness to me. If you're racist, you're racist. Color of skin has nothing to do with whether someone gets away with being racist or not to me though it can for other people.
    word, I'm just saying don't get all offended when I call you a nigger, if you called me a cracker/redneck/skinhead/white trash/honkey first. ( not that I ever would, two wrongs don't make a right. )

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

that's comforting...
    but if one of your relies gave the middle finger to a white guy, they're probably on the hit list lol

Im joking.

@Toobs , @Enoch Light . I do understand you. I really, really do. I've been discriminated against, for different reasons.
    I know what they pick on isn't my fault. I also know those who are racist are hurt and misinformed,
    full of history that they won't let go of. But I also know something's aren't easy to 'forget or forgive'.
    I know they're hitting out at the wrong person. I know I've done nothing to them.
    I don't know what the answer is though, but I do know it's not retaliating with the same amo.
    I do know it's not acting in the same way.
    Someone has to be the change, someone has to make a difference, someone has to switch it off.
    But I'm aware this is difficult. Especially when out of no where, there's racial abuse thrown around.
    And everyone deals with it differently. But we all agree on no one liking it.
    I agree with Toobs who said, '
    im in no way saying that slavery should be forgotten, or what happened over there with the native people...
    because if it was forgotten, we would have learnt nothing. History is a reminder of where we were, and where we can end up again, if we don't remember. I'm just not sure how much we've learnt though.
    We've got people hating each other, all in the name of supposed equality.
    The Greeks still hate the Turks, and it's been years. They took over and occupied Greece for 400 years and yet if you ask a Greek why they don't like that Turk, they'll say..."Because their Grandfather raped my Grandmother." lol
    And even today, we have the Turkish people, in the middle of the night, putting their own flag on Greek islands, and sparking the debate all over again. Just when you think things settle, someone stirs the pot and BANG! they're right back close to where they started.
    Nothing but someone deciding to NOT DO what they normally do, do, is going to change the outcome.
    If the action changes, so does the reaction.
    But it's group consciousness that can change the world collectively.
    And that starts with individuals.
    One by one.
    I don't know about right or wrong. Right and wrong are labels.
    What's legal in one State, is illegal in the next.
    Right and wrong can change depending on the person/act/time in history.
    But what doesn't change is how people feel when they're victimised (every person, of every colour)
    and what doesn't change is how people feel when they feel respect/love/hope/understanding.
    The only way to stop racism, is to slowly, one by one, stop...racism.
    Last edited by Emily; June 6th, 2016 at 05:47 AM

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

Basically, slowly, one by one

Kill all racists

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.