User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ...:::SS Season 16 - Week 1 Magazine:::...

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

...:::SS Season 16 - Week 1 Magazine:::...

Season 16 Sacred Scriptures
    Week: 1 Magazine

[youtube]K-tisewIfsk[/youtube]

Whats poppin every one? Welcome once again to Sacred Scriptures Season 16!

Season 16 brings us a completely new format, new challenges, and new ways to vote that is sure to promote activity and deliver what could shape up to be one of the best seasons we have seen in a long while on RB. At the time of me writing this, we are already into week one and the season is off to a start. . . So, without further a-do, lets just jump into it and take a look at the battlers we have signed in so far.

[youtube]y0hlC6Lj4Wg[/youtube]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psk0tevl4z.jpg

@OG Maestro

I am very familiar with OG Maestro’s work and skillsets. A focused and determined OG is a dangerous competitor. I know firsthand that you have to be able to fire on all cylinders to take out a writer of this caliber. Having faced him in the semi finals of Season 12, and competing along side of OG I feel the attributes that best highlight this guy is his creative storylines and concepts packaged in with great wording and a solid flow for a foundation. Definitely one who cannot be taken lightly. He is sometimes his own worst enemy as the level of writing he produces is often determined by the amount of motivation he possesses at any given time. . . im hoping that he is going for that gold this season and will bring that fire all season long. Time will tell

@Lenox

I don’t know a whole lot about Lenox. According to the age posted, he seems to be a young writer. I had to go searching through some past battles and open mic verses to familiarize myself with his talents. He seems to have a good grasp on concepts and executing topics, but may still be in the developmental stages of piecing his craft together. I like these wild card type writers, because you never know what they will bring. . . hopefully this one brings some heat to the league.

@Surplus

Again, another writer who I have no clue about. Appears to be fairly new to the site . .seems hungry to battle. . but I have nothing to really access topical wise. Could he be another wild card? We will find out.

@Lionheart

Lionheart is an unapologetic top tier writer. Love or hate him, you can’t deny he is a serious contender in the topical realm and possess the tools required to snipe out any writer on any given day. I have competed against and aside Mr. Lionheart pretty much from the day I made my entry into topical leagues and I can say without a doubt he always etches a mark in the top of the ranks. Im sure he would love nothing more then to add a SS medal to his shiny topical display cabinet, and if he asserts himself and goes at it un-relentlessly, this year could be the year he does just that.

@Slowhands

Slowhands is not a name im familiar with, (could be an alias of someone I know, just not sure) . . however, I have read several of his drops in the OM and I can certainly see him go far in this league. His writing is clean, his concepts are clever, and technically he is a calculated and methodic writer. All attributes that I love to see in a writer. I cant wait to see what he brings to the season. He seemed really eager to get in the ring and battle it out.

@Boston

I have always known Boston more as a text battle, but im glad to see his entry into SS. Most of the work im familiar with is in my earlier days (back when I was bullying that faggot Wesley Whymer in the OM). . . but I remember nothing but good things. Dude dishes out some nice flow, and can be street without turning over a bland or repetitive verse. Another writer im looking forward to this season.

@SELF ACTIVATE

I have always been a fan of Self Activate. On that note, I also feel like Self never really gets his fair due when discussing the top 10 writers on this site. I remember earlier work, and appreciate the level of elevation and progress I have seen. If I recall correctly, Self had a hell of a run in Season 15 before abandoning post and allowing me to come in and sweep the rest of the season.

@KING PRINCE

King Prince is a great writer. Sometimes held back by minor technicalities, I see him getting better with every verse he drops. Yes, a little rough around the edges at times (when compared to the usual heavy hitters), but takes a different approach to his topics. They are lively and the content is thick and abundant. I think once it all gets dialed in, hes going to be a real problem for anyone who battles him. Don’t sleep.

@The Law

I only recall seeing maybe one or two threads by The Law, but I can certainly tell you this is not an amateur in any sense of the word. Dope concepts, crisp flow, nice wording. . I have a feeling we are going to see some fire from this dude. I don’t know enough to predict his consistency, but I do remember being impressed with the couple threads I read through.

@Nigma

Nigma is one of those heavy hitters that I speak of. Truly creative, its hard to prepare for what he may come at you with. I really appreciate that he is not afraid to walk outside the lines and experiment with his verses and the delivery of those verses. Another writer on this site that I have great respect for, you guys better bring heat if your name ends up next to his.

[youtube]7l2SgCkOLiU[/youtube]

For this next column, I have suspended reading any of the current open battles, in order to see how my predictions hold up. It’s obvious that two battles have already ended by way of no-show. . and these verses will not go completely un-noticed, as I will feature a highlights section to give these writes some due for dropping a verse as was asked of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psc18ad72c.jpg

OG Maestro vs LENOX

No secret that this one ended in a no-show. OG gets a free win and Lenox gets slapped with the DQ. Sucks this has to happen, but hey, what can you do right?

Surplus Wins via LIONHEART

This one actually surprises me. Its not typically like Lionheart not to answer the call of battle. Usually only see him miss battles when someone pisses him off or something and he dips out. Not sure what happened here, but I do hope to see a return to action.

Slowhands vs Boston

If im not mistaken, this one can be chalked up to another no-show. I believe Slowhands was too slow to check in. (see what I did there?)

SELF ACTIVATE VS KING PRINCE

I’m looking forward to this battle. My money is on Self Activate simply because I think he excels a bit more then King does right now in a few categories. However, this could be one of those battles that King can really learn from. Self cant underestimate his opponent here.

The Law vs Nigma

Battle of the week right here. Its tough to call a winner on this one. Both these writers are strong in every category and its going to be blow for blow I think. I dunno . . Im going to have to trust my instinct and predict Nigma, but this one should be a barnburner if they both come with it.

[youtube]2B5dOCSBBEI[/youtube]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps3hbhzvn3.png

Special thanks go out to @143 for all his hard work and dedication for the last two seasons of SS. There are two major things a successful league needs

1st – a reliable and dedicated moderator
    2nd – reliable and dedicated members

The act of moderating a league is selfless and it requires a lot of time. Please return that favor by simply staying active and respect the fact that 143 needs your activity as much as you need his oversight of this league. 143, much respect big brother for putting in all the time and hard work, you are a true contributing talent on this site. On behalf of all members of SS, thank you sir.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psejguugqi.png

So that concludes the week 1 magazine. Thank you to everyone who watched and read along. Once I get back into the swing of doing these, they will only get better and more in depth. I will be calling on people for interviews in the upcoming magazines. . and would love to showcase some work from you guys who also do audio. I will also be bringing you battles of the week, verses of the week and more. . . . Til next week . .

peace

[youtube]GglsBHdKDBk[/youtube]

-E.L.
    Last edited by Nohbody; August 22nd, 2016 at 11:36 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM HOF

Re: ...:::SS Season 16 - Week 1 Magazine:::...

Great read my dude. Respect that work, getting this league started off right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-8

Dope mag bro...

Thanks for all the effort you put in.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Respect.

Awards PS HOF OM HOF

Dope shit man glad to get some insight on who I may be facing this season
    I.P.

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Big shots to @Enoch light for the mag and I do appreciate everyone who competes here. The level that you all bring to the table is the reason that I want to mod this league. The dopeness, the individual ingenuity and the creativeness here to me is the upper echelon of topical writing. Again, great job with this E.L. and thank you for coming on board with this.

Best Topical Writer: 143

You've Earned a Custom Title!

fuck w it. feels good to know my talent is recognized from one of the two best topical battlers ive ever faced. that's being said the other is mod of this league and he definitely deserves praise. hardest working league mod ive ever seen. no matter how bad voting and no shows got, 143 always keeps the show rolling and never drops the ball

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

no worries peeps

just keep writing and feeding me content to make magazines with

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

You've Earned a Custom Title! The Law's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2
    Awards OM HOF

Dope magazine. Very well put together.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Wow, this was a really nice magazine. Mad props to the mods running this league.

Ready for week 2!