User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bruce Lee or Donnie Yen?

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Bruce Lee or Donnie Yen?

I have to give the nod to Donnie Yen. Both practiced Wing Chun but Bruce Lee's catalog just wasn't as impressive as Donnie's is. I know it's outlandish to say, but I would take the Ip Man trilogy over anything Bruce Lee did. Not that Bruce Lee won't be remembered as one of the best, but I would watch Kung Fu Killer over any movie in Bruce Lee's catalog.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Re: Bruce Lee or Donnie Yen?

I could never get into the IP Man trilogy. A few trailers caught my eye while browsing so I decided to watch the 3rd one while it was on Netflix and I found myself bored with it. Had the Crouching Tiger vibe with the slow, dazzling kind of action (At least how i remember it) I'm more of a fan of the hard-hitting, raw, unorthodox style that Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa bring to the table. I'll watch any of the 90's Jackie Chan movies over all the legends in the ensemble.

The Jackie Chan vs Ken Lo fight in the Drunken Master is my all time favorite.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Ong Bak is sick, watch it if you havent. Tony Jaa.

Just chiming in on martial art flicks. I like both, don't want to choose.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Hard call to make. I really can't say either is better than the other. Bruce definitely had more power before his moves and was just as quick n lethal.

Not really a fan of Ong Bak. He's a bit sloppy in his executions. Almost comes off like he freestyles on some Jackie Chan shit.

- - - Updated - - -

And IP Man was dope until the 3rd one. That movie was trash. One good fight scene and then it was snoring time.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

I used to love Tony Jaa. His best material was easily Ong Bak. But aside from the insanse stunts he does, he really needs to expand his fighting style. Knees and elbows are dope, but there's a point where he becomes predictable as say JCVD, Steven Seagal, and Michael Jai White.

What I like about Donnie is that he is just as schooled at Wing Chun as Bruce Lee was, and has the same bad ass swagger but is more humble than Bruce Lee ever was. He's also pro at weapons. Watch Kung Fu Killer on Netflix. It was amazing. Great storyline, too. The guy who plays opposite of Donnie, I don't know his name but he is freaking bonkers.

Battle Record
    64-44

Kune jeet do
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

Donnie yen for acting. Lee for skill. Hands down.
    I'm a depressed happy cunt. Don't fuck with me. I love you, but I'm crazy.[/I]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.