User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: A song for you

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

A song for you

hello

that’s all I can muster to say
    socializing is a game im often too flustered to play
    its no wonder my times spent scraping through days
    seconds, weeks, years just went fading away
    so I parade my apathy just to see what they say
    actually made peace, gift wrapped it and gave it away
    pray to false idols. get drunk. hey man, I’m just saving the day
    motionless. residual life stuck in constant replay
    everything’s nonsense. or either im lost in a way
    so if you can steer me out of here, I promise ill pay
    once I motivate myself to find work and get paid
    ill certainly try, maybe, but why work for a wage?
    why live? why die? I question why I was made
    God broke the mold making me while I was breaking an egg
    dirty dishes in the sink, god, I gotta get laid
    fuck it. . im afraid I’ll end up doing what I usually say
    maybe write a song, a verse, or draw a line on a page
    then post it online to show what ive accomplished today
    so here it is . .

a song about nothing, lame, and obviously vague

thank you

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...ON-LEVEL-EVENT
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...od-amp-Bondage
    Last edited by Nohbody; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:03 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM HOF

Re: A song for you

lol I really enjoyed this. A nice light read with an apparent decline in fucks given as it progressed. It was like an encapsulation of all the simultaneous thoughts of your subconscious splattered on a wall to see in one dimension like a fly to a windshield. I felt the most effective portions were ones where you focused on the end rhymes. The subtle effectiveness of lines such as the 'lost in a way/promise i'll pay' bar is a good example of it. I felt there were times, most notably in the first half, where your word choice sort of through off the harmony, the word drunk stand out in that regard. I'm also aware that given the subject matter that this was a pretty quick write and you give little to no fucks about that. Cool read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2

Yeah I loved it too... And can definitely relate which is so funny cause I was a work a holic... Apathy is a nice hand to pretend to hold though... But not a good hand if it's really what's felt... Hope you find what you love to do and just do it... Too many artist go starving before they're recognized for their greatness. Totally cute...
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Soule

This was great. Short and to the point. I usually look forward to multies but you wrote in a way that everything was quick enough to make the end of lines seem like multies. I've always been a fan of your syllable counting. Lines are a short enough length that you can tell your story and still have a smooth rhyme scheme. I liked the creative direction on this concept. Really worked in your favor. Great read man. If you can, return the favor? http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...702-Underneath

This was a nice, enjoyable piece.
    Straight to the cut and kinda simple, but also very complex and pretentious.
    The flow and rhyme scheme was easy on the mind and therefore made for a smooth read.
    I followed your character well and at moments I definitely related.
    Also, the overall concept was very clever.
    Enjoyable and interesting read.
    Keep'm coming.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

This was cool, I liked it a lot actually. Flow was pretty perfect apart from "pray to false idols. get drunk. hey man, I’m just saving the day" which added a little stutter and threw off your rhythm briefly. Beyond that I enjoyed the schemes and your tempo, nice and fluid which is always a plus in any lyrics. It was a clever little concept for me, both lyrical and uncaring in style which I found quite charismatic. You have a nice turn of phrase. Props.