User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Emotional Overdose

Emotional Overdose

I really should of stayed home, why'd i have to go
    today of all days, i had to travel down this road

chill in my bones heart in my throat feeling alone with no sense of hope
    sick from the dope at the end of my rope owned by the opioid's fuelled by the coke

out of my mind trying to cope with these lines
    poppin pills to forget but still it reminds

i should know better than this i know what it does, losing someone i love still isn't enough
    it was her birthday today and im still doing drugs slowly killing my self while i escape threw a buzz

so hard to believe Vanessa is gone, wrong place bad timing
    i still see her body surrounded by light like a silver lining

higher than the mountains both lying on our backs staring at the clouds lid back in the grass
    memories flash as i swig from the flask remembering the lipstick from her lips on the rim of a glass

and her ass in those jeans that use to fit her so nice ,Vanessa my angel the love of my life
    who's no longer with us after that night when the overdose came she paid the ultimate price

we both fell asleep in a field full of dreams
    but only my eyes opened to the morning sun beams

she stayed and i left shes there and im not
    now my life is a nightmare im wishing would stop

but over again it replays in my head
    the image was horrid her lying there dead

as i cried and i wept over her cold body
    unforgettably painful the weight is still on me

i will carry it forever until we meet again, its bin five long years im unable to mend
    my broken heart my weakened soul i need it to end, getting high trying to die to be with my friend

travelling down memory lane a road that i dread, why'd i have to go and say what i said
    reminding myself i wish i was dead i put a knife to my neck and utter a threat

oh why'd i have to witness such a horrible death ,pray to god i wake up dead
    finish off the booze and a bottle of meds, cry myself to sleep alone in my bed

You've Earned a Custom Title! Venom's Avatar

Re: Emotional Overdose

In my opinion this is a good display of passionate writing, content wise. However the technical mechanics of the piece itself could benefit from some modifications and polish to give the readers a smoother read and help further draw out cadence.
    Rhyme syllables not just words, best advice I can give. Overall a decent read, look forward to seeing more.

Re: Emotional Overdose

Appreciate you taking the time to feed this bro, thanks