User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New for 2017: Short Story League

Battle Record
    0-1

New for 2017: Short Story League

Population of Rapbattles, this site has been known for written expression...

BUT

much focus is on lyricism and wordplays and as such some focus has been lost on the raw art of storytelling. Fictional or otherwise, everyone's got a story, but what separates the good ones from the bad ones is the entertainment value.

Hence the long stewed introduction of the Short Story League.. Notice should be put on the "short" part as the reading of a long written piece in paragraph formation can be tedious at times.

But Mr Elmsby, what is this about? How does it work?

This will not run like the other leagues in spite of it's name, but rather will incorporate aspects of Front Lines. While anyone has the liberty of writing a short story, there may be times when one ponders "I think I'm good but I want to see how I stack up against another writer". If you are one of these sorts, this is where this will come in handy: the only factor of critique is reader entertainment! There are no shackles or restrictions, unleash your full creativity.

Ok, so how do I set this up?

As of 4/10/17, no subforum has been established for this as it hasn't been mentioned outside of this thread. This is news to everyone, so this is the prototype phase.

As this thread will be established as a general chat/feedback thread regarding this concept, a second thread will be labeled "Short Story League Call-Out Thread" where one can issue a direct or an open callout.

This is where you come in:
    1) If you have been issued a direct callout, set up a thread in the open Poets Corner forum titled "Short Story Battle: YOUR NAME vs THEIR NAME". There's really no rules other than to write a short story unless you and said opponent agreed prior to topical conditions (i.e.- genre, moral of the story, protagonist, etc). Then write- if both stories aren't done in a week it gets deleted/revised based upon who showed up (if one person writes, it gets relabeled as their individual work. If neither show, it gets deleted). Direct callout posts will be deleted once the actual battle thread is posted in the Poets Corner section.

2) If you are planning on issuing an open callout, first check the "Short Story League Call-Out Thread" to see if any open ones remain. A moderator will be checking in on the opens to see if they are answered and if one is, the post will be edited to show who challenged. Only if there is no open challenge may one be issued. If you were hoping to get someone in specific don't be a bitch- tag them and make it direct.

Moral of the Story- New section where creativity is the only factor, get wild and unleash a new universe.
    Before, I was merely The Ultimate Hero and the only true champion. Now, some group of kiddos named AI has accepted me as their idol to be worshiped and revered. But I can still be your hero too.

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Re: New for 2017: Short Story League

Yeah, no wonder you're asking yourself how to set it up. Cock sucker. Lick a thousand dicks.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    0-1

Delegation means assigning the important tasks to those most seasoned and capable. I have sent all 1000 of those cocks for you to gleefully slurp. If Neo from The Matrix licked cock instead of dodging bullets, he'd still look like a rookie compared to you.

Or do you just prefer when men call you "mami"?
    Before, I was merely The Ultimate Hero and the only true champion. Now, some group of kiddos named AI has accepted me as their idol to be worshiped and revered. But I can still be your hero too.

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Definitely TGF.

Battle Record
    0-1

Yep.

Battle Record
    0-1

I'm gonna get this started this weekend. I'd be fuckin' lying if I said I wanted to do anything but drink 110 proof and fuckin' relax for the next few hours.

Soule

Do you even have anyone interested in this? So far I only see people making fun of you.

Battle Record
    0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Omega View Post
    Do you even have anyone interested in this? So far I only see people making fun of you.
    You could enter this as a short story and title it "The Value of My Life by Johnny Omega".

Has anyone ever not called you queer?

Battle Record
    0-1

First off, my apologies on the rather soft introduction. I've had things goin' on and I haven't been giving this the attention it requires. The only person to blame is me, but this week I'll be introducing some technical modifications to help it roll on forth.