User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: What's up with the current Pc / HOF system?

You've Earned a Custom Title! Donald Trump's Avatar
    Battle Record
    162-14
    Awards 150+ Wins FL Tournament Winner PC HOF FL Champion

What's up with the current Pc / HOF system?

For those who don't know, apparently if you want to nominate something for the hall of fame, This elite group of RB members meet in a password protected forum (lmao) and have a "discussion" then either vote yes or no. This isn't American idol. If I wanna nominate something for the hall of fame it shouLdnt be ultimately decided by some random dudes who probably didn't even read the piece. That is all. Good day

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

Re: What's up with the current Pc / HOF system?

Same way in om too. It was requested.

So you're saying no matter the caliber of the writing, if it's nominated it should get in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    162-14

It's not that serious. You're saying if some does an om a day and is shitty and then does a good one but doesn't fit your standards they don't deserve a little tiny award next to their user name? This shit is all subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

4 PC HOF since October 15

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Suge Knight View Post
    ...it shouLdnt be ultimately decided by some random dudes who probably didn't even read the piece...
    There's no random dudes, and everyone reads the pieces.
    Ignorance must be bliss.
    Last edited by Emily; June 18th, 2016 at 04:32 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    162-14

What makes you so qualified tho? Why are you the ultimate word? Ignorance lol you have 1 HOF. You can barely make it in yourself yet somehow you know the criteria required to get in?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't have a discussion without people catching feelings

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

I'm not catching feelings. seems like you are though.
    I'm saying, what you said was ignorant, and wrong, so I corrected you.

There are no random people who vote for hof.
    And every piece IS read and commented on in detail.

So as you see, your statement was ignorant.

As for the rest of your post here, I don't measure people by the amount of awards they've won Mr. 4 PC HOF since October 15.
    Good on you for that, that's a great achievement. But your comments of ...
    What makes you so qualified tho? Why are you the ultimate word? Ignorance lol you have 1 HOF. You can barely make it in yourself yet somehow you know the criteria required to get in?
    lol

You think I'm the ultimate word?

Unreal.

Battle Record
    162-14

The panel votes ultimately who gets in or not. You're in the panel sooooo......
    Also you being in the panel when you yourself are an average writer is pretty random.

Me with 2 hofs: I think this should be in the HOF

Emily with 1: I don't

Result = not in the HOF. Weird

Also me catching feelings? lol funny.
    Last edited by Donald Trump; June 17th, 2016 at 02:18 AM

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

The panel votes ultimately who gets in or not. You're in the panel sooooo......
    Also you being in the panel when you yourself are an average writer is pretty random.

Me with 2 hofs: I think this should be in the HOF

Emily with 1: I don't

Result = not in the HOF. Weird

Also me catching feelings? lol funny.

I'm sorry I'd have this conversation with you but I'd rather hand it over to admin.
    I'm not in the mood for your irony, nor do I feel I need to explain my 1 hof LOL that you're more
    obsessed with than I am.
    @Fresh

Battle Record
    162-14

This thread wasn't for you anyways. Idk why you felt the need to voice your meaningless opinion. Go on your way.

And obsessed? More like a mere observation. Nice try tho

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

It's not that serious. You're saying if some does an om a day and is shitty and then does a good one but doesn't fit your standards they don't deserve a little tiny award next to their user name? This shit is all subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

4 PC HOF since October 15

Your problem seems to be with people not nominating. The people on the panel don't go and sift through every poem or OM written. Just not how it works. The panel votes on the pieces that were nominated. And it must be unanimous. If there's a piece that doesn't get nominated, it's no one's fault. We can't force people to nominate. Every nomination is taken seriously and is considered. I'll be the first to tell you that I don't prefer panels but the admins and mods all decided it was best and we've had no problems with it.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    162-14

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Your problem seems to be with people not nominating. The people on the panel don't go and sift through every poem or OM written. Just not how it works. The panel votes on the pieces that were nominated. And it must be unanimous. If there's a piece that doesn't get nominated, it's no one's fault. We can't force people to nominate. Every nomination is taken seriously and is considered. I'll be the first to tell you that I don't prefer panels but the admins and mods all decided it was best and we've had no problems with it.
    Thank you for that response, I just think if writers felt getting a HOF was a reachable goal more people would write and activity would be better but come on getting people to agree is hard enough, then getting them to agree on something that is as subjective as poetry is tougher. How often are Ss battles 4-3 5-4. It's all about preference. I just think if we make the HOF more inclusive it'd be better for the forum

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Reality is, RB isn't as active as it was in 2010.

There's simply not enough people writing and/or giving feedback. It's pretty much the same with the audio side of things too. Due to inactivity the ABL isn't even around anymore.

It's a shame but time passes us all.
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Battle Record
    54-9
    Awards PC HOF FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

I don't really see a problem with the current system... it's a very reachable goal if you're a good writer. If people are writing for the sake of getting HoF rather than for the love of writing then who needs them anyway? If HoF is the motivation for writing it really is a sorry state of affairs.

Battle Record
    162-14

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Elite View Post
    I don't really see a problem with the current system... it's a very reachable goal if you're a good writer. If people are writing for the sake of getting HoF rather than for the love of writing then who needs them anyway? If HoF is the motivation for writing it really is a sorry state of affairs.
    Fair enough, but all I'm saying is when we made those 15-50-75-100+ medals FL went up drastically. Then I would make mags and praise the average / below average and given them a reason to battle and something to look forward to. I also voted on every battle. I also feel if you want OM / PS to be popping lead by example feed everything not just your crew members / buddies. Who wants to spend time writing a piece if it's just going to get some half ass feed from someone who only read it cuz they needed links lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    Reality is, RB isn't as active as it was in 2010.

There's simply not enough people writing and/or giving feedback. It's pretty much the same with the audio side of things too. Due to inactivity the ABL isn't even around anymore.

It's a shame but time passes us all.
    100% agree nothing we can do about low activity / few members. But the way I see man there's 2 mods of each section if they each drop feed on 4 pieces a day it'll give people a reason to write. Like yo if I write an om I knowmformsure I'm getting one fully broken down review, also it leads by example and shows what a full breakdown can do for a writer. Abl was dope but I feel joe traded that in for the Vbl lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also @Ctrl Alt Elite I got mad respect for you. You do your thing in the om and leave good feed. Boss lady dropped a terrible piece and you still took time to give her a solid breakdown, we need more of that for everyone

Battle Record
    54-9
    Awards PC HOF FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

PC currently doesn't require links to post. Feedback is slow, but I actually like knowing that people have left feedback because they wanted to and not because they had to.

With what you said about FL, i think the major difference is the FL win medals are based simply on numbers. Anyone can get that if they just battle enough... the subjectivity you mentioned is lost. At the end of the day, somebody has to decide what gets into PC HoF and you're right, sometimes people are gonna post great pieces and be overlooked due to the panels personal preference. It's not fair, but it's life - And I don't know if their is a fairer way to do it... Especially when, as Mimic said, activity is so low. Out of curiosity, @Suge Knight , What were your previous Aliases? Judging by your post count and join date I feel I should know who you are but i've been inactive for about 6 years...
    Last edited by Ctrl Alt Elite; June 17th, 2016 at 04:29 AM