User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: 15 years later - Any OG's still pursuing or have made music a career?

You've Earned a Custom Title! schizmatic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Question 15 years later - Any OG's still pursuing or made music a career?

I started making beats in FL studio around 15 years ago, but they were always "too busy". Eventually ended up transitioning into music for media, mostly video games on STEAM. Also used to text battle quite a lot, only had about 2 decent versus my entire RB career.

Wondering if anyone else out there is still on their grind, I knew Kris Kain was the shit around here back in the day, and there were some others. If so, please share your stuff.
    Last edited by schizmatic; October 9th, 2017 at 02:39 PM

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: 15 years later - Any OG's still pursuing or have made music a career?

Charron (Bom Bard) is doing pretty well for himself. He's probably the most successful guy still text battling on here.

Battle Record
    5-21

Dont know i guess i try... if you need anything let me know i aint really do much though to be honest still very mich learning text game but yes hi i am late bloom pleased to traduce you...
    a labyrinth of power.....

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Late Bloom just released his 3rd album.

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    Charron (Bom Bard) is doing pretty well for himself. He's probably the most successful guy still text battling on here.
    Good for him, sounds familiar, any other alias's back from 2005?

Battle Record
    0-2

when you say " Eventually ended up transitioning into music for media, mostly video games on STEAM.", im assuming you mean doing the audio work for indie devs...

if so, got any tips? bewen trying to make some sort of living, even supplemental income in that area...but i always wind up with people trying to get me to do a profit share...or some bum ass dudes just looking to use me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-21

I dont think there really is money in it... unless u were to ask maybe to view a battle u ask for maybr like 2 cents from each user or each battle in question... dont know man id have no idea how to set it up... but yeah that would be cool...
    a labyrinth of power.....

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    when you say " Eventually ended up transitioning into music for media, mostly video games on STEAM.", im assuming you mean doing the audio work for indie devs...

if so, got any tips? bewen trying to make some sort of living, even supplemental income in that area...but i always wind up with people trying to get me to do a profit share...or some bum ass dudes just looking to use me...
    Yea word.. Seems to be the same way with my graphics.. Ive started quite a few projects for people who lack communication skills with me n I end up putting in work for no reason other than at that moment in my life it was what i felt like doing..

We really gotta find the right people. One day dude. I mean i have ideas. but not enough to sit down and make a game out of. I really need some cats to have the story and gameplay somewhat worked out. Then i can come along and add some visual flair to the mix. Id love to have you work on some sound too n we could have something special on our hands..

Also schiz. I remember giving you feedback here like 4 years ago. you had some quality music that would be fitting for video games. Good to see you still at it.

As for your question.. I dont really know. Seems like most people I thought were sick enough to bump outside of the site dont post anymore.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; October 7th, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    32-6

Thanks for answering Toobs question, Late Bloom. He should definitely know what to do moving forward

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post

Yes mostly, but don't be fooled by the term "indie devs", as these are games that sometimes sell in the hundreds of thousands or millions and pay very well. Some get ported to PS4/Xbox One if popular enough. Still, the goal is to consistently work on bigger AAA projects. That's another main reason I transitioned, there is no in-between with beats or top 40 music, either you're at the bottom or at the top. Nepotism is everywhere, but it's ridiculous in that specific industry. I have producer friends and most are working for little to nothing for exposure.

I'm passed the stage of getting taken advantage of, Devs usually recognize my work online and I have a set rate (which can vary depending on project budget and terms). I also ask for half deposit which is crucial. The biggest thing that helped me was getting that one project which got my foot in the door, then companies take your emails much more seriously. I found my first gig on a forum, saw the game had potential and bombarded them with inquiries at least once a month. A nice looking website and portfolio helps immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by smut peddler View Post
    Yea word.. Seems to be the same way with my graphics.. Ive started quite a few projects for people who lack communication skills with me n I end up putting in work for no reason other than at that moment in my life it was what i felt like doing..

We really gotta find the right people. One day dude. I mean i have ideas. but not enough to sit down and make a game out of. I really need some cats to have the story and gameplay somewhat worked out. Then i can come along and add some visual flair to the mix. Id love to have you work on some sound too n we could have something special on our hands..

Also schiz. I remember giving you feedback here like 4 years ago. you had some quality music that would be fitting for video games. Good to see you still at it.

As for your question.. I dont really know. Seems like most people I thought were sick enough to bump outside of the site dont post anymore.
    Communication is terrible in the hip hop/pop/top 40 industry. I couldn't take the level or entitlement and narcissism, so I left. Also, wasn't too fond of the direction music was headed, I come from the Chronic/Eminem show album era.

Thanks for the compliments, I don't remember you, maybe it was a different alias.
    Last edited by schizmatic; October 7th, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

I would have been called Moist. Its Moist. MoistPuss. something like that. I only recently changed to smut peddler.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Goneee

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Not as many vet's showing up as I hoped. Where the hell is The End?? And SmokaJoka, the dude who taught me how to wordplay.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Smoka usually posts in the sports section - not often is he out and about on RB other sub forums.

Battle Record
    0-2

Thanks for answering Toobs question, Late Bloom. He should definitely know what to do moving forward
    lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizmatic View Post
    Yes mostly, but don't be fooled by the term "indie devs", as these are games that sometimes sell in the hundreds of thousands or millions and pay very well. Some get ported to PS4/Xbox One if popular enough. Still, the goal is to consistently work on bigger AAA projects. That's another main reason I transitioned, there is no in-between with beats or top 40 music, either you're at the bottom or at the top. Nepotism is everywhere, but it's ridiculous in that specific industry. I have producer friends and most are working for little to nothing for exposure.
    oh yeah, definitely... indie game is kinda just a blanket term nowadays... my personal experience i've enjoyed more indie games in recent years than AAA titles...

i guess i should restate my question... i know the way the industry works... i've been hardcore into PC gaming for most of my life... and know a LOT of developers, participate in a lot of communities geared around game development and such....
    i guess the better thing ot ask is, is there a place to link up with people who are serious and theres no bullshit involved?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.