Will eventually burst
    And become nothing

For that is what
    We have always been

Nothing

Battle Record
    64-44

Re: Stars (old poem)

Hey osvaldojpalom1, i thought this was an interesting piece of poetry, i really liked the star referenced and the metaphors for exploding into nothing, the emotions were pretty strong, i felt like i needed a denser layer to the metaphor to make it stand out more, the potential was strong, and your stanzas read clear and smooth. Its always nice to look on some old work and see how it shines to us. Thanks for the read
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

This is an old poem like you said, so it lacks the refinement of your other work I've noticed on the forum. Feels like a supernova theme layered with the idea of a person packing in too much baggage before they're bursting. Problem here is the wording's too dry and too straightforward, almost something you feel an edgy "depressed" kid in seventh grade who listens to My Chemical Romance would write. Know what I mean? Reads too much like a preaching or a rant in it's way. And the short lines did not help the flow. Stop and go did not work for this. I will say it shows promise of your current talent.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

osvaldojpalom1, you're obviously a deep thinker. I like that you take elements like this and dissect it and then show us how you play a part of that whole.
    I appreciate that. What I liked about this is that it's clean in a crisp type of way. Sometimes too clean though can come off as a bit sterile.
    What I thought it lacked was a poetic sense of pace and tone to dance with your wording.
    I felt your tone was a tad harsh and that left me with a bit of an abrupt feeling. This lacked the refined flow that I've read in your other piece and of course I put it down to it being an older piece. This to me seems like spoken word in that I can imagine it being recited aloud. I gotta say, I really like your outro.
    That stillness in the end kills me.
    I thought this was ok osvaldojpalom1, just a bit harsh where the blending of sentences is concerned. Some of the words came off sounding a bit wooden and because of that, it was just a bit jarring to the senses. If you know what I mean lol.
    But for an older piece, I mean it's obvious you're always had talent, and that core ingredient isn't had by all.
    I'd like to see a smoother transition from line to line. Other than that, nice work osvaldojpalom1.

Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.