Special power?

You've Earned a Custom Title! The Law's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2
    Awards OM HOF

Re: Summer Sixteen Kwik Key Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
    Special power?
    Yeah bro, he was put at the head of Marvel now. He is going to gift us with super abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

Nigma v Lion is ready.

Soule

I kinda feel like four days to write defeats the purpose of a quick key tourney lmfao. That's how long we used to have on a regular week of the league.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Surely a "quick key" should be like 5-10 minutes tops? It's only a damn 16 lol, if you're editing and thinking about shit, you're REALLY not keystyling....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

I ran two successful quick key tourneys where it was 30 lines due in 24 hours. 24 hours to vote. Each tourney finished within 6-7 days. This shit is gonna take like three weeks lol.

Even then you're pushing the definitions of "quick key" I reckon. 24 hours is enough time to make a beat, write the lyrics, record, mix, master, upload to iTunes, start an ad campaign, book 12 shows and still have time for a quick tumble with the Mrs after lol

Soule

This is topical mate, not audio lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    This is topical mate, not audio lol.
    Don't try that, what the fuck do you think "keystyle" actually means? lol. It's supposed to be an off-the-top freeverse, exactly the same as a freestyle but on a keyboard lol. I was doing "text" before people tried to claim it was a separate form entirely, I know exactly what a keystyle is and how to execute one, you saw one of my 5 minute keys as the first piece I dropped in OM lol

You've Earned a Custom Title! The Law's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2
    Awards OM HOF

Agreed tbh. Keystyle just 'off the top' but takes a little more time because you have to type it. You can't go back and edit it and add lines in and consider it a keystyle anymore

Soule

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka View Post
    Don't try that, what the fuck do you think "keystyle" actually means? lol. It's supposed to be an off-the-top freeverse, exactly the same as a freestyle but on a keyboard lol. I was doing "text" before people tried to claim it was a separate form entirely, I know exactly what a keystyle is and how to execute one, you saw one of my 5 minute keys as the first piece I dropped in OM lol
    Not what you think it means. Site has been around a LONG time and your idea of keystyle has only ever been the case here in Text battles.

Not what you think it means. Site has been around a LONG time and your idea of keystyle has only ever been the case here in Text battles.
    Site has been round since when? I started spitting in 97 and hitting online message boards in 2000. I been around man, don't act like this site is the be all and end all, it really isn't.

Soule

I'm just loyal to the site man. It's been around since like '98. I joined in 2005. This site is the be all end all to me. You don't like it, dunno what to tell ya bruh.

I'm just loyal to the site man. It's been around since like '98. I joined in 2005. This site is the be all end all to me. You don't like it, dunno what to tell ya bruh.
    I'm just telling you flat out, if it aint an off-the-top freestyle it aint a "key" at all. This isn't from one site, this is from literally dozens if not more. From the ones I can remember, I've been on breakdance.com/bboy.org, GoldMics, LyricalGods, Lyrically Gifted, Lyrical Assualt, Let's Beef, bboys.com, rap royalty, rap dogs, rap gods, so many MSN, AIM and Yahoo groups that it's ridiculous and EVERY SINGLE ONE I've ever been on defines a keystyle the same way. If you think it's different, that's more a reflection on you than the facts of the matter. I dig teh loyalty to the site, I like it here, I plan on sticking around. But you can't try and put one over on a dude who's been around the scene this long man, it's just silly.

Soule

To each their own. I agree up to a point. 24 hours to me for a topical verse is still quick key in my book. But four days to write sixteen lines is far from it. If this isn't a quick key tourney then change it's name lol.