User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kung Fu Rap

Battle Record
    64-44

Kung Fu Rap

A true masters training, it's never done..

As I go through my katas, flowing like water
    Destined for momentum, the moments a motion we offer
    On the path that I have seeked, how fast the mind can dream
    Like im stabbing knives in sheaths, hand in a bag of iron beads [heeyahh]
    I show then vanish, turn scrolls to sanskrit
    My souls a mantis slowly dancing on stone and granite
    Ghost and phantoms imprisoning us physically
    Listening what wisdom speaks, coincidence and mystery
    Hit em with the willow leaf, hit em with the eagle claw
    Studied self defense in every single creatures form
    Little things were reaching for, no big beliefs in reaped reward
    Will we ever see? Guaranteed my peace is yours
    Bait switch, hate crept through flesh and scars
    The best so far training with 8 step and 7 star
    High-low when fights go, cycles that life holds
    Style is tribal, both mindful and psycho..

A true masters training, its never done
    Nope, never done

Passing a time frame, maxing my minds waves
    My daggers can fly with the balance of white cranes
    I float like flocks, I broke apart, ive flown alone
    Going far, the only stars ive ever known were thrown
    A level im reaching, of lessons and teachings
    A new path im taking, a true masters training- never completed
    The force of our focus, importantly potent
    No shoulders exposing openings towards your opponent
    I've spun purple, jumped hurdles, blood curdled
    I've given whats made, spending all day in small circles
    Lightning's my limits speed, I fight till my fist'll bleed
    Been fixing tight, a perfected type of intensity
    Systems retaught, relived in our thoughts
    Inner growth creating a special cultivated energy stored
    Felt in your heart, or rip it apart
    Kung Fu is life, won't chose a time to envision my art

We live it and did from the start, so continue
    For a true masters training is never done.
    Last edited by _Lyrics; May 27th, 2017 at 07:57 AM
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

Awards OM HOF

Re: Kung Fu Rap

Dope!

This kind of reminds me of a piece Sammy dropped last year titled 'Warrior' (one of my all time favorites). In any case, what you have here is really impressive, L. I kept thinking your wording might drop off, but it never did. And the few times it look like it was about to you quickly brought it back. I guess even the way you put you lines together was similar to Kung Fu. You had rhythm, motion, fluidity, style, and lyrical choreography line-after-line. You imagery was also spot on, as it was easy for me to imagine what you wrote in my mind with almost perfect clarity of vision. Another thing I really appreciated was your vocabulary. Which came across as being knowledgeable and very appropriate. Lastly, the overall atmosphere surrounding this piece seemed authentic and all-immersive. In other words, I felt like I was in the story as I read it. Dope stuff my dude. Highly enjoyable to read. Per usual.

Awards PC HOF

@SELF ACTIVATE lmao when i saw the title and picture, i was thinking the same thing haha. Word, Bob, this is fire, son. As i'm reading it, similar to Self, i really dug how the movement (flow and schemes) juxtapose with the concept of kungfu. There were a couple of instances where the wording took a dive spun purple/fixing tight - unless its some kind of lingo i'm not familiar with lol. besides those hiccups, this verse was simply dope. the seven star line was ill! Good to see u dropping again, my dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! walkerblack's Avatar
    Awards PC HOF

The cycle of the rhyme schemes in this piece impressed me as different martial-arts styles. I dunno if that was the intention or if it was just interpreted, but shit is fantastic either way

Soule

Really liked this Bobby. I've seen the concept used a couple times before but from a technical aspect this would be one of the better versions. Your rhyme scheme was dope from start to finish and you had a lot of nice little spots in there reflecting martial arts. Dope read bro. Everyone before me hit basically everything I could've touched up on so good job and nom'd.

Soule

This was very well written. From a technical aspect, I was pretty blown away with the way you word your lines. It comes off very comfortably and natural. Wasn't really any false language just to make your shit sound cool. Just a guy writing his rhymes and I respect that. Lots of quotable lines. As Kingslayer said, I really liked your use of old fashioned martial arts terms. Had a very karate kid vibe. Honestly though, you know what this reminded me of? Parappa the Rapper. You remember that dude from the original Playstation? Sorry, couldn't help but think of that as I read this. Either way, dope read man and definitely Hall of Fame worthy.

Favorite line:

Passing a time frame, maxing my minds waves
    My daggers can fly with the balance of white cranes

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Dude, that opening sentiment is delectable! 'the moments a motion we offer' nearly made me insta-orgasm. The flow in this piece is so so strong. Mot multiple rhyme schemes involve simplistic obvious choices in some parts as fillers of sorts, but yours were pertinent and to the point at all times. Very impressive writing here in terms of the command of vocabulary and the strength of the poetic voice. It presents itself as a dramatic monologue, yet shares elements of narrative in terms of the shifts in recollection and time. Very very well crafted images throughout with lines such as 'Ghost and phantoms imprisoning us physically
    Listening what wisdom speaks, coincidence and mystery' and 'No shoulders exposing openings towards your opponent, I've spun purple, jumped hurdles, blood curdled' standing out for me as the most powerful lines. I knew you were good, but damn son! Apparently growing weed is not all you're good for :P

Amazing drop. HoF fo'sho.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

-Marvelous-
    Battle Record
    58-10
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion GFX HOF - Award Request Accepted SOTW ABL Champion FL HOF VBL Champion - VBL Champion AOTM AOTW FL Champion

I show then vanish, turn scrolls to sanskrit
    My souls a mantis slowly dancing on stone and granite
    Ghost and phantoms imprisoning us physically
    Listening what wisdom speaks, coincidence and mystery
    Hit em with the willow leaf, hit em with the eagle claw
    Studied self defense in every single creatures form

dope dope dope .. schemes were cool man, my style of writing flowed through easy from start to finish vocab imagery all on point.. read it twice liked it the 2ndtime better lol lines i quoted above were my favorites. honestly not much to say other than i really enjoyed it... love the topic s well, might have to drop something like this in the future... Good shit boy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.