User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Untitled (Because titles are meaningless)

Battle Record
    54-9
    Awards PC HOF FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

Untitled (Because titles are meaningless)

Have you ever woken up and thought;
    Today is going to be better than yesterday
    and then gone back to bed,
    when the sun has set
    and then been right about it?
    Me neither.

Oh, you have?
    Well then perhaps you could teach me,
    How to clutter my own mind
    with perpetual lies and fairy tales
    and stories and ideas
    and fictions and deceits
    So I too can convince myself
    That it is even possible for one day to be "better"
    than another.

As if anything we say or do
    or think or feel
    or smell or taste
    or give or take
    actually matters in the grand scheme of things?

The grand scheme of things!
    What a redundant phrase that is.
    Just when I think I've come to terms with
    the concept that...
    everything is utterly meaningless
    I go ahead and place myself in
    some imaginary scheme.

We're all fucking fools.
    Last edited by Ctrl Alt Elite; June 18th, 2016 at 03:12 AM

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Re: Untitled (Because titles are meaningless)

You nihilist fuck.

This poem is meaningless. You're a fool, fool.

Go drown in your endless pit of sorrow where no light shines because there is no light, we are all nothing in the land of no things where no thing has a thing happen to it within the grand scheme of things. There is no scheme, there is chaos.

LOL, you're poem just got me in the mood to write something like that. I think this is a clever take on nihilism, or even the super narcissistic mind of an elitist who believes in all of the things that they say to themselves in a nihilist mind-state. Alright, it's nihilism. The voice of the narration is convincing, and the constant ranting style succeeds in its aim. Philosophical poetry put in an interesting form, and the title was well thought out. You brought a solid encapsulation of a belief here from what I can read. From the words and the tone, you capture the bitterness and the hatred and even... absolute defeat?

Personally I prefer a visually based usage of words that with atmosphere, tone, and what I can taste/see/hear/smell/touch within the scenery of the work itself: I can get nihilism from it.

But, no, you don't always have to do that and you have your own style and your style fucking killed it here.

Well thought out, and impressive. And I wholeheartedly disagree with the content, but I still loved the hell out of it.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    54-9
    Awards PC HOF FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

I don't agree with the content either, if i'm honest. The original title was "Musings of the Nihilist" but I decided to go for something slightly more lighthearted. @TheIllyricist
    Last edited by Ctrl Alt Elite; June 18th, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Your title as it is now is infinitely better. In my meaningless opinion.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Untitled (Because titles are meaningless) Oh, sweet pessimism, you make me fall to my knees and worship the ground you walk on.
    The cynicism in this title gives me a glimpse of what's to come, and I like it.

Have you ever woken up and thought;
    Today is going to be better than yesterday
    and then gone back to bed,
    when the sun has set
    and then been right about it?
    Me neither.
    Classic lol. I just know I'm going to fall smack bang, into the middle of this piece and sleep here. The disbelief that things can get better conveys a mindset, set in stone. Not a sceptic who weighs up the evidence and then makes a calculated decision, but a cynic, who regardless of the evidence, sticks to his stubborn ways. The fact that you dropped down the last line and left it on its own, is great. It stands alone, and proud.

Oh, you have?
    Well then perhaps you could teach me, lol @ the ironic, sarcastic tone here. Good stuff.
    How to clutter my own mind Aaaaaand racing!!! Here we go. We're off!
    with perpetual lies and fairy tales Yep.
    and stories and ideas Uh huh.
    and fictions and deceits I hear you.
    So I too can convince myself lol perfect.
    That it is even possible for one day to be "better"
    than another. I like it. The conviction in tone is spectacular. You're right on the bat with that.

As if anything we say or do
    or think or feel
    or smell or taste
    or give or take
    actually matters in the grand scheme of things? The stuff we 'take' does lol. Good observations here. Nothing matters in the grand scheme of things. Nothing except how good/bad you feel about yourself and your actions. And on bad days, I can fuck those thoughts off too.

The grand scheme of things! I like the repetition here. A reminder of how redundant certain things are, or...are they?
    What a redundant phrase that is. You're reading my mind lol.
    Just when I think I've come to terms with
    the concept that...
    everything is utterly meaningless Which it is lol.
    I go ahead and place myself in
    some imaginary scheme. That's the problem, stop doing that lol. Nah, I like what you're saying. I'm sort of drifting between agreeing with this and then realising that life can't be like that. That darkness though huh? Damn its attractive. And you know it calls my name. Tells me in a whisper to 'come to me...' and you know what? I do. That's why I love this piece. And what you're saying. It's not all greek to me. I can appreciate every little word of it. And that's without being a Debbie Downer.

We're all fucking fools. You can say that again. Nice way to go out.

I liked this a lot. Absence of moral values agrees with me. You've done a good job painting this picture my friend. You're not my friend as we know, but since we're all full of shit and lies, it fits well here lol. You've got the gift of the verbal gab, and in this cesspit of misery and rejection, you're my hero.
    I'm going to have you stuffed and mounted on the wall.
    It's true love.

Nice writing Ctrl Alt Elite, you've done it again with a piece a little different than the norm, a little socially ugly,
    a lot lonely, and very much appreciated by me.

Top job.
    Cool read.

Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

I like the position that as much as we value things, actions and outcomes, in the real aspect of life it means nothing to me because it's essentially pointless. the retrospective take on this really pushes the idea forward in that narcissistic manner. Archie Bunker-ish in a way. I love the questioning in validating the norm to the importance that others view it. It gives the poem life, depth and direction. I totally see this being a performance piece that would win....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143