User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: COD or Battlefield?

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

COD or Battlefield?

Not including Advanced Warfare as it can't be considered Cod.

The mechanics of battlefield are simply superior. Accounting for bullet drop, leading targets, vast array of vehicles and destroyable environment.

But COD isn't trying to be realistic. It's trying to be fast paced and generally fun. If it weren't for modding that'd definitely be considered achieved I think. I also find the class setup system a lot better in general with COD. And though I'm sure many would argue against it, but I feel especially with Black ops 2, MW3, and even MW2 that the weapons are generally more balanced. Of course you'll get anomalies like the FAMAS or AUG, or ACR but for the most part I feel you can get kills with the worst weapons fairly easily if you're conscious of perk/attachment setup. I personally don't feel the same comfort-ability with Battlefield.

Either way, I think Battlefield is a better game overall in the impressive intricacy of their games, but I enjoy COD more for it's fast paced straight back into the action feel.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Re: COD or Battlefield?

When I play a shooter, I just want to jump into a map and shoot shit. I prefer COD for it's faster pace.... buy I haven't played it in quite some time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Exactly. I mean Battlefield does combat it's gigantic map sizes with the deployment system and that there's more players per lobby than COD. But unless you're a master in jets and tanks you pretty much aren't getting insane kill feeds.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    16-5
    Awards PC HOF OM HOF

COD of corse
    AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

I prefer COD because it has offline splitscreen co-op so my son and I can play bots. We put them on the highest difficulty setting and practice. We can't play online because we have satellite internet. I think Battlefield's coolest attribute is environment destruction. COD has it to a degree but I would love to collapse a building on a camper in COD.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Battlefield, man. BF, conquest or rush. Man, those are my favorite modes.

cod is a good introduction to fps. But once you get a taste for bf, cod becomes lackluster. Well thats how it was for me. CODs still cool though, but, you do start to realise how easy that game is in comparison to bf.. when i play cod i feel like im playing with laser guns. MW3 was the last one i bought.

Plus, being able to destroy the environment is awesome, no round is ever the same. Campers have to find new spots after you blow the shit out of their home.

[youtube]4LbPlNE21KQ[/youtube]

hmm i made a bf one, where did i put it.. never uploaded it. but was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; April 27th, 2017 at 07:57 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    18-1

Quote Originally Posted by smut peddler View Post
    Battlefield, man. BF, conquest or rush. Man, those are my favorite modes.

cod is a good introduction to fps. But once you get a taste for bf, cod becomes lackluster. Well thats how it was for me. CODs still cool though, but, you do start to realise how easy that game is in comparison to bf.. when i play cod i feel like im playing with laser guns.

Plus, being able to destroy the environment is awesome, no round is ever the same. Campers have to find new spots after you blow the shit out of their home.
    I also far prefer sniping on battlefield (Excluding quickscoping obviously) and you're right, campers get wrecked! I don't think it's that the game is easier, but just different. Like, I see people going horribblllyy negative KD in both games, but battlefield is immersive in a way that I don't want COD to be. I like that I can jump into a lobby in cod and just have a quick game. Typically on BF I'm there for conquest.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice montage man! If you still have black ops and an xbox we should play sometime!

- - - Updated - - -

I only say blackops because I'm still rocking 360, so it's backwards compatible if you have Xbox One
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    57-8

BF sniping is awesome, indeed. Gotta play on hardcore though. I actually cant stand bf softcore.. I despise that the game thought giving your opponent wall hacks after you bested them was a good idea. So hardcore it is. Plus. the 1 hit kill with the marksman rifles in hardcore is quite satisfying.

dude, in cod i met up with some other hardcore players online n they invited me to their party cause I kept breaking out of their spawn trap n killing them. Anyway.. one match some dude we went against went 0-100... it was crazy... Dunno what he was doing.. I think the mode was demolition. or sabotage or something.

But yeah overall i do enjoy conquest the most. Rush is my next favorite. I like how it progresses over the map when you take or lose objectives.

Cheers man. I Mostly play on PC. My black ops is for ps3. heh. Just remembered Last cod i bought was ghosts on pc. Played with toobs a little. The map with the castle.. oh man, thats a great map.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; April 27th, 2017 at 08:27 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    18-1

Damn man. I mean, what's going through your mind even when you're at 0-50? haha Dude's just sat there like 'I can turn this around!' The eternal fucking optimist.

But yo, I've just started playing Ghost again yesterday! Got bored of black ops 3 and hardline. AK 12, Honey Badger, K7, Remington, USR... some fucking brutal gatts on there!
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    57-8

Quote Originally Posted by Poeta Demonio View Post
    Damn man. I mean, what's going through your mind even when you're at 0-50? haha Dude's just sat there like 'I can turn this around!' The eternal fucking optimist.

But yo, I've just started playing Ghost again yesterday! Got bored of black ops 3 and hardline. AK 12, Honey Badger, K7, Remington, USR... some fucking brutal gatts on there!
    whats going through my mind by that stage is, im about to rage quit. Hell at 0-10 i'll be thinking hmm, maybe these guys are hacking or just out of my leauge..

So yeah, that guy was i dont even know. keep on keeping on. A trooper.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    0-2

ive had my fun with both... though i can say i had a LOT more fun with the Battlefield series prior to the Bad Company games coming.... BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF 2, etc... whole shit changed after those...

i like COD cuz its just pure reflex....fasting person running around shooting at everything that moves wins mostly...tactics dont matter if youre a rusher...

but in BF you can use your head to win...

couldnt say which is better... theyre both good for different reasons...

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Battlefield is killing COD it's not even close

AI

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

BF all day. Gameplay is way better imo.

Battle Record
    18-1

Quote Originally Posted by smut peddler View Post
    whats going through my mind by that stage is, im about to rage quit. Hell at 0-10 i'll be thinking hmm, maybe these guys are hacking or just out of my leauge..

So yeah, that guy was i dont even know. keep on keeping on. A trooper.
    Fair play man! Fuck rage quit. I'd put my controller through the TV screen and never play cod again haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    ive had my fun with both... though i can say i had a LOT more fun with the Battlefield series prior to the Bad Company games coming.... BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF 2, etc... whole shit changed after those...

i like COD cuz its just pure reflex....fasting person running around shooting at everything that moves wins mostly...tactics dont matter if youre a rusher...

but in BF you can use your head to win...

couldnt say which is better... theyre both good for different reasons...
    I agree, very different games. For me it largely depends on how I'm feeling. If I want to put in a session and have the time, BF , if not, cod all the way. A lot of people say battlefield is harder, but I don't think that's the case. BF is about playing the objective, COD is about killing stuff even with objective based games, with the exception of S&D and maybe capture the flag. Sure, someone's gotta cap flags, or plant etc... but it doesn't require the same level of team work to cap objectives and to hold objectives that BF does.
    Last edited by Poeta Demonio; April 28th, 2017 at 06:01 AM
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Lenox

How? Cod has been doing WW2 games since 2003.